Clash jumper 2011

Guest Redleg_24

Clash Strip 2011  

152 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

.clashf.jpg

something like this ?

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little bit off topic, but according to club twitter we WILL be wearing our traditional strip this weekend against the bummers.

Does anyone know what the bummers will be wearing?

If it's that wider red sash one, that would hardly reduce the clash.

This whole clash inconsistency does my head in.

Good morning Daisy cutter you are dead right about the inconsistances in the AFL policy.

Not sure if they will be wearing the wider red strip or not, IMO it makes little difference.

Essendon should be wearing a white jumper on sunday.

It is simply a power thing.

Essendon, Collingwood and Richmond have the power and are using it. We do not.

We can debate it until the cows come home and I would prefer other options.

Get used to white nothing else will happen!

Guest Redleg_24

How about the "Cam Bruce Clash Jumper" ohmy.gifohmy.gifclashstripcam.png

Very clever Daisy! But its not light blue enough ;P

Redleg,

If we must have predominately white, one of the things I dislike is the sheer amount of white - watching the team come out looks like a bunch of pommies hitting the beach.

So, here is a couple of ideas to "minimise" the whiteness. I don't know where the AFL draw the line.

1. Have colored shorts e.g. navy shorts

2. Add more color to the back of the jumper (have a look at bulldogs jumper back)

I'll put up an example shortly overlaying your preferred strip

Redleg,

If we must have predominately white, one of the things I dislike is the sheer amount of white - watching the team come out looks like a bunch of pommies hitting the beach.

So, here is a couple of ideas to "minimise" the whiteness. I don't know where the AFL draw the line.

1. Have colored shorts e.g. navy shorts

2. Add more color to the back of the jumper (have a look at bulldogs jumper back)

I'll put up an example shortly overlaying your preferred strip

Whilst I certainly agre with the sentiment it is contradictory...the whole point is to have that much white....to offer the contrast ( theory ). The backs of jumpers need to be different, one light one dark . I dont think we can wear a darker short as that invariably is the home teams priveledge. ive suggested a dark panel to match thejumper as an idea though.

All things considered theres still a hell of a lot of white on the back of the Dogs away jumper....which again Id suggest is the idea.

Whilst I certainly agre with the sentiment it is contradictory...the whole point is to have that much white....to offer the contrast ( theory ). The backs of jumpers need to be different, one light one dark . I dont think we can wear a darker short as that invariably is the home teams priveledge. ive suggested a dark panel to match thejumper as an idea though.

All things considered theres still a hell of a lot of white on the back of the Dogs away jumper....which again Id suggest is the idea.

Understand what you are saying belzebub, but the question is how much white.

Do the AFL stipulate a percentage? I don'y think so.

Seems we just go around in the dark as there are NO AFL published specifications (other than bend over)

AFL claim it is to avoid visual confusion andhave a better looking spectacle for TV

Funny how cricket (and TV execs) decided that white was too boring and bland for TV wrt 50over and 20/20.

It's not just Melb, all the other team white strips look awful (with the possible exception of Bulldogs as its part of their colors anyway)

Anyway, I'll probably just slash my wrists and be done with it.

Guest Redleg_24

on another topic.. can someone please tell me if we are wearing our home strip sunday.. would be disgusted if they chucked is in that white thing for a "home game"

Home strip mate! Bummers can giiiiiiiiiiiiiittt stuffed!

Guest Redleg_24

Beelzebub, I added the panels you asked for, and the red outline (as best I could). Se my final offering ABOVE.

Daisy, I hear what you say mate, and I know that there are no 'written' guidlines. The way this works is that we present a design, just like this one, to the AFL and they either give it a tick or a cross. Yes or a No. Yup or a Nup. It is all at their discretion. Whilst I support your idea mate, it will not be approved. FACT!

This is my final offering, unless other suggestions are made,. It combines elements of Option 6 and 2, and has included suggestions from other posters. Thanks all for your imput. I think this is the one, along with three others, that I will send to the club.

26236380.png

I like this , definitely ( as a white strip ) Looks liek a properly constructed kit. Looks like a footy jumper ( to me very important...some are just...ewwww yuck.... sloppy efforts )

It keeps identifying aspects.. red yoke..that;s Melb ...the motif/emblem...thats Melb old+new. Red socks=Red legs=Melbourne

its not tooooo busy ...looks quite smart really ( for a white guise !! )

and for the life of me I cant see how that's clash with anything if we werent wearing our normal red and blue !!

nice work 24

Hey Redleg,

Do you have a list of the clubs the AFL say we clash with that you could publish here?

What the AFL considers a clash is a very fluid dynamic that they make up on the day !! :rolleyes:

I had a graphic which showed us next to supposed clashes...and we didnt..will try and find

comparisonnd7.jpg

back of jumspers obviously:

Melb>>>>>>>>Lions>>>>>>>>Carlton>>>>>>>StKilda>>>>>>Melb>>>>>>>Ess>>>>>>>>>Freo>>>>>>>>proposed jump ( red)

Freos is a legitimate clash from the rear.

My thoughts on all of this is that it ought to be a case of respect your elders. i.e All new clubs must defer to previously existing clubs in terms of colours and seniority in wearing them. As we were here FIRST..everyone else can apease US !!!

Interesting how the Current AFL Dictatorship do not tell the Fans & Members about "Clash Strips" They just tell the Clubs what must happen.

If the AFL consulted the Fans of clubs on this issue they would be run out of town.

Essendon Members VOTED for a Red & Black Strip at all times

The MFC Members should vote for a Red & Blue Strip, with debt demolition who is to say we need the AFL Charity for too long any way.

I shall never agree to ANY White Strip-I do not live in the WESTERN SUBURBS!!!

Guest Redleg_24

comparisonnd7.jpg

My thoughts on all of this is that it ought to be a case of respect your elders. i.e All new clubs must defer to previously existing clubs in terms of colours and seniority in wearing them. As we were here FIRST..everyone else can apease US !!!

Belzebub,

I have suggested this on a thread elsewhere. I think that IF the AFL permitted and approved these newer teams jumpers, when they knew or ought to have known, that they would clash with existing teams then they should force those teams to produce an alternative!! I think the red works in every example you have posted above, accept Brisbane and possibly Essendon (in the eyes of the AFL).

THE WHOLE THING IS REDICULOUS

Guest Redleg_24

If we are allowed to wear red, then this is the go I reckon. You cant just reverse the back and front. It will have to be 'minimal', so that the jumper is almost entirely red. Otherwise, dont shoot the messener here, the AFL will take exception to it. 69468379.png

comparisonnd7.jpg

back of jumspers obviously:

Melb>>>>>>>>Lions>>>>>>>>Carlton>>>>>>>StKilda>>>>>>Melb>>>>>>>Ess>>>>>>>>>Freo>>>>>>>>proposed jump ( red)

Freos is a legitimate clash from the rear.

Thanks Belzebub, agree with you.

Redleg mentioned previously a clash with WC, and why did the Bullies wear their clash jumper against us this year (I just checked on youtube)?

Also checked the famous 87 game against the bullies where both teams wore traditional gear and it didn't clash for me.

Really curious to see what the bummers turn up with on Sunday. Black/Red vs Navy/Red has to be a clash no matter how wide the sash.

We should try and do a deal with the AFL that when we play any GF at the G we get to wear our tradtional gear because it's OUR ground FTROT

Cheers

If we are allowed to wear red, then this is the go I reckon. You cant just reverse the back and front. It will have to be 'minimal', so that the jumper is almost entirely red. Otherwise, dont shoot the messener here, the AFL will take exception to it. 69468379.png

now that is what we members should vote for as a clash strip- i can handle that.

Redleg, may as well use your namesake on the socks too, Then I'll vote for this (with red or white shorts)

Guest Redleg_24

Redleg, may as well use your namesake on the socks too, Then I'll vote for this (with red or white shorts)

OK...What about this...we add a bit of white to the front and sides, while having an All white back, We would have to have white socks daisy, otherise, CLASH! What do you think of this? I doubt it will be approved. But happy to submit if you guys like it!82996560.png

OK...What about this...we add a bit of white to the front and sides, while having an All white back, We would have to have white socks daisy, otherise, CLASH! What do you think of this? I doubt it will be approved. But happy to submit if you guys like it!82996560.png

Nah, like you said - no hope.

Still like your red design - at least its "truer" and unique from all the other club's white versions which all look the same from a distance