Cam Schwab on Ustream Live Chat Last Night.

While it does sound a bit over the top, I have a Twitter account where I follow the Melbourne Club, Jimmy Stynes, Cam Schwab and a few of the players and they regularly tweet about what they are doing with training and announcements, etc - it is pretty cool as it comes straight from the horse's mouth.

Last night around 5pm or so, Cam Schwab tweeted that he was going to do a live broadcast on a website called ustream where he would answer questions. You see live video of him sitting in his office and he can see your questions. It was a fantastic hour or more, Cam spoke on everything he could without giving anything private/personal about players or the club away. As many of you I am sure already know, he has a fantastic knowledge of and instinct for the game and I am continually impressed with his contribution to MFC. There were about 20 - 27 viewers and Cam answered pretty much every question that was asked.

Points that he gave that I particularly appreciated were:

- We would be present in trade week but will continue to focus on the draft (on retrospect probably obvious, but the question of a 'big strong forward' keeps coming on 'land and 'ology)

- We can look forward to another scarf next year (something in me loves getting a new one each year) which will feature the new emblem.

- Continue to look at options to return the jumper to the darker, richer blood red and very dark blue of yesteryear but the materials used for jumpers is hampering this.

- The new fantastic look office in AAMI that has the Premiership Cups in glass cases (I had a look through the windows) is a working office and is not really designed for fans to walk around in but see what happens in the future. The really old premiership cups will stay in the Hall of Fame for now.

- Playing games overseas is something that the AFL is sticking with and there was some talk of eventually have teams from OS (South Africa, etc). Joked around about funny incidents at games at the Oval in London when he was there with us and when he was with Freo.

- Players use of Twitter is something the club whats to continue with, but it is an ongoing balancing act with the content provided in it.

- The article in The Age this week where Miller and J-Mac expressed concern about how the club manages young players was inaccurate and those two players have been upset that their feedback was portrayed in this this way by the paper.

- The Club has been pushing the AFL to give our young guns, particularly Jordie MacKenzie a Rising Star Nomination. He is very happy Jordie and says that his body is set to become a big rig and compared this to the Gys, who is unlikely at this stage to become bulky. Fitzpartrick is considered a future big forward target.

- He reads 'land and 'ology regularly.

- Cam is a very proud 'Footy Man' and does not have designs to become a business bloke, even though he was initially a bit unsure about rejoining us when he did. His passions are footy, music and art and he sees it staying this way.

There was heaps more, but it was over an hour's worth of comment.

Cam asked a number of times if we liked this form of communication and to tell other fans about it. I reckon it is great but I would think a person of his stature would continue doing it for just a relatively small group of people. Tweeted later and said next time he does it will give more notice.

GO DEES ON SUNDAY!!! CANNOT BELIEVE THIS IS THE LAST GAME AND WILL HAVE TO WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR FOR MORE! EVERYONE GET THERE!!!

thanks bloke for the detailed report. I must admit I was against Cam coming back, and I even was a bit unsure of CC and Jimmy...mea culpa.

The synergy and results shown by the board and management really makes me take another think before I put finger to keyboard in angst about MFC.

That's awesome. Really cool getting insights from people in the club.

Defiantly should do it again. Next time he does it we should get a whole group of questions posted on here that he could answer.

I really loved it when Craig Cameron used to come on here around trade time and have a chat. Hopefully Cam can join up and give us some info on here too.

Between this sort of thing and the Whiteboard Wednesday series, is there any other club that even comes close to this level of transparency and accessibility?

I had no idea, all those years ago, that the club I chose to back on a unclear generation-skipping link of family support, was going to turn out to be the club which most deserves respect for its operating values, community commitment, and beautiful blend of pride and humility.

another great initiative by the club. thankyou for the report, excellent. since jimmy took over as president, the club has been nothing short of sensational in all forms of communication. a solid 2-2.5 years of leading the way in informing melborne supporte3rs.

another great initiative by the club. thank you for the report, excellent. since jimmy took over as president, the club has been nothing short of sensational in all forms of communication. a solid 2-2.5 years of leading the way in informing Melbourne supporters.

The board has been fantastic, in changing the impression of MFC in the mind of supporters and general ASL fan.

Always doing positive things, and Cameron is always at the forefront of this