• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Tall Key Forwards

dee-luded

I would go David Hale. Work the combo with Jamar as ruck/forward. Solves that Jamar rucks solo problem and that one big forward always in the f50.

I would use a Pick 16 or +. Nothing higher then that. Will consider players.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our crop of forwards has potential to be a good group.....when they eventually get some continuity and game time together. All have missed games this year for various different reasons.

Jesse White a good player?! Yeah, just my opinion but SHOULD we trade someone in it should be someone that no other current MFC forward could be likely to play in front of...Jesse White is certainly not that player. IMO he is well on his way to becoming a Paul Johnson.....all the right attributes but nothing to show for it, or as the old saying goes, looks like Tarzan plays like Jane.

I'll add that I like the suggestion of looking around for VFL, Podsiadly type recruits but don't see the need to be ready to trade on draft picks just yet. How about another year and then look to trade. Let's 'hopefully' see the likes of Jurrah, Watts, Tapsoctt, Wonaeamirri play some games together before we start searching elsewhere because none of these four have played one single game together yet.

Patience...

Edited by Demon Jack 16

Bailey throwaway comment on the flossed footy show is no validation of commitment or intention. I would not be putting any weight on it.

But if you repeat it often enough on this site it becomes a "fact".

I have heard DB specifically talk about Garland moving up fwd. Not sure why he hasn't yet done it but then I personally don't get a lot of inspiration from DB out of the box on game day.

Was reading through the papers today... I can't remember if it was the big one or the little one... Bu they were talking about the likely top 5 for this years draft. They had Bennell, Swallow and Day as the top 3, then another kid at 4 who's name escapes me... then Darling at 5. Which got me to thinking. This kid is 190cm and plays, so they claim, like Pavlich. His form this season has dropped off, but he was considered a likely top 3 pick after last season.

If he continues to drop in the recruiters' minds, could he get far enough to drop to us? (Like Sellar did a few years ago) If he did, would you still want him?

The reason I ask is simply because I'd like to see us use our first pick on a good KPF talent. Paying unders for the next Pav would be pretty sweet...

Edit: May have been young Gaff from Metro...

Edited by Dappa Dan

Was reading through the papers today... I can't remember if it was the big one or the little one... Bu they were talking about the likely top 5 for this years draft. They had Bennell, Swallow and Day as the top 3, then another kid at 4 who's name escapes me... then Darling at 5. Which got me to thinking. This kid is 190cm and plays, so they claim, like Pavlich. His form this season has dropped off, but he was considered a likely top 3 pick after last season.

If he continues to drop in the recruiters' minds, could he get far enough to drop to us? (Like Sellar did a few years ago) If he did, would you still want him?

The reason I ask is simply because I'd like to see us use our first pick on a good KPF talent. Paying unders for the next Pav would be pretty sweet...

read the same thing and thought the same thing, unless we finish bottom 2 though doubt we'll be able pick him up.

Edited by volders

I'm just as excited by the prospect of getting a Scott Lycett, a Jamie Solly, a Lucas Cook, or a Shaun Atley.

Especially Lycett or Cook.

Not to mention just last week Bailey himself said both Garland and Frawley are capable of playing forward...

Frawley = Lake?

Good stuff

read the same thing and thought the same thing, unless we finish bottom 2 though doubt we'll be able pick him up.

Spoke too soon... :D

I'm just as excited by the prospect of getting a Scott Lycett, a Jamie Solly, a Lucas Cook, or a Shaun Atley.

Especially Lycett or Cook.

I've not been doing my homework this year. Please expand. We need something good to talk about.

Bump

I would trade this years first round draft pick (which will be approx pick 12 or 14) for Roughead. If the Hawks don't like that, I'd through in a player.

It's great to think we could get a great KPF in the draft, but as we know too well with Watts, they do take time to develop. Roughy would slot straight in at FF, has a good 8 years left in him, has a bit of mongrel about him, and will attract the best defenders each week.

When you think about it, our trading has been shite in recent years. We have never gone out hard to get our man. While we have obtained the odd player here and there, we have never targeted a high quality player. With the amount of kids we have on our list that we have drafted over the past few years, and especially the amount of first-rounders we have got, I think this year would be a great year to target a ready-made player in the silly season. Should have done it with Mumford last year - how nice would it be having him and Jamar firing? We toyed with the Luke Ball scenario - let's face it, he is probably in the Scum's top 5 this year.

We still have the knack of plucking a later round draft pick that goes well, so I'd be sacrificing out forst pick for Roughy.

Guest hangon007

I would trade this years first round draft pick (which will be approx pick 12 or 14) for Roughead. If the Hawks don't like that, I'd through in a player.

Hawthorn should jump at that deal - especially if you throw in a slab of beer to wash down the fact they lost a "key" premiership player. :wacko:

Edited by hangon007

It's great to think we could get a great KPF in the draft, but as we know too well with Watts, they do take time to develop. Roughy would slot straight in at FF, has a good 8 years left in him, has a bit of mongrel about him, and will attract the best defenders each week.

When you think about it, our trading has been shite in recent years. We have never gone out hard to get our man. While we have obtained the odd player here and there, we have never targeted a high quality player. With the amount of kids we have on our list that we have drafted over the past few years, and especially the amount of first-rounders we have got, I think this year would be a great year to target a ready-made player in the silly season. Should have done it with Mumford last year - how nice would it be having him and Jamar firing? We toyed with the Luke Ball scenario - let's face it, he is probably in the Scum's top 5 this year.

We still have the knack of plucking a later round draft pick that goes well, so I'd be sacrificing out forst pick for Roughy.

Geez any chance of making the deal worthwhile for the Hawks? Which player would you throw in? Why would they want to trade a player who is critical to their aspirations for a draft pick and what a second tier player.

Our trading in recent years....

TJ for pick 16 ----> Grimes

Brock for pick 12-----> Gysberts

Some shite that is.

We woukd have taken Ball through PSD but he did not want to go to MFC end of story.

And apparent success is no basis with late picks to trade your first round pick in future years.

Anyone know how Mitch Thorp has been going in the VFL? If he gets his act together i wouldn't mind giving him a shot.

He got ko'd along with Graham Polak on the weekend when they clashed heads together. Both were out before they hit the ground. If there's any way to get injured, poor old Mitch Thorp will no doubt find it. He has had rotten luck with injuries.

Our trading of late has been quite good as pointed out.

I like your suggestion of Roughead and don't think it's all together crazy. Not sure that we should be deviating off the drafting path just yet but in this case giving Hawthorn our first pick and possibly one of Warnock & Rivers? Hawks are crying out for a key defender and they are playing for premierships now. Look, if that was the other way around I don't think I would go for it......but damn they already have Buddy Franklin surely we could plead with them on the grounds of fairness that they have two great key forwards at once :(

Edited by Demon Jack 16

Guest The Boss

If Hawthorn want to trade Roughead to the MFC for a defender, the only name on their wishlist will be Frawley.

We all know we need a big, mature, key forward and I think we need to get one in this years trade period.

We really need to get one to help Watts, Jurrah and Bate in the future so I think it is really important to get one this trade week by giving them a good offer.

Who do people really think we will be able to convince and who will be available to come and play for us?

Its a pity Miller has no confidence in his ability or killer instinct because despite his flaws he could really help us out as a Cam Mooney type while we develop our forward line over the next couple of years.

Other than a steal like Roughead becoming available (which will never happen; never) I would hang on to our picks and try and draft and develop our own KPF. We will still get a relatively decent pick this year and could look at a trade a couple of years down the track if we fail to draft a quality KPF.

Anyone know how Mitch Thorp has been going in the VFL? If he gets his act together i wouldn't mind giving him a shot.

I know that we looked at him last year for the preseason draft but can't remember why we passed on him?

Did he try and hide an injury?

If Hawthorn want to trade Roughead to the MFC for a defender, the only name on their wishlist will be Frawley.

It is wishful thinking Boss....no doubt.

Plenty on demonland would love it though.....even if only to get rid of Rivers. I am not one of those.

Mitch Thorp anyone?

Not that I have paid much attention but I had heard he was going ok at Werribee? Injury free for the most part is that right? Up until the collision with Polak last week of course....would've been handy to have caught a glimpse of him tomorrow against Casey

The only realistic trade scenario I have seen that reflects what MFC want and the Hawks would want. Its no deal and I wouldnt do it.

It is wishful thinking Boss....no doubt.

Plenty on demonland would love it though.....even if only to get rid of Rivers. I am not one of those.

The only realistic deal of what MFC want/ Hawks want wont happen. And anyone think Rivers spices up a trade deal with a draft pick is dreaming.

He is a limited defender with poor trade currency.

Mitch Thorp anyone?

Not that I have paid much attention but I had heard he was going ok at Werribee? Injury free for the most part is that right? Up until the collision with Polak last week of course....would've been handy to have caught a glimpse of him tomorrow against Casey

No. Injuries are just part of the problem with Thorp.

Think I'm with Rhino on this one.

We would all love a "power forward" but I would have thought the last thing we would want to do after systematically putting together a great crop of younger/future players, is to pay over the odds and tip any out. Wouldn't want a Brock McLean scenario in reverse.

Hawthorn, as with all clubs trade 'hard',so we would be up for plenty+ for a Roughead like trade.

We are only half way through the season, we knew it wasn't going to be an easy year, but its been a building year. Scully, Trengove, McKenzie, Gysberts,Jamar have all come on and people like Blease and Tapscott enter the scene tomorrow. Throw in Liam and young Watts etc.

We should be in a reasonable position at the trade table when the time comes at the end of the season and all the trading options are known.

I wouldn't be getting to jumpy at this point.

Thorp has attitude problems too Rhino? Have heard this.

Yeah and well aware that the Hawk trade mentioned is wishful thinking....did mention above that if it were the other way around I wouldn't touch it but no harm in hypothesising.

A good mate of mine is a hawk fan and he suggests Riv or Warnock for Dowler....they would take a tall backman but not for Rough.