• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

NFL

Dappa Dan

The 49ers smashing of Chicago puts green bay on top of the NFC north. It's getting very tight in the NFC. Chicago have the Vikings twice in three weeks with green bay in between. Could not have written a better script for the next three weeks.

I watched the Bears-49ers game live yesterday, that was as comprehensive a mauling as I've seen for some time.

The Chicago O-line were terrible, repeatedly the 'Smith brothers' were able to beat their opponent to get at Jason Campbell. Aldon Smith recorded 5.5 sacks for the game, a MNF record, and now has more sacks in the history of sacks being recorded ('82) than anyone else.

The battle of the backup QBs was thus a non-contest, but even still I was amazed at how strong and accurate Kaepernicks arm was and how comfortable and confident he looked right from the very first drive. Provides an interesting quandry now for the coaches, as Alex Smith has the 3rd best qb rating in the league, yet we looked reinvigorated with Kap at the helm last night.

The Bears have now played 4 teams with winning records and one won of them this year...

Of the other games, I can only go off highlights but at one stage I saw the Colts ahead against New England. Wow that turned around in a big way!

The other fascinating result was Tampa Bay looking dead and buried against Carolina, but finding a way to get up from 11 down deep in the last quarter, to not only get the FG, but then a TD and 2 point conversion with a minute or so left to get it to OT, where they were never going to lose. Doug Martin keeps putting up huge numbers, again over 100 yards rushing and providing the perfect decoy run in the tieing 2 pt play.

I watched the Bears-49ers game live yesterday, that was as comprehensive a mauling as I've seen for some time.

The Chicago O-line were terrible, repeatedly the 'Smith brothers' were able to beat their opponent to get at Jason Campbell. Aldon Smith recorded 5.5 sacks for the game, a MNF record, and now has more sacks in the history of sacks being recorded ('82) than anyone else.

The battle of the backup QBs was thus a non-contest, but even still I was amazed at how strong and accurate Kaepernicks arm was and how comfortable and confident he looked right from the very first drive. Provides an interesting quandry now for the coaches, as Alex Smith has the 3rd best qb rating in the league, yet we looked reinvigorated with Kap at the helm last night.

The Bears have now played 4 teams with winning records and one won of them this year...

Of the other games, I can only go off highlights but at one stage I saw the Colts ahead against New England. Wow that turned around in a big way!

The other fascinating result was Tampa Bay looking dead and buried against Carolina, but finding a way to get up from 11 down deep in the last quarter, to not only get the FG, but then a TD and 2 point conversion with a minute or so left to get it to OT, where they were never going to lose. Doug Martin keeps putting up huge numbers, again over 100 yards rushing and providing the perfect decoy run in the tieing 2 pt play.

49ers coach was a bit cautious on the subject of their two QB's after the game. He wouldn't say who would start next week. Surely he is just trying to fire smith up a bit.

Kaepernick is apparently going to start for us this week vs New Orleans. Smith is no longer injured, he's been dropped. Amazing move from Harbaugh, will be interesting to see whether Kaepernick keeps up the form he showed vs Chicago. I feel bad for Smith, he's had a tough go at the position in his career and if we can put it together and take a run at the title this year, I'd like to see him get reward. Having said that, I want us to win more than anything, so if Kaepernick is better, so be it.

In other news, I just saw Jim Schwartz give Houston a touchdown after trying to challenge a scoring play, which is illegal in the rules, meaning then that the NFL wouldn't review the decision of a touchdown as he'd acted illegally. A bit of a weird rule, but them's the rules, and if he'd not thrown the flag, they'd have overturned the touchdown.

Redskins over Cowboys too...Dallas is so unpredictable.

Kaepernick is apparently going to start for us this week vs New Orleans. Smith is no longer injured, he's been dropped. Amazing move from Harbaugh, will be interesting to see whether Kaepernick keeps up the form he showed vs Chicago. I feel bad for Smith, he's had a tough go at the position in his career and if we can put it together and take a run at the title this year, I'd like to see him get reward. Having said that, I want us to win more than anything, so if Kaepernick is better, so be it.

In other news, I just saw Jim Schwartz give Houston a touchdown after trying to challenge a scoring play, which is illegal in the rules, meaning then that the NFL wouldn't review the decision of a touchdown as he'd acted illegally. A bit of a weird rule, but them's the rules, and if he'd not thrown the flag, they'd have overturned the touchdown.

Redskins over Cowboys too...Dallas is so unpredictable.

Bit rough for smith I feel for him. New Orleans are on fire so benching smith is risky. The Cowboys are very predictable to me. Every year they win a couple get talked up or Jerry Jones talks them up and then they fall over in a heap. Watching the cowboys fail is a sport within a sport sometimes.

I didn't see the Jets Vs patriots game but I just read that they gave up 21 points in under 60 seconds. Wow.

If melbourne get thumped and I am at the game I will from now on walk out saying "It could be worse. I could be a Jets fan".

Edited by cowboy_from_hell

I didn't see the Jets Vs patriots game but I just read that they gave up 21 points in under 60 seconds. Wow.

If melbourne get thumped and I am at the game I will from now on walk out saying "It could be worse. I could be a Jets fan".

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000099428/Patriots-vs-Jets-highlights

Three TDs in 53 seconds. The Jets actually look like a rabble.

http://www.nfl.com/v...Jets-highlights

Three TDs in 53 seconds. The Jets actually look like a rabble.

I watched this game on replay last night, the Jets were laughably bad on secondary and special teams, that 53 seconds was insane.

How about Mark Sanchez rushing into the back of his own offensive linesman? haha! One of the funniest turnovers Ive seen in ages.

And of course the touchdown turnover to boot. Pity for the suffering Jets fans that Teeeeebowww apparently has injured ribs right now

or you'd think theyd be giving him a shot given their season is virtually over. The Pats are, yet again, flying. Will be tough to beat in the

AFC given their playoff pedigree.

Anyone else watch the Skins-Cowboys game? First time Ive watched a full game of RG3, man he has some talents! His arm and eye makes

his receivers look 40% better players than they were last year. Have to say though the catch and YAC for a TD by Pierre Garcon was the play

of the week so far for mine, what a catch!

Finally the last game I watched, I thought was going to end in another OT tie! So many turnovers of posession in OT, missed field goals but

eventually the league leading Texans sneak the win over the Lions. Arian Foster is hands down the best running back in the game today for mine.

That TD given to Houston was just plain stupid . In such an analysed game with everything being dissected to the 'Nth' degree it's hard to believe that a flag thrown by a coach can change the result of a TD ruling .

Of course, they'll change the rule sooner or later but it's still baffling . Imagine if that was the last play of a Super Bowl ? There would be rioting in the streets !

The Pats go marching on and the Jets are a complete circus . Dallas fall miles behind again and then play catch-up . RG3 is great to watch isn't he ? - huge future . The Redskins are 1 game back from the Giants . Could they win the division ? Their next game is against the Giants (MNF Dec 3) . A season definer !

I'll post the TV games for Monday and Tuesday later on ...

I watched this game on replay last night, the Jets were laughably bad on secondary and special teams, that 53 seconds was insane.

How about Mark Sanchez rushing into the back of his own offensive linesman? haha! One of the funniest turnovers Ive seen in ages.

And of course the touchdown turnover to boot. Pity for the suffering Jets fans that Teeeeebowww apparently has injured ribs right now

or you'd think theyd be giving him a shot given their season is virtually over. The Pats are, yet again, flying. Will be tough to beat in the

AFC given their playoff pedigree.

Sanchez running into his teammate was hilarious, it was like he had his eyes closed!

The AFC is so weak, the Pats should at least make the Championship game. Ravens and Texans are the other threats but I don't know how I feel about the Texans right now, they've struggled to put away Detroit and Jacksonville the last two weeks.

That TD given to Houston was just plain stupid . In such an analysed game with everything being dissected to the 'Nth' degree it's hard to believe that a flag thrown by a coach can change the result of a TD ruling .

Of course, they'll change the rule sooner or later but it's still baffling . Imagine if that was the last play of a Super Bowl ? There would be rioting in the streets !

Yeh that rule is weird. I mean, I understand the general rule that you can't benefit from illegal conduct, but I'm not sure why throwing a flag after a TD is 'illegal'. I mean, in the heat of the moment, you want to get something checked, so you throw the flag. I don't see how that leads to a situation where you've waived your right to a challenge: you wanted it, it was going to come anyway, but now they're taking it away. Doesn't really make sense.

Sanchez running into his teammate was hilarious, it was like he had his eyes closed!

The AFC is so weak, the Pats should at least make the Championship game. Ravens and Texans are the other threats but I don't know how I feel about the Texans right now, they've struggled to put away Detroit and Jacksonville the last two weeks.

Yeh that rule is weird. I mean, I understand the general rule that you can't benefit from illegal conduct, but I'm not sure why throwing a flag after a TD is 'illegal'. I mean, in the heat of the moment, you want to get something checked, so you throw the flag. I don't see how that leads to a situation where you've waived your right to a challenge: you wanted it, it was going to come anyway, but now they're taking it away. Doesn't really make sense.

You're right . Before the new rule where they now check every scoring play, coaches had to throw a flag in order to challenge the initial ruling . Old habits die hard of course and the League should have taken that into account .

It seems the NFL commission cop it much like the AFL cop it here . A bit too much officiousness seems to be the common denominator !

Anyway , here's the TV games for Monday and Tuesday ... some absolutely vital games for quite a few teams ... you can click on any team for further news, information and schedule's ...

MON, NOV 26

5.00 AM Minnesota (6-4) at Chicago (7-3) Fox3

5.00 AM Seattle (6-4) at Miami (4-6) OneHD

8.05 AM St. Louis (3-6-1) at Arizona (4-6) Fox3

8.25 AM San Francisco (7-2-1) at New Orleans (5-5) OneHD

12.20 PM Green Bay (7-3) at NY Giants (6-4) OneHD & ESPN

TUE, NOV 27

12.30 PM Carolina (2-8) at Philadelphia (3-7) ESPN

For all the other games you can visit this site ... Week 12 games

Edited by Macca

Thanks for posting up the schedule every week too Macca, its appreciated!

I get a notification of the games via: http://ussportsdownunder.com/

but the formatting of it means its a challenge to read and easily identify which games I can watch.

Looks like a good triple header tomorrow morning, with three intriguing contests:

Minnesota v Chicago -crucial game as the Vikings are clinging onto that last spot, Bears need to get their confidence back.

San Fran v New Orleans - huge game, Saints have won 5 straight while Niners have a QB selection dilemna having hit top form again.

Green Bay v NY Giants - Massive game, GB back in top form while Giants have had a couple of lapses of late. This will be a beauty!

Tuesdays game looks decidedly on the nose however.

Thanks for posting up the schedule every week too Macca, its appreciated!

I get a notification of the games via: http://ussportsdownunder.com/

but the formatting of it means its a challenge to read and easily identify which games I can watch.

Looks like a good triple header tomorrow morning, with three intriguing contests:

Minnesota v Chicago -crucial game as the Vikings are clinging onto that last spot, Bears need to get their confidence back.

San Fran v New Orleans - huge game, Saints have won 5 straight while Niners have a QB selection dilemna having hit top form again.

Green Bay v NY Giants - Massive game, GB back in top form while Giants have had a couple of lapses of late. This will be a beauty!

Tuesdays game looks decidedly on the nose however.

Yeah no worries 'DD' , it's quite easy to do and it helps me as well - I quite often come back to this thread to check the games (there's always an ulterior motive!) . I know the post is a little colourful and a tad bright but I just have to add an element of 'Demon' in there !

I'm with you totally on the sequence of games to watch - 3 rip snorters ! We've had just about everyone on this thread covered with regards to the TV games in week 12 . Nine games in all .

And the Vikes are on again - 'cfh' will be well pleased . Even more so if Minnesota can knock off the Bears . Rivalry within the division can create the odd dilemma . I was hoping that Detroit beat Houston last Thursday just so they don't 'Give up' on their season ! The Lions play Chicago in week 17 .

The 49ers possible QB switch is really intriguing . What is Harbaugh up to ?

Yeah no worries 'DD' , it's quite easy to do and it helps me as well - I quite often come back to this thread to check the games (there's always an ulterior motive!) . I know the post is a little colourful and a tad bright but I just have to add an element of 'Demon' in there !

I'm with you totally on the sequence of games to watch - 3 rip snorters ! We've had just about everyone on this thread covered with regards to the TV games in week 12 . Nine games in all .

And the Vikes are on again - 'cfh' will be well pleased . Even more so if Minnesota can knock off the Bears . Rivalry within the division can create the odd dilemma . I was hoping that Detroit beat Houston last Thursday just so they don't 'Give up' on their season ! The Lions play Chicago in week 17 .

The 49ers possible QB switch is really intriguing . What is Harbaugh up to ?

Yeah Macca I'm happy the Vikes or on the box tommorow. Cutler will probably play and Percy Harvin has been ruled out so I guess the Vikies gameplan involves Peterson running and then more of Peterson running. The cheeseheads picked a good time to play the Giants they seem to have hit a funk lately. I wouldn't have a clue what Harbaugh is up to but if he plans on benching Smith I will ask Harbaugh if Minnesota can borrow him for the rest of the year.

Yeah Macca I'm happy the Vikes or on the box tommorow. Cutler will probably play and Percy Harvin has been ruled out so I guess the Vikies gameplan involves Peterson running and then more of Peterson running. The cheeseheads picked a good time to play the Giants they seem to have hit a funk lately. I wouldn't have a clue what Harbaugh is up to but if he plans on benching Smith I will ask Harbaugh if Minnesota can borrow him for the rest of the year.

That's the thing about this League ......... I'm neither confident nor pessimistic - it's so frustrating ! We kinda know how the 'Pack' are gonna go . When they hit form it basically means that Rodgers is dominating and the rest of the team are 'Doing their bit' . But with the Giants who the hell knows ? They're capable of anything and Eli is the same . Any sort of win will suffice . Happy to win with a late 'Safety'. It'll be a great atmosphere in New York .

Your game will be much the same . These divisional games are immense, especially when there's so much riding on the result . I think you can win it . Cutler seems the type who needs to play all the time - the week off with concussion could hinder him . Ponder was decent last week . That Lions defensive line can be a little intimidating ! A lot will depend on AP

It's a terrific line-up of games . The Saints have a real chance to keep their streak alive . I expect the 49ers to win but Brees may have a big say in this game . He's an absolute gun .

sigh. The vikings lose and never looked in the game at all. The bears Offensive and defensive lines help up pretty well today. Brandon Marshall is a freak. That bloke can catch any ball and Cutler went to him all day. The Vikings play calls were confusing today. Peterson drove the ball from one end to the other then they go for it on 4th and 2 in the red zone and we go for a touch down pass. It looked like the Vikes were just trying to get Ponder in the game. Peterson had 35 yards at the half and once they realised they can't score without him he had over 70 yards in the second half. Jerome Simpson dropped every pass that came his way. We need Percy Harvin real bad. Credit to the bears though. 5 blokes injured for them on the day and they get the win.

sigh. The vikings lose and never looked in the game at all. The bears Offensive and defensive lines help up pretty well today. Brandon Marshall is a freak. That bloke can catch any ball and Cutler went to him all day. The Vikings play calls were confusing today. Peterson drove the ball from one end to the other then they go for it on 4th and 2 in the red zone and we go for a touch down pass. It looked like the Vikes were just trying to get Ponder in the game. Peterson had 35 yards at the half and once they realised they can't score without him he had over 70 yards in the second half. Jerome Simpson dropped every pass that came his way. We need Percy Harvin real bad. Credit to the bears though. 5 blokes injured for them on the day and they get the win.

Yep, ditto for the Packers - never really in the game . Just a bad day at Black Rock (that's the movie, not the beachside suburb) . There wasn't any real pressure put on Eli and besides that, nothing else seemed to work . Just write it off and move forward . Those Giants stepped it up and they only needed a win like this for everyone to get the jitters . They're starting to annoy me (again)

Only solace is that Seattle and Tampa Bay lost . Keeps the wild-card spots attainable for both our sides . Another huge game next week at Lambeau hey 'cfh'. Pittsburgh are now looking a bit shaky - losing to the Browns . That could be costly .

The 49ers seemed to have the Saints covered from early in the 3rd quarter . Didn't get to see the whole game but Brees was sacked 5 times and the 'niners' got 2 picks for TD's .

Denver are now 8-3 and are a sneaky chance to get to the 2 seed . The Ravens sure now how to win close games - they've now won 5 games by 3 points or less

Here are the playoff standings after today .

Edited by Macca

HERE COME THE RAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol,

All I will say is Bradford needs to stop trying to force passes and pick the best option, we all know he has a good arm, but some he attempts are bloody stupid.

Steve Jackson is a star, I hope we get good for his sake and he gets to add to his play off game tally.

HERE COME THE RAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol,

All I will say is Bradford needs to stop trying to force passes and pick the best option, we all know he has a good arm, but some he attempts are bloody stupid.

Steve Jackson is a star, I hope we get good for his sake and he gets to add to his play off game tally.

Once he trusts all his receivers and develops that synergy like he has with Amendola and Givens this offence will be far more dangerous. Yeah was good to see the ground and pound back its best, unfortunately I don't think SJax will be at the rams next year, maybe a few more performances like this will change Les Snead's mind. Finally the defence forced some turnovers Janoris Jenkins' two pick 6's amongst the teams 4 in total was the difference.

Saw the niners game and Kaepernick further enhanced my belief that he is 49ers best playmaker and rightful QB. He throws the deep ball far better than Smith, has more velocity on his throws and can make plays with his feet. I'll still back my Rams against him next week as the Rams continue their undefeated record division

Yep, ditto for the Packers - never really in the game . Just a bad day at Black Rock (that's the movie, not the beachside suburb) . There wasn't any real pressure put on Eli and besides that, nothing else seemed to work . Just write it off and move forward . Those Giants stepped it up and they only needed a win like this for everyone to get the jitters . They're starting to annoy me (again)

Only solace is that Seattle and Tampa Bay lost . Keeps the wild-card spots attainable for both our sides . Another huge game next week at Lambeau hey 'cfh'. Pittsburgh are now looking a bit shaky - losing to the Browns . That could be costly .

The 49ers seemed to have the Saints covered from early in the 3rd quarter . Didn't get to see the whole game but Brees was sacked 5 times and the 'niners' got 2 picks for TD's .

Denver are now 8-3 and are a sneaky chance to get to the 2 seed . The Ravens sure now how to win close games - they've now won 5 games by 3 points or less

Here are the playoff standings after today .

The giants pass rushing made a big difference in the game. Rodgers didn't have much time and a clear pocket to throw in most of the time. I think Seattle are at Chicago and Tampa are at Denver next week. If they both lose and your packers win (which they should) then it gives you a clearer playoff picture.

The giants pass rushing made a big difference in the game. Rodgers didn't have much time and a clear pocket to throw in most of the time. I think Seattle are at Chicago and Tampa are at Denver next week. If they both lose and your packers win (which they should) then it gives you a clearer playoff picture.

I see the Packers are 9 point favourites . That's way too much . Should be more like 4.5 . Reckon they're overestimating Green Bay and underestimating the Vikes . I'm a shocking tipster (esp in the NFL) but I can't see there being much between the sides in the finish .

Foxtel have got the early game (5am Monday) listed as Detroit vs Green Bay but I've got a hunch it's meant to be our game . I reckon the Packers have been on the box every week bar one, (at the Colts) so I can't complain .

Edited by Macca

Once he trusts all his receivers and develops that synergy like he has with Amendola and Givens this offence will be far more dangerous. Yeah was good to see the ground and pound back its best, unfortunately I don't think SJax will be at the rams next year, maybe a few more performances like this will change Les Snead's mind. Finally the defence forced some turnovers Janoris Jenkins' two pick 6's amongst the teams 4 in total was the difference.

Saw the niners game and Kaepernick further enhanced my belief that he is 49ers best playmaker and rightful QB. He throws the deep ball far better than Smith, has more velocity on his throws and can make plays with his feet. I'll still back my Rams against him next week as the Rams continue their undefeated record division

I actually think oursecondary were good, but the defensive line was pretty poor, especially first half. I hope they can lift for the niners, but I think we will lose this one.

I reckon Jackson will stay a Ram.

This weeks games on the tele ...

FRI, NOV 30

12.20 PM New Orleans (5-6) at Atlanta (10-1) ESPN

MON, DEC 3

5.00 AM New England (8-3) at Miami (5-6) OneHD

5.00 AM Seattle (6-5) at Chicago (8-3) Fox2

8.05 AM Tampa Bay (6-5) at Denver (8-3) OneHD

8.25 AM Pittsburgh (6-5) at Baltimore (9-2) Fox2

12.20 PM Philadelphia (3-8) at Dallas (5-6) OneHD & ESPN

TUE, DEC 4

12.30 PM NY Giants (7-4) at Washington (5-6) ESPN