MFC Training (Wednesday)

Bhima

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Thomo

Fantastic read Bhima. You've only got 30-odd posts but they've all been quality. Much appreciated.

And Blease definitely rates himself.

Rates himself in a good way or bad way?

That was alot of quality work there Bhima, many thanks for the effort that would have taken.

Gotta say, if all that about Beamer is true then I'll be stepping back from my support of him as captain. The barking, physicality, and making players earn respect is fair enough and probably what you want as part of your culture, but the spitting etc is going way too far in my opinion. Pretty disappointing, but would love that in a vice captain kept on a leash by a respected more level head in Brad Green. Aggression has it's place but not at the cost of control.

Football players spit all the time for various reasons such as build up of saliva. I wouldnt be accusing Moloney of spitting at this kid when we dont know exactly what happened.

I appreciate these traning reports but some of the statements are quite "matter of fact" given they are merely observations made from many metres away. I wouldnt be getting too concerned about the cook incident either, sound slike exhaustion or heavy knock.

Edited by stranga

Spitting at (in the direction of) a new kid is just wrong.

Green.

Davey.

Look, I agree with the ranking you have. Although, Davey I think is catching up to Green (they both have their leadership qualities).

But Beamer is a player that this club doesn't usually embrace. And I don't mind his passion.

It's white line fever and that spark will win us a few games in the next few years, especially if it rubs off on some of the more timid players.

Football players spit all the time for various reasons such as build up of saliva. I wouldnt be accusing Moloney of spitting at this kid when we dont know exactly what happened.

I appreciate these traning reports but some of the statements are quite "matter of fact" given they are merely observations made from many metres away. I wouldnt be getting too concerned about the cook incident either, sound slike exhaustion or heavy knock.

Bhima was 10 metres away, which is nothing. Considering his posting history, the effort he puts into the reports, I'll take his word for it.

The kid tried to apologise ffs, directing a build up of saliva at him is not what a captain should do. And there was an aggressive feel to training but Beamer got rattled by a kid? Please, he should've been proud of the little tacker.

I love Moloney, but this report is not a pretty one whichever way you spin it.

Look, I agree with the ranking you have. Although, Davey I think is catching up to Green (they both have their leadership qualities).

But Beamer is a player that this club doesn't usually embrace. And I don't mind his passion.

It's white line fever and that spark will win us a few games in the next few years, especially if it rubs off on some of the more timid players.

Yeah, but seriously mate, watch him in an interview.

He struggles. It's not something he'll get better at cos he is just not good at speaking to people.

I tend to agree.

I wouldn't worry too much, the new blokes have to learn who's boss.

I tend to agree.

I wouldn't worry too much, the new blokes have to learn who's boss.

But considering the captaincy's to be given to Green or Davey...

In Beamers defense, it did sound like he copped a fair whack to the head, so I can understand the frustration.

However spitting in the direction of a team-mate, if true, is disgusting. You sometimes see/hear of players having a bit of push and shove on the track, but to spit in the direction of Davis is extremely disrespectful.

Bhima was 10 metres away, which is nothing. Considering his posting history, the effort he puts into the reports, I'll take his word for it.

The kid tried to apologise ffs, directing a build up of saliva at him is not what a captain should do. And there was an aggressive feel to training but Beamer got rattled by a kid? Please, he should've been proud of the little tacker.

I love Moloney, but this report is not a pretty one whichever way you spin it.

Waa waa, directing a build up of saliva.

Before everyone overreacts can you just look at the facts. He was beaten by a younger kid who's never played a game, id be [censored] off too.

Although if you feel like we should keep going on this small fact, someone should get on AM radio about it.

Put some concrete in your coffee guys, harden up

Edited by Deelirium

I think it's super important that people don't get carried away as it is impossible to be certain if Moloney spat at Davis. I was very close by and Davis moved forward to say sorry and Beamer ignored him, and as he starting running off he turned his head and spat over his shoulder, which happened to be in the direction of Davis. I will say that Moloney did appear to spit in disgust/anger, and it was certainly a bit like a dog pissing to establish his territory. Davis looks like he isn't too precious and has probably forgotten it. To an impartial observer the whole scene reflected poorly on Beamer, however it was a short moment and I'm sure everyone has moved on.

Edited by Bhima

I think it's super important that people don't get carried away as it is impossible to be certain if Moloney spat at Davis. I was very close by and Davis moved forward to say sorry and Beamer ignored him, and as he starting running off he turned his head and spat over his shoulder, which happened to be in the direction of Davis. I will say that Moloney did appear to spit in disgust/anger, and it was certainly a bit like a dog pissing to establish his territory. Davis looks like he isn't too precious and has probably forgotten it. To an impartial observer the whole scene reflected poorly on Beamer, however it was a short moment and I'm sure everyone has moved on.

This sounds like a different version of events to what you described earlier. On this basis it does sound more like a far lesser incident

I like Moloney's passion for the club, and apparently his boxing camp is a really amazing initiative. However, I will be very disappointed if he were to be captain for the simple reason that he is NOT good enough a player to be captain of our club, as we move into the top 8, then top 4, and eventually aim for premierships.

Moloney plays an average game at least once every 3-4 weeks. He is easily tagged, and easily frustrated. Don't get me wrong, he's a valuable member of the top 18, but is not captaincy quality imo. And I'm also not saying you have to be a superstar to be a captain, but you do have to be very consistent if you're not a superstar (think Maxwell, Watson etc)

I also agree with those who say he doesn't present well to the media, appears barely articular at times. But for me, that is only a sub-reason why I prefer Brad Green to be next captain of Melbourne.

I'm wondering if the senior players were perhaps instructed to give the new guys a hard time? Something like what they do to new recruits in the army to break them down and make them easier to train perhaps? From this report it sounds like the new guys really got hammered both physically and psychologically today, and I can't imagine that that would have happened randomly in a well-run club. If senior players were doing that to the juniors off their own bat it would be more along the lines of bullying and we'd probably be seeing a pretty big push to eradicate it. From what we've heard at least two young guys copped pretty impressive sprays while another was (probably) hit hard enough to end his training session. Hope the coaches know what they're doing.

I'm wondering if the senior players were perhaps instructed to give the new guys a hard time? Something like what they do to new recruits in the army to break them down and make them easier to train perhaps? From this report it sounds like the new guys really got hammered both physically and psychologically today, and I can't imagine that that would have happened randomly in a well-run club. If senior players were doing that to the juniors off their own bat it would be more along the lines of bullying and we'd probably be seeing a pretty big push to eradicate it. From what we've heard at least two young guys copped pretty impressive sprays while another was (probably) hit hard enough to end his training session. Hope the coaches know what they're doing.

think we all might be reading too much into the casual observations of one person.. but it is the off season and we are starving

Great report.

Whether or not Beamer did what was reported I don't think that leaders should be critical of others and attempting to make them feel down. Leadership is the opposite - praise and support. (Been on too many lovey dovey courses)

The footy field isnt your normal job. Putting the fresh eggs in their place maintains a heirarchy of respect and is part of the macho bonding that is unique to team sports. Without it, players like Mitch Thorp may arrive and think that their draft selection and not their games total speak for itself.

I also remember reading an article that when Jordan Lewis arrived he was aggressively barked at by Richie Vandenberg which was designed to separate the boys from the men and that Jordan today inflicts the same treatment on all newcomers.

think we all might be reading too much into the casual observations of one person.. but it is the off season and we are starving

Agreed. With the cricket the way it is, there's just not that much of interest in the sporting world to distract me from the fact that it's still months 'til we get to see the team play.

Agreed. With the cricket the way it is, there's just not that much of interest in the sporting world to distract me from the fact that it's still months 'til we get to see the team play.

5-6 weeks we'll be at Casey getting some form of footy fix. Hold tight.