Judd's Prize

Hulett Packard III

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is farce.. Through a loophole he manages to grab a Charlie though having served suspension. IMHO any trangressions in the finals ought to impact the allowability to contest the Brownlow the followi g year.

Judd is just a camouflaged thug

I don't have an issue with Judd getting the most votes.

But I do have a massive issue with the fact that Judd was eligible to win the Brownlow.

His elbow delivered to Pavlich which split his cheek open surely warranted a suspension.

Insufficient force?!?!?!?!

Anyway, good luck to him, the guy is a gun.

He just shouldn't have been eligible to win the medal this year.

The AFL love to change rules, maybe they should drop the "fairest" bit from the "fairest and best" and this sort of controversy wouldn't occur.

It's not undeserved, but i don't think you can say he was the best & fairest player in the league this year. As has been already said, he polled because he was Carlton's only dominant player and the only one that the umpires would notice. This is an advantage in going for the Brownlow, but will get you nowhere in September. They won enough games and he was always the catalyst for them getting up, whereas when the Pies won Swan would have to contend with Pendlebury for votes. And for the record i never got caught up in the hype of Swan, he i always felt he'd struggle to get enough votes in a very even team.

Collingwood should be proud of the fact that they have such a team that isn't reliant on one player, it's why they're in the GF this Saturday.

Edited by Pates

This is farce.. Through a loophole he manages to grab a Charlie though having served suspension. IMHO any trangressions in the finals ought to impact the allowability to contest the Brownlow the followi g year.

Judd is just a camouflaged thug

Absolute disgrace that some of our own Melbourne supporters are whinging that Judd didn't deserve it because he should have been suspended for what he did to Pav, and also the above quote about how a "loophole" has seen him win it this year. You sound like bitter, immature little nothings, similar to Collingwood supporters actually.

Let's face it, look who came 2nd and 3rd - I'm bloody glad Judd won it and not either of the other placegetters, regardless of what sort of year they had.

Well done Judd, I'm not a big fan of yours, but I can't knock your ability to win games for your team. I hope we have someone coming through that can be mentioned in the same sentence as you.

Could he be a bigger [censored]?! Ugh!

And going on about Jimmy too. Please, who are you kidding, the only thing you've ever supported is your bank account. Probably the only true thing you said all night was when you described yourself as selfish.

So far off the mark here Jaded. As many seem to be here, it is really very embarrassing. Judd was one of a handful of players who had good seasons and poll well. The fact he plays with the filth means there is no one else to take votes off him.

He stopped and said to Jimmy, 'your are true inspiration' on his way up the stage and was completely sincere when referring to Jim and him being a Melbourne supporter as a kid. I think the Jim speech made him take a bit of stock on his comments regarding footballers/sport stars being role models and good on him for admitting as much.

He is most deserving of the accolade of dual Brownlow medalist.

Absolute disgrace that some of our own Melbourne supporters are whinging that Judd didn't deserve it because he should have been suspended for what he did to Pav, and also the above quote about how a "loophole" has seen him win it this year. You sound like bitter, immature little nothings, similar to Collingwood supporters actually.

Let's face it, look who came 2nd and 3rd - I'm bloody glad Judd won it and not either of the other placegetters, regardless of what sort of year they had.

Well done Judd, I'm not a big fan of yours, but I can't knock your ability to win games for your team. I hope we have someone coming through that can be mentioned in the same sentence as you.

Well said Billy.

Well said Billy

Had Judd incurred his suspension for his misdemeanor in round 1 and not last years finals he would be inelligible. he gets away with so much. A very good player but totally undeserving of the games Best & FAIREST !!!

Is a blight on the award

Had Judd incurred his suspension for his misdemeanor in round 1 and not last years finals he would be inelligible. he gets away with so much. A very good player but totally undeserving of the games Best & FAIREST !!!

Is a blight on the award

Thanks for the newsflash there - if Judd was suspended for a misdemeanor in Round 1, he would be ineligible.

His suspension was from last year, not this year. Is it that difficult for you to understand?

Would love to see your comments (should it happen) if one of our own found himself in a similar situation.

Showing your true colours on this one pal.

Well did he deserve it? Doubt it, wouldn't have had him in the top five players this year.

Not everyone has to agree. I just think his value is overrated. I don't think umpires really are in the best position to judge it. Every media awad and even the coaches could agree.

To say Judd deserves the ward is a crock of [censored].

Is a blight on the award

Don't let facts get in the way of a good whinge

Well did he deserve it? Doubt it, wouldn't have had him in the top five players this year.

Not everyone has to agree. I just think his value is overrated. I don't think umpires really are in the best position to judge it. Every media awad and even the coaches could agree.

To say Judd deserves the ward is a crock of [censored].

2 issues here. My arguement is with those that say he didn't deserve it BECASUE he should have been ineligible. He was not suspended for any incident this year, so therefore, yes, he does deserve it based on that point. Those that disagree on this point are the ones that I'm shining the spotlight on.

2nd point is, and the one you are bringing up, is that did he deserve it based on form. You are correct in saying that people don't have to agree (with the result). I'm not sure if he did deserve it, he had a bloody good year in a team that probably underperformed, and obviously stood up when needed (just need to look at how his team mates polled). I guess there are a number of players that deserved it, Judd being one of them, but it's a vote-based prize, unfortuantely we have no say in it.

One thing I did notice were the amount of best on ground players that came from the losing team. I think this will be the trend over the next decade or so, and will see a lot more üpsets".

Judd is a class act both on and off the field. He enriches our game. He is a credit to himself, his club and the AFL. He is an outstanding character and footballer who I have had the privilege of getting to know on a personal level. His reasons for choosing Carlton over Melbourne was only a result of 2007 being the start of the great Melbourne rebuild rather than the end (like Carlton). If he had of come to the Dees we would not have the list we have now and still be as far away from a premiership as we have ever been. He did not go to Carlton for the money. In the end there was very little monetary difference between the Melbourne and Carlton offers and associated offer (Melbourne had a Visy lined up as well). Juddy once told me that he left the meeting with Stynes and Lyon rang up Bec and said "I am going to Melbourne". Some time after this reality set in. He wants to win a Premiership and mark my words if Juddy had come to Melbourne at the end of 2007 he and the MFC would not have any chance of winning a premiership in his career. Give credit to the guy for doing the right thing by us and himself.

I have watched a couple Melbourne games with Juddy and I can report he still has a soft spot for our team. (No he will never play for us.) He was speaking highly of Frawley in 2008 before most on this site could see the talent. He was no fan of Robo (dropped to the ground too much, no defensive pressure), but rates Trengrove the highest of all our young guns. He thinks Melbourne is now a potential premiership list but warns me that it is going to take much longer than we would like to think.

Those who are paying Juddy out should stop. It sounds like sour grapes. You are discrediting yourselves.

Congratulations on a well deserved second Brownlow Juddy!

One thing I did notice were the amount of best on ground players that came from the losing team. I think this will be the trend over the next decade or so, and will see a lot more üpsets".

Like the 3 votes Judd got losing to the pies by 9 goals? Classic that one. Congrats to him nonetheless.

Thanks for the newsflash there - if Judd was suspended for a misdemeanor in Round 1, he would be ineligible.

His suspension was from last year, not this year. Is it that difficult for you to understand?

Would love to see your comments (should it happen) if one of our own found himself in a similar situation.

Showing your true colours on this one pal.

Billy please feel free to write another book regarding your Judd-crush . Excuse us who don't have your one sided view. Yes .. Pal. ... That's the whole point . His misdemeanor' timing let him slip through a crack. He ought to have incurred a similar inelligibity had it been a home and away match or do you agree with the situations hypocrisy ?

I agree a very gifted and able player but he's not so squeaky. He's gotten away with much. He winning the Charlie is just a joke

Judd is a class act both on and off the field. He enriches our game. He is a credit to himself, his club and the AFL. He is an outstanding character and footballer who I have had the privilege of getting to know on a personal level. His reasons for choosing Carlton over Melbourne was only a result of 2007 being the start of the great Melbourne rebuild rather than the end (like Carlton). If he had of come to the Dees we would not have the list we have now and still be as far away from a premiership as we have ever been. He did not go to Carlton for the money. In the end there was very little monetary difference between the Melbourne and Carlton offers and associated offer (Melbourne had a Visy lined up as well). Juddy once told me that he left the meeting with Stynes and Lyon rang up Bec and said "I am going to Melbourne". Some time after this reality set in. He wants to win a Premiership and mark my words if Juddy had come to Melbourne at the end of 2007 he and the MFC would not have any chance of winning a premiership in his career. Give credit to the guy for doing the right thing by us and himself.

I have watched a couple Melbourne games with Juddy and I can report he still has a soft spot for our team. (No he will never play for us.) He was speaking highly of Frawley in 2008 before most on this site could see the talent. He was no fan of Robo (dropped to the ground too much, no defensive pressure), but rates Trengrove the highest of all our young guns. He thinks Melbourne is now a potential premiership list but warns me that it is going to take much longer than we would like to think.

Those who are paying Juddy out should stop. It sounds like sour grapes. You are discrediting yourselves.

Congratulations on a well deserved second Brownlow Juddy!

Excellent post.

to the idots who said he doesn't deserve it and dane swan was robbed, [censored] off seriously! the guy is a champion and deserved it more then anyone, had carried the whole carlton team on both sore shoulders with no support! and out and out gun!

well done juddy i forgive you for not coming to the dees coz if u did we would not have had scully trengove watts jurrah morton.

get a grip morons!

And excuse those of us who don't have your one side view. I'm not sure how you can keep raising last years suspension. How is it in any way relevant to this year?

His suspension if needed to be seved this year ought to carry with it inelligibty this year also . He escaped inelligibty last yeR as obviuosly after the 22. H & A games but he carries no similar penalty this year .. He effectively ( as would any similar ) dodges the bullet . Is that fAir to those who either incurred inelligibilty this year or those who simply keep nose clean ?

Look forward to your answer

His suspension if needed to be seved this year ought to carry with it inelligibty this year also . He escaped inelligibty last yeR as obviuosly after the 22. H & A games but he carries no similar penalty this year .. He effectively ( as would any similar ) dodges the bullet . Is that fAir to those who either incurred inelligibilty this year or those who simply keep nose clean ?

Look forward to your answer

Okay let's run through a few facts quickly.

Suspended in 2009? Yes

Serves suspension in 2009? Yes

New season starts for 2010:

You want ineligibility for 2010 brownlow how?

We do not run a 09/10 season, what happened last year stays in last year. Maybe contact the commission and submit a proposal for another rule change if you like, I guarantee it would be laughed at.