Ultimate Footy

JACKATTACK

Intersting to see who wins hitouts, leuenberger (31.6) up against the suns, Cox (30.1) v dees.

Add in your vickery (7.1), and my Kepler (3.5), Petrie (4.6) and Cross (1.8).

I have me ahead 40.5 to you 37.2 on the averages of these players.

I'd have my money on Leuenberger -I don't think Cox will even strip this week & I HOPE Nic Nac doesn't either. The Dees could even win this one..

Edited by jayceebee31

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have my money on Leuenberger -I don't think Cox will even strip this week & I HOPE Nic Nac doesn't either. The Dees could even win this one..

Cox will play.

Besides, he's a Brownlow chance. He isn't showing any sign of fatigue.

I can't see the Dees winning either. There is too much riding on the top 4 for them. Carlton still have a bye, they need to win.

Well done Jayceebee, a comfortable win but would have been a hell of a lot closer had a I opted for A. Krakouer over S.Hill. Poor selection error.

Still, despite some shaky form over the past month I have fallen into 4th and secured a double chance.

Re-match this week JCB with a new look side, we'll be out to avenge. Look out!

Congrats to all who made the top 8, especially come-from-nowhere Jako13. Could be the Cinderella story of 2011.

Finalists should be breathing a sigh of relief that OMR couldn't quite storm home quick enough. Had a side that could've gone all the way from 8th.

Thanks to everyone who put time and effort in to the league, been highly enjoyable and worth another go in 2012.

Bring on finals footy!

BRING IT ON..

With finals just around the corner, the bookies have released their premiership odds.

$2.50fav Range Rover - Despite two consecutive losses (has the range rover got bogged at Mt Buller?) RR looks to have a settled side and is nearly assured of a double change. With only 1 match against a top 6 side in the run home it looks as though the minor premiership is Range Rovers to lose.

$4 Jack Attack - Boasting the second highest percentage and a veteran of the game, Jack Attack is peaking at the right end of the season. During Brisbanes by week he will be short a ruckman where I expect he will go down to Dappa Dan. Other than that, he has 26 moves up his sleeve so anything could happen from here.

$7 Dappa Dan - Dappa's BIG trump card, Aaron Sandilands could be the difference between a premiership and 6-8 placed finish. Dappa was on fire early but his form has been up and down recently. Some gutsy trading may be required to cover or replace Sandilands.

$7 High Tower - The recent addition of Walker and Cotching to High Tower's side could prove to be the most successful trade of the season. Barring an injury to Stefan Martin or Sam Jacobs, HT looks to have the ruck division won each week. Smart trading has imporved High Tower's side and is my smokey for the flag.

$9 Robbo24 - With 13 players out and 2 short on the field last week, Robbo24 was lucky to get through unscathed. Aggressive trading has proven both beneficial and detrimental to the teams make up at times, however wins just keep coming. A tough run home could see Robbo24 finish in the bottom half the 8, but if he is top 4 at finals time look out!

$11 Snomed - After a strong start, Snomed look to have tapered off in recent weeks. Boasting one of the strongest midfields has helped get them to where they are however their forwards and defense lack substance. Parting with a midfielder to cover these deficiencies is a must, or I feel their season is OVER.

$15 Demon Land7 - A very underrated unit. Riewoldt aside, this side doesn't boast the big names but they are getting the job done. Shiels, Rockliff, Priddis, Cloke are all Ultimate footy Guns. You can't underestimate DL7!

$21 Jayceebee - Mr consistent with only 3 losses. Has a strong core but is really lacking depth. Cornes and Stanton haven't been permanent fixtures in their sides this year and with sides blooding youth at the end of the season I can see Jayceebee dropping off, fast.

$61 45HG16 - No ruckman = no chance.

$61 Jako13 - Where art thou?

Update please Robbo- before the start of the finals--surely I've drifted from 21/1 because of the age of my players etc..you are a great judge !You had me missing the 8..Ha ha.

Edited by jayceebee31

Just arrived back from the States today to go to Foundation Hero dinner..

My odds are:

Dappa Dan--7/4 fav-especially if Sandilands stands up

JCB31---- 3/1

JA--- 5/1

Robbo-11/2

HT--- 7/1

D/L7-- 8/1

R.R--- 12/1

JACKO 13- 25/1

I feel anyone can win this- it will depend on a little luck and injuries.The winner of HT & D/L7 will be a big shortener after this week.Sorry Range Rover but I think we have your measure..but will accept you can still stick it up me..

My odds are:

JCB31---- 3/1

JA--- 5/1

Robbo-11/2

HT--- 7/1

D/L7-- 8/1

R.R--- 12/1

JACKO 13- 25/1

I feel anyone can win this- it will depend on a little luck and injuries.The winner of HT & D/L7 will be a big shortener after this week.Sorry Range Rover but I think we have your measure..but will accept you can still stick it up me..

Its hard to argue with those odds. You're stiff not to be favourite considering you finished on top. The top four obviously have an advantage with a double chance but I feel DL7 could be a good shot from here, especially if Riewoldt fires.

Its hard to argue with those odds. You're stiff not to be favourite considering you finished on top. The top four obviously have an advantage with a double chance but I feel DL7 could be a good shot from here, especially if Riewoldt fires.

I thought the same. Riewoldt and Cloke. Until I saw the fixture of St.Kilda v Collingwood on Friday night.

25 to 1....

Can I put a pineapple on me, no make that 2 pineapples $100. I like those odds. Only 4 wins from here.

There's a small sling for my jockey, sorry opponents too... JA you need some? ;-)

25 to 1....

Can I put a pineapple on me, no make that 2 pineapples $100. I like those odds. Only 4 wins from here.

There's a small sling for my jockey, sorry opponents too... JA you need some? ;-)

Very poor performance by both S/bottom & Polo- you now can also have acoconut on them as well. BLOWN OUT TO 30 TO 1

Edited by jayceebee31

My odds are:

JCB31---- 3/1

JA--- 5/1

Robbo-11/2

HT--- 7/1

D/L7-- 8/1

R.R--- 12/1

JACKO 13- 25/1

12-1 !

I've posted that up on the walls of our change rooms this week JCB B)

JCB I'd say you're favourite. Ottens AND Jolly. That'll trump my Sandi, who's not going to be setting the world on fire.

And Robbo... how are you NOT winning?!!! Buddy kicked 8 STRAIGHT! When has he done that all year? And no frees against?!

Sadly I know your pain. In Jackattacks and my other league we have with mates, I'm playing him in the same game, I have Buddy and I'm losing 5-4...

Aaaaah Ultimate Footy.

Sucks HT, really thought you had my measure come Saturday night but few things went my way.

Got my eyes on you JCB. Better be quivering ;)

Geez pretty close, hey. Thought Jacobs may have help surpass your hit outs total. One short ! Had Van Berlo kicked another point or Jacobs a goal.... close one that's for sure, even the marks were close. You're in good form for the remainder anyway.

Too good.

All the best for the next few weeks.

Great game and definitely interested to do it all again next year.

Geez pretty close, hey. Thought Jacobs may have help surpass your hit outs total. One short ! Had Van Berlo kicked another point or Jacobs a goal.... close one that's for sure, even the marks were close. You're in good form for the remainder anyway.

Too good.

All the best for the next few weeks.

Great game and definitely interested to do it all again next year.

Yeah couldn't believe how much you got di**ed by Jacobs. Thought the matched summed up how close we were all year just lucky for me this week decided to fall my way! Thanks again though and completely agree next year will be even better!

Good opening week.

Jackattack advances by 2 handballs over Jako, after what must have been a nervous wait watching Dangerfield and Ling in the last game. Thanks his lucky stars he didn't have to apologise for earlier trash talk.

Solid 5-4 win for JCB to get the week off. Huge scores in that game, everyone but Johnson kicking a goal for JCB.

Demonland7 goes forward after a 1 hitout + 2 mark win over the unlucky HT.

Dappadan reigns supreme over Robbo, who despite having Buddy kick 8 zip on day one on the way to breaking the league record for accuracy in a single game: .889, goes down and has to play week 2. Unlucky, as had West or Gawn played stats might have looked very different.

And in the other one (is that what were gonna call it?):

OMR with 4 handballs over 45HG... Unlucky not to win more categories though.

Half of Snomed's side didn't play and as such got smashed by rpfc.

Deevoted done by Scarlett and looking a monty for pick #1 next year.

And Eth38 in an epic over mad melbourne despite kicking 4 goals to 14.

Edited by Dappa Dan

So week 2 of finals is thus:

Range Rover takes on the impressive Jackattacks. Going by their scores this week it would have been a 5-4 win to JA. Both sides unaffected by the bye too...

Robbo24 couldn't have picked a worse time to lose Joel Corey to a bye, as he's coming up against a full strength demonland7. Had they played this last week it'd have been 6-3 to DL7...

7th and 8th, for the draft order for next year between Jako and HT. There's actually a fair bit of debate in the Dappa/Attacks household as to whether it's better to end up last for picks or first. Get pick one, and it's Sandi, and he does a Turf toe for most of the year you won't get another pick til 32. Whereas if you win the comp you're the first player to get 2 picks inside the first 17. I reckon somewhere inbetween is pretty good.

I'm picking at this stage Both Robbo and RR to crash in burn 2 weeks running... and JA to come up against big bro dappa (Mum'll be proud) and DL7 to take on the impossible-to-dislodge JCB... and JCB to lose to Dappa in the final, of course. :D

Edited by Dappa Dan

So week 2 of finals is thus:

Range Rover takes on the impressive Jackattacks. Going by their scores this week it would have been a 5-4 win to JA. Both sides unaffected by the bye too...

Robbo24 couldn't have picked a worse time to lose Joel Corey to a bye, as he's coming up against a full strength demonland7. Had they played this last week it'd have been 6-3 to DL7...

7th and 8th, for the draft order for next year between Jako and HT. There's actually a fair bit of debate in the Dappa/Attacks household as to whether it's better to end up last for picks or first. Get pick one, and it's Sandi, and he does a Turf toe for most of the year you won't get another pick til 32. Whereas if you win the comp you're the first player to get 2 picks inside the first 17. I reckon somewhere inbetween is pretty good.

I'm picking at this stage Both Robbo and RR to crash in burn 2 weeks running... and JA to come up against big bro dappa (Mum'll be proud) and DL7 to take on the impossible-to-dislodge JCB... and JCB to lose to Dappa in the final, of course. :D

No-one wants to hear from you dappa.

In case anyone was wondering; drawn finals result in the team higher on the ladder progressing. Even if one of the teams wins handballs by 3 on the back of a player who averages 7 handballs for the season then collect 24 in the game!!! Or when the drawn category is frees against and said team has Buddy playing, who plays the only game where he doesn't give away a single free.

3 kicks.... 2 handballs....... FFFFFFAAAAARRRRKKKK!!!

Play off for 7th now. Version 2 of the kreuzer cup. No bragging rights here - just whether we get pick 9 or pick 10 in the draft...... Disappointing finish. Good thing I'm a true Melbourne person - up at the snow while the club is in disarray. Great weekend to be at falls creek

3 kicks.... 2 handballs....... FFFFFFAAAAARRRRKKKK!!!

I know how you feel. 1 Hit Out, 2 Marks, 1 Behind or 1 Goal. Or I play Hille instead of Jetta as the utility...that's ultimate footy I guess.

There's much to play for 7th you know....:)

No-one wants to hear from you dappa.

In case anyone was wondering; drawn finals result in the team higher on the ladder progressing. Even if one of the teams wins handballs by 3 on the back of a player who averages 7 handballs for the season then collect 24 in the game!!! Or when the drawn category is frees against and said team has Buddy playing, who plays the only game where he doesn't give away a single free.

I'm just a humble identifier of talent JA. Call me Bart. I pick a list that will be firing come finals time...

I know how you feel. 1 Hit Out, 2 Marks, 1 Behind or 1 Goal. Or I play Hille instead of Jetta as the utility...that's ultimate footy I guess.

There's much to play for 7th you know....:)

Gee your effort really disappointed me- I thought I would be playing you or DL/7 in the prem/final. You have gone back to a lower deck with an attitude -- There's much to play for 7th you know....:)

I'm just a humble identifier of talent JA. Call me Bart. I pick a list that will be firing come finals time...

Brotherly luv hey???

Both may even play off in the PRELIM FINAL.

DD - you may call yourself Bart but I'd call you Anthony- got alot to learn as yet..

Edited by jayceebee31

Good opening week.

Jackattack advances by 2 handballs over Jako, after what must have been a nervous wait watching Dangerfield and Ling in the last game. Thanks his lucky stars he didn't have to apologise for earlier trash talk.

Solid 5-4 win for JCB to get the week off. Huge scores in that game, everyone but Johnson kicking a goal for JCB.

Demonland7 goes forward after a 1 hitout + 2 mark win over the unlucky HT.

Dappadan reigns supreme over Robbo, who despite having Buddy kick 8 zip on day one on the way to breaking the league record for accuracy in a single game: .889, goes down and has to play week 2. Unlucky, as had West or Gawn played stats might have looked very different.

And in the other one (is that what were gonna call it?):

OMR with 4 handballs over 45HG... Unlucky not to win more categories though.

Half of Snomed's side didn't play and as such got smashed by rpfc.

Deevoted done by Scarlett and looking a monty for pick #1 next year.

And Eth38 in an epic over mad melbourne despite kicking 4 goals to 14.

OK - I have finally gotten over the pain of missing the top 8 by a bee's D-ick.

Congratulations to all the weekend winners.

Very handy work by Dappa Dan & JBC enjoy your week off boys, you have earn't it.

Good Luck to Jack Attack, Demonland7, Range Rover & Robbo 24 this weekend

Thanks Dappa Dan for acknowledging the Consolation Finals.

It's not quite the same but good to still feel a slight part of the comp.

So is it official 2012 Pre - Season Draft will be in 2011 Ladder finishing order?

Edited by Old Man Rivers

OK - I have finally gotten over the pain of missing the top 8 by a bee's D-ick.

Congratulations to all the weekend winners.

Very handy work by Dappa Dan & JBC enjoy your week off boys, you have earn't it.

Good Luck to Jack Attack, Demonland7, Range Rover & Robbo 24 this weekend

Thanks Dappa Dan for acknowledging the Consolation Finals.

It's not quite the same but good to still feel a slight part of the comp.

So is it official 2012 Pre - Season Draft will be in 2011 Ladder finishing order?

In reverse, but any deliberate tanking teams will get relegated.