This could be the nail in Bailey's coffin

fired up

I think we'll celebrate every win, especially the come from behind ones. Even if we started terribly, and some didn't turn up at all.

The remainder won us the game. That shows some strength, and the selectors who Must Go!

If only that was so... Can't see Green and Davey being dropped next week...

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Malthouse and Roos are a pipe dream. Bailey is probably on one tenth of their asking price. In fact if Matthew Knights' salary/payout was anything to go by it's probably 1/20th.

IF Bails got the boot (and call me after next week to see if I'm jumping on that bandwagon) I can't see Stynes/Schwab/Connolly being able to resist Todd Viney. Might not be a bad move, we haven't had a coach from 'within' for 30 years.

What about Alistair Clarkson? The only successful coach around who was one of ours for a while at least.

Confide to us, can't be all that bad. We are caring and sharing here.

Ha! No.

You're the type that, rather than taking the time to make a thoughtful considered judgment, would use it to figuratively bash Bailey and myself over the head with, ad infinitum.

And there are too many of your type floating around on demonland.

Some of my questions & concerns I shall keep to myself; voicing them would be counterproductive.

1 quarter equates to 2..?

But then we lost the final quarter too...

In any case, it's irrelevant.

Unfortunately coaching ability isn't something so easily measured.

I'm just making a point, that coaches inevitably find over the course of a match they need to make tactical adjustments because things aren't working.

There have been a lot of assertions lately that Bailey is incapable of making these adjustments.

Today's game would indicate otherwise.

Don't disagree with you, he did seem to do a good job (at least from an external pov) today, but out of curiosity what changes did he make? Most obvious to me was Green heading up the ground (where he managed to be pretty much stationary) closely followed by about another 15 blokes! I was sitting on the other side of the ground from the qtr time huddles but maybe Bails put some onus on guys like Moloney, Jones, and Sylvia to lift and they obliged, was anyone within ear shot?

Malthouse and Roos are a pipe dream. Bailey is probably on one tenth of their asking price. In fact if Matthew Knights' salary/payout was anything to go by it's probably 1/20th.

IF Bails got the boot (and call me after next week to see if I'm jumping on that bandwagon) I can't see Stynes/Schwab/Connolly being able to resist Todd Viney. Might not be a bad move, we haven't had a coach from 'within' for 30 years.

I don't expect Todd Viney will become senior coach but I think we're going to need a new one if we are to win a Premiership. Imagine if we imploded and gave the job to Connolly! Watching today made me realise just how much good work needs to be done to get this group over the line. Time to get Debt Demolition up and running again.

Bailey was pretty animated after the game. I think the word came from the top to start showing something. The club has moved to a new level and deadpanning to the press about development and so forth won't cut it. It worked for him. I rate the guy. He's intelligent and super competitive. He can also string a sentence together, unlike Malthouse.

It wasn't from the top to DB, it was to the top from DB.

It's been mentioned in the press - and elsewhere - multiple times that DB told the Club it was time to start putting footy matters front and centre.

Melbourne were pathetic today. I felt sick in the guts as people sang the song and looked happy around me.

My 3yr olds first game today and thankfully he knows know better so sang with gusto.

Rapt for him.

Sadly agree with you 100%. Too many are seemingly hesitant and unsure of both a direction and too often a desire to go much harder.

Our turn overs and poor kicking seem to be more a fear of being hit than a fear of looking poorly skilled with the football.

Guest Thomo

Slugged it out today against the second worst team in the competition. Dragged over the line by some old fashioned get it forward wet weather football by Moloney, Jamar and Jones. Hardly a glowing endorsement for Dean Bailey and his game plan.

Some of you posters make me laugh.

Many of you don't seem to understand that Jimmy's spray last week, was meant for everyone below him.

In the corporate world, this is a CEO/President's job.

Bailey understood that and his animation after today's 'get out of jail' win, was a reflection of that.

Some of the players, also seemed to get the message.

Dropping Jones and Jack to the bench, worked for Jones, but didn't have the same effect on Master Watts.

Perhaps, a couple of weeks at Casey, might make him understand, until he is ready to be called "Mr" and not "Master", he will have to play elsewhere.

But, the people who I think heard the wake up call, more than most were our indigenous group - even our Vice Captain.

There is a post, suggesting the 'revival" was sparked by others, but watching on TV, it seemed, whilst others certainly pulled their fingers out, it was LJ and Aussie (in particular) who did those things which matter - score goals...especially, ones which inspire.

That they were a bit quiet, again in the last quarter - where we managed to hold on, but not go for the throat, as we should have, and could have, is largely because, they were spent by then. But, thankfully, our defense was able to regain some of that mojo, which had been missing and they were able to stem the tide.

Today was a true indication of where we are at. And this is, we still have a long way to go. But, we showed, we do want it.

I would doubt, Jimmy will need to say much about today.

Good bosses, don't.

He made his point.

it's now for others (below him)to make it happen.

Go Dees!

Agree with a bit in this thread, but think the doom and gloom after a win is a bit too much. Might I remind some of you that it was pissing down with rain for half the game, and that tended to relate to the bad errors. Ease up FCS. Enjoy what we all started following footy for. The feeling after a win. It wasn't our best performance ever, but guess what, that will happen. Deal with it and have some positivity after a win.

Finally...a bit of Mongrel !!!! well overdue.

Finally some players awoken from their comotose lethagy

Finally...berated for not performing

Finally...stop 'developing' and start demanding they play 4/4

Theyve been kid-gloved far too long....gloves are off

Now...Back it up !!

His zone isn't that strong, as you could tell in the first quarter. You just wanted to see man on man footy. Also another problem, The Dees are letting their opponents run and lead out on the wings resulting the same all the way down the field and resulting in a shot on goal

Ha! No.

You're the type that, rather than taking the time to make a thoughtful considered judgment, would use it to figuratively bash Bailey and myself over the head with, ad infinitum.

And there are too many of your type floating around on demonland.

Some of my questions & concerns I shall keep to myself; voicing them would be counterproductive.

hahaha LOL

Come on E, with 6,600 odd posts in just 3.5 years you are hardly the type to keep things to yourself

So, what you are prepared to discuss online is just spin and not your real thoughts?

hahaha LOL

Come on E, with 6,600 odd posts in just 3.5 years you are hardly the type to keep things to yourself

So, what you are prepared to discuss online is just spin and not your real thoughts?

Covered it in three lines DC.

Carn The dees

hahaha LOL

The truth exposed.

hahaha LOL

Not at all.

It just raised some questions, but I don't yet have answers to them.

Little things that interest me.

Maybe I'm learning to be more guarded because of poisonous posters that like to misinterpret things for their own twisted agendas?

Once I come to a conclusion, I'll happily share, if there is anything to share...

The truth exposed.

Ha! You wish.

Any excuse to stick your boot into someone, but only when you can't manage to find a way to do it to the club...

I probably won't.

We could let Bailey go and sign Malthouse as coach, and I would keep it.

It's not chicken shiiit.

I just have some inner queries that others may not even think important.

They're barely even cause for cause for concern, not even a sign of a warning sign... at this stage.

I'm just trying to read the play.

I'll watch these aspects and if they happen to grow legs, I'll let you know in due course.

No amount of your prodding will make me yield.

I probably won't.

We could let Bailey go and sign Malthouse as coach, and I would keep it.

It's not chicken shiiit.

I just have some inner queries that others may not even think important.

They're barely even cause for cause for concern, not even a sign of a warning sign... at this stage.

I'm just trying to read the play.

I'll watch these aspects and if they happen to grow legs, I'll let you know in due course.

No amount of your prodding will make me yield.

Well lets just all hold tight to our seats. Looks like it could be a long season for plotting and intrigue. I wonder if the club has Paul Roos's phone number?