Booing Travis

I found it hard to believe that folk would boo Travis last Saturday night. My recollection is that he didn't want to leave--indeed that he was upset to do so. May not have fulfilled his great potential but by God he gave us some pretty good moments.

If Buckley gets to play for the Pies against Melbourne do we boo him also?

I found it hard to believe that folk would boo Travis last Saturday night. My recollection is that he didn't want to leave--indeed that he was upset to do so. May not have fulfilled his great potential but by God he gave us some pretty good moments.

If Buckley gets to play for the Pies against Melbourne do we boo him also?

Yeah, that was rough on Trav. But i will boo buckley, mainly because he has kissed my girlfriend before

Agreed. Bad form. There's a Jerry Seinfeld bit on this, how the same guys in different jumpers get booed just because of the change in outfit ("boooooo: different shirt! Booooooo.") Obviously you have to see it to love it, so here it is.

I for one would like to conrgatulate TJ on his 200th league game this upcoming weekend. 160 of them with us before he was sent packing. according to todays HUN

Johnstone's dream when he was selected by Melbourne with the No. 1 pick in the 1997 draft was to be a one-club player...

200 games above the norm

best wishes to him and hope he will be welcomed back with arms wide open once his playing days are done with Brissy

Watching the replay I didn't hear much booing from the crowd...just a few here and there. Nothing like the Woewodin fiasco of 2003.

The crowd should be encouraged to go nuts at McLean.

i agree with the McLean sentiment, and if we win i'll be at the race to give him some more. Travis def didn't deserve to be booed. great player, sorry to see him go.

Guest Balls_Grinter_14

I was filthy at people boooing Trav all night. The guy didn't walk out on us, we showed him the door. He is a life member of the MFC and was a great servent. Think whatever you like about how he went about his footy and just be happy that he isn't making mistakes in the red n blue any more, BUT DON'T BOO THE GUY!!!

If its Scott Thompson or Chook then it's a totally different story. Boo all you like!!

Well done on 200 games Trav. Not sure how many you played with Us but i am guessing over 150 of them.

I for one would like to conrgatulate TJ on his 200th league game this upcoming weekend. 160 of them with us before he was sent packing. according to todays HUN

Johnstone's dream when he was selected by Melbourne with the No. 1 pick in the 1997 draft was to be a one-club player...

200 games above the norm

best wishes to him and hope he will be welcomed back with arms wide open once his playing days are done with Brissy

I concur

I suppose it's just become the norm to boo anyone who has previously played for your club, whether they walked out or not?! It's all a bit off fun - I'm sure he wouldn't be losing sleep over it!

I've never bothered to Boo a former player they've moved on and so should we. Travis was a very good player but never fulfilled his potential with us and I was happy to see him traded and ever happier when we got Grimes. I would welcome him back to the club at any time he was a good bloke and it would be nice to see him around in the future. Chook could see the writing on the wall and he is better off where he is and to be quite honest so are we, good luck to him he has never bagged us so what's the problem.

Chris Johnson, Farmer and Thompson were three that I was annoyed at but that's life, we didn't give Thompson the opportunity he deserved, Farmer wanted to go home but could have waited a couple of years and CJ just walked out on the club.

I've never bothered to Boo a former player they've moved on and so should we. Travis was a very good player but never fulfilled his potential with us and I was happy to see him traded and ever happier when we got Grimes. I would welcome him back to the club at any time he was a good bloke and it would be nice to see him around in the future. Chook could see the writing on the wall and he is better off where he is and to be quite honest so are we, good luck to him he has never bagged us so what's the problem.

Chris Johnson, Farmer and Thompson were three that I was annoyed at but that's life, we didn't give Thompson the opportunity he deserved, Farmer wanted to go home but could have waited a couple of years and CJ just walked out on the club.

Im pretty sure thompson requested the trade, as he is from adelaide. i know his misses and she is from melbourne, and she is homesick, hence the rumors of him wanting to come back, not necessarily to melbourne, but to victoria

Im pretty sure thompson requested the trade, as he is from adelaide. i know his misses and she is from melbourne, and she is homesick, hence the rumors of him wanting to come back, not necessarily to melbourne, but to victoria

There were rumours at the time that there was a member of his family over that was quite ill and he went back to be closer to the family, whether that was true or not I don't know. Can't remember what we got for him but whatever it was we missed out on that deal, he is a very good player. I for one would welcome him back if he decided to return and wanted to play at Melbourne.

Chook could see the writing on the wall and he is better off where he is and to be quite honest so are we, good luck to him he has never bagged us so what's the problem.

Don't necessarily agree on Chook. Not sure what the "writing on the wall was" exactly?

McLean set for Blues

Farmer & Thompson had their home towns luring them, so sort of understandable (just don't come back - but that's whole other thread). For mine - CJ & Brock deserted and are well worth a good old fashioned show of disapproval, aussie rules crowd style. BOOOO!

I have never been inclined to boo anyone... especially players that the MFC has traded or cut loose for whatever reason. But I cant help feeling satisfied when I see players that have left us (no matter what their reason) struggle at their new club either individually or as a team.

Hopefully in a few years time there are some Blues players with big regrets about not choosing the MFC path.

Don't necessarily agree on Chook. Not sure what the "writing on the wall was" exactly?

McLean set for Blues

Farmer & Thompson had their home towns luring them, so sort of understandable (just don't come back - but that's whole other thread). For mine - CJ & Brock deserted and are well worth a good old fashioned show of disapproval, aussie rules crowd style. BOOOO!

Who would you drop to fit him in to the team?

It would have to be Jordie, Jones, Beamer or the Skipper.

I've never had the urge to boo at a game, and agree that the people booing Travis were being a bit ridiculous.

But saying "don't boo Travis, boo McLean instead!" is probably worse, if anything. Part of the reason we got rid of Travis was that even after the best part of a decade, he still had a totally unproffessional approach to his footy; he was uncommitted on the field and (allegedly) a disruptive influence off the field. McLean strove to get the absolute best out of himself during his time at the club, with his output probably exceeding his natural ability at times. He left because -due to a new gameplan that doesn't prominently feature his style of play, and an influx of younger, better midfielders- he realised he was going to have a very limited role in any future Melbourne side. His handling of the situation (during trade negotiations and in the media) seems to have been beyond reproach. Booing either player is stupid, but I can understand booing Travis better than I can understand booing McLean.