Beamer in trouble ...

The Red Fox

C&B, you've got to be kidding if you think taking a slash on a bar is "harmless". What would you do if you were standing at the bar ordering a drink and the bloke next to you flopped it out and starting having a [censored] right in front of you? I know, you'd pat him on the back and say "no worries mate, no harm done", right?

I used the same argument with Fevola and "accepting" what he did/does by dismissing it with "whats the harm ?".

C&B - taking the urinating out of the picture - if you accept what Moloney did - going out and getting gassed because it isnt illegal. Then how would you feel if next week - Moloney and Jones did it...? how about Moloney, Jones, Sylvia, Jamar and 5 others ? How about Moloney taking Scully, Trengove, Tapscott and Cook with him to get blasted after a match ? If it is ok for one then surely it is ok for all ?

Do you think it is coincidence that NO team condones going out and getting intoxicated at 2:30am after a game ? Being a professional footballer comes with certain expectations - clearly not getting intoxicated after a match is one of them.

As to urinating on a bar (if true) - that is not even an expectation that a professional footballer wouldnt do that - it is an expectation of anyone that is civilised.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 36DD

I used the same argument with Fevola and "accepting" what he did/does by dismissing it with "whats the harm ?".

C&B - taking the urinating out of the picture - if you accept what Moloney did - going out and getting gassed because it isnt illegal. Then how would you feel if next week - Moloney and Jones did it...? how about Moloney, Jones, Sylvia, Jamar and 5 others ? How about Moloney taking Scully, Trengove, Tapscott and Cook with him to get blasted after a match ? If it is ok for one then surely it is ok for all ?

Do you think it is coincidence that NO team condones going out and getting intoxicated at 2:30am after a game ? Being a professional footballer comes with certain expectations - clearly not getting intoxicated after a match is one of them.

As to urinating on a bar (if true) - that is not even an expectation that a professional footballer wouldnt do that - it is an expectation of anyone that is civilised.

pretty much nailed it right there

you mean like what happens every single time you use a urinal?

It's pretty bad... but 'harmless' means that 'nobody has been harmed' which i'm sure you will agree with

like e25 said, the thing that worries me most is that he must have been absolutely slaughtered to make that 'decision'

Context matters. A public bar isn't a urinal.

NB: I'm not going to get into a philosophical debate about harm, but suffice to say that I disagree.

If on fire perhaps.

Hah.

Footballers can do what the F%^k they like,I couldn't care less, however, footballers who are serious about success and maximising performances would not have done what Beamer is alledged to have done, they would have been firmly focused on recovery in an effort to give them the best opportunity to win next week.

You say I have no idea what i'm talking, good on ya legend, I guess all the sports scientists are wrong about the negative impact alcohol has on the body.

It's really not a difficult concept to understand is it ?

There are team rules governing what you do and how you act as professional footballer and 17 clubs would not condone what Moloney has done.

Jeez, this is frustrating...

Our leadership group is the girl with the curl on her forehead...

On-field, off-field, in a bar, or on it.

I can't wait for Grimes, Scully, Trengove, Watts, et al. to be older and experienced.

For those who are unaware, although I'm sure DC would have stipulated - the rhyme goes;

There was a little girl

Who had a little curl

Right in the middle of her forehead

And when she was good

She was very very good

And when she was bad she was horrid.

Edited by rpfc

I think the 3 wise monkey approach would be wise if a tanked Beamer was having a slash next to me at the bar.

Wouldn't suggest it's anything other than a disgusting act.

To me I dont see the harm for any footy player to go out and have a few beers after a game on the weekends. I'm sure 90% of us on here have a drink after work on fridays right?

Prob went a bit too far beamer having a slash on the bar though. :blink:

Jeez, this is frustrating...

Our leadership group is the girl with the curl on her forehead...

On-field, off-field, in a bar, or on it.

I can't wait for Grimes, Scully, Trengove, Watts, et al. to be older and experienced.

For those who are unaware, although I'm sure DC would have stipulated - the rhyme goes;

There was a little girl

Who had a little curl

Right in the middle of her forehead

And when she was good

She was very very good

And when she was bad she was horrid.

Then one day that little girl

Brushed away that little curl

Away from the middle of her forehead

Now she is good

She is very, very good

And nobody thinks she is horrid!

To me I dont see the harm for any footy player to go out and have a few beers after a game on the weekends. I'm sure 90% of us on here have a drink after work on fridays right?

Not many people - no one? - is complaining about players having a few beers. It's all the beers after 'a few' that seems to be the issue. It's also the issue of still being out drinking all those beers ~5 (?) hours before a recovery session.

You wouldn't do it before work the next day and stay up till 2.30...

And you probably wouldn't get [censored] if you need all your faculties with you're at training, or for proper recovery of your body (that has had some issues over the years...).

Edited by rpfc

You wouldn't do it before work the next day and stay up till 2.30...

And you probably wouldn't get [censored] if you need all your faculties with you're at training, or for proper recovery of your body (that has had some issues over the years...).

to be fair, he did attempt to excrete said poisons before leaving the establishment :D

I'm sure 90% of us on here have a drink after work on fridays right?

Hands up the 90% on this site who are professional footballers who are trying to get the best out of the bodies and prepare in the best possible manner for the upcoming game(s) which is what they are paid large sums of money to do. Anyone ? Anyone ?

What part of "Moloney was intoxicated" is hard to grasp ?

I have no problem with anyone going out getting blasted as often as they like ( yes i do) but if thats what you want to do don't choose a career in a team enviroment that requires discipline and self retstraint for the team to achieve the highest goal.

I'd say just fine him $5k and get on with it.

To kick him out of the leadership group would be a bit far fetched, because he has shown more leadership on the field this year than most of the other members of the group combined. I'm not condoning urinating over a public bar while your captain and vice captain are asleep, but he also urinated over the Brisbane midfield yesterday whilst the same players were sleeping. If you're going to kick players out of the leadership group then kick out those who are letting you down week after week and not those who make 1 mistake.

If somebody is going to make a decision on the punishment to Beamer then let Dean Bailey do it himself, as there aren't many players within the 'leadership group' who deserve to be able to make a decision such as this.

Yeah an im not saying he didnt go too far either. Ive been plastered and never felt the need to wizz on the bar. But footy players brains obviously aren't programmed like normal ones.

I think 1 week suspension should do it. Its obviously not a regular thing for him to stuff up like this. You dont get that body by sinking beer.

I'd say just fine him $5k and get on with it.

To kick him out of the leadership group would be a bit far fetched, because he has shown more leadership on the field this year than most of the other members of the group combined. I'm not condoning urinating over a public bar while your captain and vice captain are asleep, but he also urinated over the Brisbane midfield yesterday whilst the same players were sleeping. If you're going to kick players out of the leadership group then kick out those who are letting you down week after week and not those who make 1 mistake.

If somebody is going to make a decision on the punishment to Beamer then let Dean Bailey do it himself, as there aren't many players within the 'leadership group' who deserve to be able to make a decision such as this.

I can't understand why it is so hard to understand that what is done off the field dictates so often what happens on the field. It is not just a matter of "geez he can really play". How players train, how they are there to lend advice off the field, the extra hours put in, the younger players seeing how the leaders prepare themselves and conduct themselves dictates leadership as much as what we see on the field. If that wasnt the case then the Brad Millers and Rivers would not have been elected to that group. Even Aaron Davey is not an inspirational leader on the ground but we have seen signs and heard inklings of what he does away from the 120 minutes on the ground that makes him a leader at the club.

It is a leadership group decision - the leadership group dictated that Colin Sylvia's behaviour was inappropriate - the leadership group decides on how the players should act/behave. The players elect the leadership on the basis of them being the best at the club to make those calls.

I am suggesting Moloney will be suspended ( as he should be) and I am tipping he will also show great remorse for what he has done as I believe he sees himself as a leader and will know that in no way shape or form has he acted like one.

Edited by nutbean

The headline is wrong for a start

Demons star Brent Moloney caught urinating on bar in St Kilda - report

I'd hardly consider Moloney a star. I guess relative to the rest of the playing group he may be.

I reckon if he had played shouse yesterday the D'lers would have a different take on this.

He must be dropped from the leadership group and either fined or given a week off.

Urinating on a shop window is bad enough; against a bar is nothing less than disgusting. Mind you, at 59 years of age maybe I just don't get it.