Dunn is a GUN!!!

Guest Cougar Magic

Guest Cougar Magic

Dunn's got to be played in the foward line every game as full-foward or as centre half-foward not as some tagger and be given some time to grow in this role. He has all the talent in the world and Bailey has to play him, he is just as tall as Matthew Pavlich so he's got the height and he is 90 odd kg so he also has the body strength. I believe he is the missing link in our foward line.

Guest Cougar Magic

I have also talked to him a few times and you can see the frustration on his face. I once said to him my dad and i reckon you look and move a bit like a young David Scharz and you should be played at centre half-foward and his reply was tell the coach that. This shows me that this is a sign of a young player being frustrated at not being given the opportunity and wants the coach to have confidence in him.

Guest Cougar Magic

I say leave Dunn in the foward fifty by himself and give him a chance to prove himself, then we will know whether he is good or not.

I guess it depends on how the coaching staff sees the future of the forward line and the future of forwards in general. Garry Lyon wrote an article a few weeks ago or longer about the changing nature of CHFs citing bate, dangerfield and someone else I think as examples of a new breed. Perhaps they don't see Dunn as fitting that mould but regardless I don't see why he shouldn't be played in the one position for a while to prove once and for all whether he's suited there or not.

I guess it depends on how the coaching staff sees the future of the forward line and the future of forwards in general. Garry Lyon wrote an article a few weeks ago or longer about the changing nature of CHFs citing bate, dangerfield and someone else I think as examples of a new breed. Perhaps they don't see Dunn as fitting that mould but regardless I don't see why he shouldn't be played in the one position for a while to prove once and for all whether he's suited there or not.

Love to see him play forward for us. Nothing else is working. He isn't a bad mark.

Better than Miller as a forward option.

I don't know whether Lynden is a Gun, but he does deserve a few games in the forward 50 as no one else apart from Greeny is showing any strength.

The little guys need to work of some targets as well.

So yes i would play Dunny closer to Goal and say Go for it-Show us what you have got.

I have also talked to him a few times and you can see the frustration on his face. I once said to him my dad and i reckon you look and move a bit like a young David Scharz and you should be played at centre half-foward and his reply was tell the coach that. This shows me that this is a sign of a young player being frustrated at not being given the opportunity and wants the coach to have confidence in him.

I'm sorry, but Dunn moves nothing like the young Schwartz who was at one stage as good as the best key forward in the game. Yes, he has improved his game this year but that's just complete and utter bollocks.

Guest Cougar Magic

When Dunn was in his first year there was some clasy highlights that reminded me of a young Schartz sorry.He was very promising in his first year and that was when he was played in foward line

Dunn's stocks are always highest when he isn't in our squad.

I know we have to be optimistic but I am doubtful of Dunn turning a corner years down the track like, for example, a big Russian has this year.

We are looking for solutions for our forward line but if the coaching staff can successfully address our inconsistent application to games than Bate, Wonna, Sylvia and co. will start kicking goals and we can stop the grass is greener [censored].

I thought that Dunn hadn't been too bad before he got dropped, if he had kicked a couple of the easy ones he missed he would still be in the side.

He did a lot of the hard work getting the ball and then muffed it; you just have to make the most of your opportunities.

Dunn's stocks are always highest when he isn't in our squad.

I know we have to be optimistic but I am doubtful of Dunn turning a corner years down the track like, for example, a big Russian has this year.

We are looking for solutions for our forward line but if the coaching staff can successfully address our inconsistent application to games than Bate, Wonna, Sylvia and co. will start kicking goals and we can stop the grass is greener [censored].

Glad someone made this point. There's an annoying habit when the team's struggling a bit for people to convince themselves that various players at Casey are going to be the answers to all our woes. Strauss is a favourite in this regard.

Just checking, incidentally, I hope you realise my quote you use in your signature was pure sarcasm.

Glad someone made this point. There's an annoying habit when the team's struggling a bit for people to convince themselves that various players at Casey are going to be the answers to all our woes. Strauss is a favourite in this regard.

Even moreso having just kicked 8 goals.

edit: Pretty sure Geddy Lee realised that beforehand. It was a memorable post that got a few laughs.

Just checking, incidentally, I hope you realise my quote you use in your signature was pure sarcasm.

Who else has kicked 8 goals in a game on our list this year??

Credit where it is due. Lynden deserves a game on Monday. It is a game where we want to kick a winning score if at all possible.

Dunn's got to be played in the foward line every game as full-foward or as centre half-foward not as some tagger and be given some time to grow in this role. He has all the talent in the world and Bailey has to play him, he is just as tall as Matthew Pavlich so he's got the height and he is 90 odd kg so he also has the body strength. I believe he is the missing link in our foward line.

Oh Dear

8 goals at Casey was a good performance but please put things into perspective

Since when does weight indicate strength ?

The way you are describing Dunn as a talent makes him GC17,s second choice behind Ablett

I long to see Lyndon step up and hold down a key forward position. He has a lot of skills but over the past year has been a bit sloppy at times, eg dropped marks. Generally speaking he has good hands. but one thing I have never seen him do is fly powerfully in a pack and take a strong mark that way. It is confusing because he seems to be able to jump when third man up for a knock out. Unfortunaately he doesn't tranfer that into the pack mark. Just remember 1 to 3 goals will be an acceptable start for him. Don't get fooled by the 8 goals in the VFL. I think it was the dropped Henderson at Carlton similarly got 8. But like most of us I'll be right behind him and I hope he is left forward for the remainder of the year. He could forge out his future in the next 10 games. Miller couldn't

IMO he is far from a gun, but he is far from our worst players too. So far this year I have been impressed with his work rate and the way he presented, yeah he missed some goals but his not the loan ranger. He has for many years been the whipping boy and may not be in the future plans but he has the game too play in our disfunct forward line at the moment, pre his 8 goal effort last weekend think he was unlucky too get dropped and unlucky not tooget a recall earlier

Oh jeez...

Hes a long kick too

Well then, he's a monty to win a Coleman.

Look. I'm hardly one to have a go at someone for unabashed enthusiasm... And I don't mean to be critical of you CM, more power to you...

But I'm getting sick of posters on here coming out saying he's going to be the next big thing as a forward because:

A: He's tall.

B: He's put on weight.

C: He's fit.

D: He can kick it long.

Other than B and maybe C he's been all of those things since he came to the club, and despite Freak's best efforts... He HAAAAS been tried forward, a whole lot, and has been found wanting.

Cast your mind back to earlier this year when he WAS playing forward. He was actually getting a fair bit of it, and due in part to his lack of accuracy, he was dropped. I thought he was stiff at the time, but hey... it happens to most players in their earlier years.

So he kicks 8 in the VFL? Great. He's an instant call-up, even if we had a functioning forward line. But people have to be laughing if they think he's suddenly the answer at FF or CHF for us. He has a VERY long way to go, and has shown only bits and pieces as a forward. He was out of the side for a reason folks. And this isn't a big knock on the kid. I think he'd probably agree, he wasn't playing all that great before he was dropped. And I'm all for him smashing it on Monday, for sure, but fair go... Let's try calling a spade a spade for once?

When Dunn was in his first year there was some clasy highlights that reminded me of a young Schartz sorry.He was very promising in his first year and that was when he was played in foward line

That's twice you have called him "schartz'. Might be simpler for you to call him "Ox".