Ultimate Footy

JACKATTACK

Fantastic, thanks mate. A non Monday would be great for me as I teach, but up to you and others really.

i'll make it saturday, we're near full now so i dont't see any reason to wait too long.

Draft is from 12:00pm saturday.

i know some will not be able to make it then but i urge all to try and check in regularly to keep it moving.

Edited by JACKATTACK

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Draft will run over a few days probably, and if people think a weekend would be better i am happy to change it to say saturday from 9:00am? Also it isn't absolutely crucial that you are available for the draft all the time, the auto picks are clever, or you can pre-rank your players and have your preferred selection picked in your absence. I may also drop the 2hour default time to 1 hour or 30 minutes so we can get through it a bit quicker. I haven't actually done the draft in this way before so it might take 1 day, it might take 3 weeks.

Just on the draft order i will make it random and that will be put up once we fill up the 16 spots. To clarify; the draft order for the second round is in reverse order from the first round, and the third back to the order of the first. So there is little advantage in having pick 1 because your next pick is 32.

Great, I'm away Friday arvo to Sunday arvo...Monday was a better day.

Great, I'm away Friday arvo to Sunday arvo...Monday was a better day.

Bugger. I knew this wasn't going to be easy.

I suppose Sunday afternoon/evening is an option? Then I could have it run only out of business hours in the evenings? I would probably want to drop the time limit to 30 minutes so there would be less waiting.

Again, I'm never going to get everyone at once but it would be nice if the first round or 2 was drafted and not autoselected.

Bugger. I knew this wasn't going to be easy.

I suppose Sunday afternoon/evening is an option? Then I could have it run only out of business hours in the evenings? I would probably want to drop the time limit to 30 minutes so there would be less waiting.

Again, I'm never going to get everyone at once but it would be nice if the first round or 2 was drafted and not autoselected.

Anyday but SATURDAY works for me.

Sporting commitments all day unfortunately.

I just claimed the 16th and final spot under "Range Rover"

Thanks!

Demonland 1 now full.

If there are more interested someone will need to open another league and act as administrator. Outside of picking a draft time it's an easy job.

Bring on the draft!

CHA-Ting !!

$$ No1 Draft Pick heading my way $$ :mellow::blink:

Phones running hot. ... Not this time Skulls

The bribe line is now open :wub:

JA : How does the selection of players (draft) work ?

iOnce you have filled the team with midfileders

it only allows to select backs / forwards etc until the team is

completed?

ie I could end up with too many Mids and not enough defenders

Edited by Deevoted

Pressure signing, wouldn't want to get it wrong, if it goes bad you're next best player is at pick 32.

I;m on YouTube, scanning thru the Player Vids, :wacko:

"DemonTabBet" crunching the numbers

for likely No1 Draft Pick.

Edited by Deevoted

Okay sunday evening it is. Drafting will continue in the evenings until we're done. 30 minute time limit. 5:30-10:00pm

If you're not free then i'm sorry but you'll just have to be smart about how you pre-select your players.

Seems to be a confliction on the start of Draft Time displayed in the league.

-------------------------------------------------

League Notes

This league will conduct a Online Draft starting Sunday February 27 at 5:30 PM (AEDT).

The draft will operate between 5 PM and 10 PM (AEDT). Each team will have a maximum of 0 hours 30 minutes per pick.

---------------------------------------------------

Draft Starts @ 5.30pm

The next line

between 5 pm & 10pm

The way I read it we have 2 start times 5pm +5.30pm

Can you explain the different start times, thx

I'm happier to go with the 5pm start

but I'll go with the most popular tme

Edited by Deevoted

Seems to be a confliction on the start of Draft Time displayed in the league.

-------------------------------------------------

League Notes

This league will conduct a Online Draft starting Sunday February 27 at 5:30 PM (AEDT).

The draft will operate between 5 PM and 10 PM (AEDT). Each team will have a maximum of 0 hours 30 minutes per pick.

---------------------------------------------------

Draft Starts @ 5.30pm

The next line

between 5 pm & 10pm

The way I read it we have 2 start times 5pm +5.30pm

Can you explain the different start times, thx

I'm happier to go with the 5pm start

but I'll go with the most popular tme

Well picked up.

When changing the settings I need to set 2 times: the first is the start time and date of the draft (sunday 5:30) but when I went to set the ongoing time (days following sunday) it only gave me the option to do it on the hour (every day 5:00pm to 10:00pm).

SO, the draft will start @ 5:30pm on sunday and close for the day at 10:00pm, it will then re-open everyday after then @ 5:00pm and close again at 10:00pm. I suppose I could make them both 5:00pm, but I thought if people are out on sunday they probably won't get back until around this time at the earliest, and I would hate for people to miss out. That is probably just as true for the 2nd - 6th days of drafting but I figure that with a half hour time limit you only have to check in by 5:30 to be able to select you pick.

Given the likelyhood that at least 4-5 people won't be able to check in regularly while the draft is running and that I set a 30 minute time limit, we should be able to get through about 2-3 rounds every night. Which means it will take about a week. At the very least we'll get through 10 selections every night if everyone takes 30 minutes to pick, that would take a month.

The slow draft option is new to UFooty this year (i think), so i'm not sure if in the times outside the official draft times there is drafting allowed (with no time limit), or if there is just no drafting whatsoever. I'm hoping it is the latter. I guess we'll find out this weekend.

The moral of the story is being a dictator is much simpler than running a democracy when it comes to fantasy sports.