The List Management Thread

Inner Demon

DElist: Paul Johnson, James McDonald, Tom Mcnamara, Kyle Cheney, Brad Miller, Daniel Bell.

Promote: Mckenzie, Spencer

4 draft picks, 6 rookie spots.

I'll redraft Mcnamara and Cheney with rookie picks rd 5 and 6 which you would think would be pretty shallow already considering 150+ players would be drafted by then.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meesan & Bell to be shown the door. Meesan will be out of AFL for at least 4 years, not back until 2012. Not sure why people want to persist with an injury prone player.

Miller or Newton to go, I think the forward line has enough spare parts.

Meesen and Newton are rookies. And are you sure Meesen will be out for 4 years and back in 2012? Remarkable. :blink:

DElist: Paul Johnson, James McDonald, Tom Mcnamara, Kyle Cheney, Brad Miller, Daniel Bell.

Promote: Mckenzie, Spencer

4 draft picks, 6 rookie spots.

I'll redraft Mcnamara and Cheney with rookie picks rd 5 and 6 which you would think would be pretty shallow already considering 150+ players would be drafted by then.

Cheney contracted in 2011.

Posted Today, 08:21 PM

snapback.pngRhino Richards, on 16 August 2010 - 07:48 PM, said:

"Seriously deluded."

Whats this Rhino? Explain yourself.

Check your post at 7.08pm.

Any chance any of the trades would be worthwhile for the other side? They are great for MFC but howlers for other clubs. You might not like the opposition but they are not that stupid. Miller for pick 28? Sheesh.

Fair bit of drifting from the rules here.

To fill in a few gaps:

Hughes cannot be retained on the rookie list. We had special dispensation to allow him to stay a 4th year due to his year off. He's done.

Trading away half a dozen players in return for a clutch of top 20 draft picks is fantasy.

No matter how much you kick & scream and point at Newton & Meesen, "rookie demotion" isn't real. Those players were delisted. They were then drafted at a later date because every other Club overlooked them half a dozen plus times each.

IMHO if we upgrade Spencer, we need to delist PJ.

The only reason I'd keep him would be as cover in the ruck in case Jamar goes down and while the young talls grow.

Lately Fitzpatrick has been showing a bit and Gawn is a decent size already.

But the crux of the matter is: either Spencer is good enough to persevere with to play in the ruck, or he isn't.

If he is, we elevate him and discard PJ who isn't good enough.

If he isn't, we keep PJ for another year and lose Spencer, or at least no need to upgrade him.

IMHO if we upgrade Spencer, we need to delist PJ.

PJ stays.

If Jamar went down...

- Gawn: coming off a knee re-co and now another knee injury. at least 3 seasons away from being half decent

- Fitzpatrick: 19 yrs old, 80kg frame, at least 2 years from even a debut

- Spenser: an uncoordinated nepolean dynamite look-a-like. May come good, but if he does, it is more likely going to be around the age of 26 like Jamar.

- Martin: shocking ruckman. He will probably be delisted, but if he does stay on the list the only position he's ever been comfortable is as a tall defender

PJ, as ordinary he is, is the only viable back up we have

Disagree.

Gawn: has the size now to compete and will be fit again by the time preseason begins.

Fitzpatrick: will have another preseason to bulk up and is competing admirably in the VFL against AFL ruckmen.

Martin: underrated and injuy riddled this year. I think he will become a serviceable ruckman.

Spencer: might not be able to be number 1 ruck until he is 26 like Jamar, but he should still be a capable backup at this stage.

Jamar: number 1. Take him as read.

I wouldn't discount the possibility of us trading for a ruckman either.

PJ unfortunately has shown that he will never be able to take the number 1 mantle and I don't think he is worth persevering with now.

In a game yesterday when we needed him to take charge in the ruck against the hawks lackluster ruck duo, he was soundly beaten.

I think he is done.

Disagree.

Gawn: has the size now to compete and will be fit again by the time preseason begins.

Fitzpatrick: will have another preseason to bulk up and is competing admirably in the VFL against AFL ruckmen.

Martin: underrated and injuy riddled this year. I think he will become a serviceable ruckman.

Spencer: might not be able to be number 1 ruck until he is 26 like Jamar, but he should still be a capable backup at this stage.

fact is that ruckman, unless they are absolute FREAKS, are not competitive until their mid 20s. Kruiser is the only one i can think of who was semi-decent by age 20 and even Kruiser, if he had to lead the ruck division, would have been killed.

If you honestly believe Gawn (19yro), Fitpatrick (19yro), Martin (22yro and not a natural ruckman) and Spenser (20 yrso) could lead the ruck division should Jamar be injured, then our opinions are so far apart there is no point even discussing it further.

This may be a factor in why Miller has not got a new contract....from his twitter this morning

"Anyone got a new back? Mine has given up on me!!.. Heated seats in the volvo are keeping me in the game at the moment!!"

He has missed a game or two with back related problems

He could be looking at retiring anyway

If you honestly believe Gawn (19yro), Fitpatrick (19yro), Martin (22yro and not a natural ruckman) and Spenser (20 yrso) could lead the ruck division should Jamar be injured, then our opinions are so far apart there is no point even discussing it further.

I agree with your assessment. However, what we do know is that PJ cant lead a ruck division with serious question marks about what he brings to the side as a 2nd ruck. Its line ball whether we keep PJ. We probably will but its hardly a vote of confidence in him. More a realisation of where our ruck stocks are.

PJ stays.

If Jamar went down...

- Gawn: coming off a knee re-co and now another knee injury. at least 3 seasons away from being half decent

- Fitzpatrick: 19 yrs old, 80kg frame, at least 2 years from even a debut

- Spenser: an uncoordinated nepolean dynamite look-a-like. May come good, but if he does, it is more likely going to be around the age of 26 like Jamar.

- Martin: shocking ruckman. He will probably be delisted, but if he does stay on the list the only position he's ever been comfortable is as a tall defender

PJ, as ordinary he is, is the only viable back up we have

Can see the point your making. No way should Martin be delisted after a retched year of injury. Another year for him.

Fitzpatrick though will debut early next year, with an ounce of luck they may even throw him a game in the final 2 rounds and I would be all for it.

He has been carrying the ruck at Casey for 6-7 weeks now with some minor assistance from Miller & Juice. He has taken on and beaten players such as Sam Jacobs last week and a tandem ruck set up of Josh Fraser and Cam Wood. These 3 have much more experience that Fitzy and he has stood tall. From this I would have no hesitation in throwing him in as Russian's back up, he would certainly add a bit resting in the forward line also.

Edited by Demon Jack 16

Check the odds of success Eth38 and see how many pick 50s make it?? Hmmm

I thought the relative success of previous drafts had no bearing on future drafts, or some other such equivalent you usually pedal Rhino. Glad to see you've come around.

fact is that ruckman, unless they are absolute FREAKS, are not competitive until their mid 20s. Kruiser is the only one i can think of who was semi-decent by age 20 and even Kruiser, if he had to lead the ruck division, would have been killed.

Well, for a start, you chose to ignore the part where I said not to ignore the chance of us trading for a ruckman.

If we do ignore that, if Jamar goes down we will struggle with PJ or without PJ.

He is substandard. We'd be no better off with him in the ruck instead of one of our other alternatives.

I never said Fitz could carry the ruck but I believe he will debut next year.

Martin will have recovered and to say he is "not a natural ruckman" is rubbish. Neither is Dean Brogan and many other ruckmen. (Mike Pyke?)

Gawn at least has the size already to compete.

Spencer can compete and just needs to learn what to do outside of a ruck contest.

To say we shouldn't be expecting them to play before their mid-20s...

I'll just throw out a fee names off the top of my head:

Jackson Trengove? Kreuzer? Renouf? Jacobs? Hampson? Tippett? McEvoy? Jordon Roughead? Zac Clarke? Vickery? Naitanui?

Few of them are top line ruckmen, but you wouldn't be expectig that from Jamar's backup.

I thought the relative success of previous drafts had no bearing on future drafts, or some other such equivalent you usually pedal Rhino. Glad to see you've come around.

Depends on what day it is.

It does indicate the likelihood of picking up a good player or not as opposed to directing what sort of player you should select using a particular draft choice.

Well done! You missed the point again.

Well looks like I am the only one left in the Daniel Bell fan club!

I think he has a lot still to offer.

I'm a Bell fan too, and have previously backed him.

Unfortunatelt his time is up with us with so many young kids coming through, someone has to make way.

I hope he gets another opportunity elsewhere because I reckon he can play!

I'm a Bell fan too, and have previously backed him.

Unfortunatelt his time is up with us with so many young kids coming through, someone has to make way.

I hope he gets another opportunity elsewhere because I reckon he can play!

Now HE is the kind of player Gold Coast or GWS should acqure - a young midfielder who has played many games in both the AFL and VFL. Experience up his sleeve for such a young bloke.

McDonald - retire (allows McKenzie to be promoted)

Miller - delisted (allows our 1st round pick in draft)

Bell - delisted (allows our 2nd round pick in draft)

Edit: Removed Martin forgetting only have to use 2 draft selections now and not 3.

Edited by Tall Defence