Jordy Gysberts

pmg

From Brad Gotch's player review this week:

Jordan Gysberts - Kicks 17, Handballs 7, Marks 6, Tackles 4, Goals 2

Jordan’s ability to win the ball at clearances is great, and he started to get a few extra kicks out in space, and overlap with some run and carry, and use the ball really well inside 50. We’re very happy with his efforts in the midfield.

24 disposals, 6 marks and 2 goals playing in the center? I'd say he's coming along quite nicely.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If his Casey form keeps up he'll be in sooner rather than later. Exciting stuff.

I love having an ace up my sleeve. People know about the kids we have playing, they don't know about the Gyz and Blease who are yet to lace up the boots.

Adds to the buzz of having new kids to develop to take the club up a notch.

Need something to look forward to, can't have all your presents in one xmas!

Alot don't know much about Strauss, Watts and to a certain degree Maric. Some may have forgotten about Jetta, Wonaeamirri and even Jurrah.

You watch all the whinging, whining opposition supporters and commentators with quips come out about our "stockpile" draft picks when we start really flourishing.

I'll enjoy it.

I like the looks of Gys. The kid i'm unsure of is tapscott. Will give him time cause of that cannon of a foot.

tapscott will be our next moloney, just more damaging by foot. i put the number 35 on my new jumper because i like the way he goes about his footy. i love a hard nosed strong bodied kid with a bit of [censored] about them. right up my ally.

From Brad Gotch's player review this week:

24 disposals, 6 marks and 2 goals playing in the center? I'd say he's coming along quite nicely.

Gotch often uses the word "cleanness" in his player review comments about Gysberts. It's actually hard to give an idea of how remarkable he is with his "cleanness".

Try to imagine a one-touch pick-up in traffic at full pace and in the same movement spearing out a 20m handpass to a colleague moving into space. Or winning the ball at a stoppage, lifting his eyes just enough and then a flat hard 40m footpass on to the chest of a leading forward.

That's Gysberts' level of "cleanness".

Edited by Akum

Gotch often uses the word "cleanness" in his player review comments about Gysberts. It's actually hard to give an idea of how remarkable he is with his "cleanness".

Try to imagine a one-touch pick-up in traffic at full pace and in the same movement spearing out a 20m handpass to a colleague moving into space. Or winning the ball at a stoppage, lifting his eyes just enough and then a flat hard 40m footpass on to the chest of a leading forward.

That's Gysberts' level of "cleanness".

Its called a touch of class

Most players who have it make the grade

Which grade is yet to be determined

We've got A LOT of aces up our sleeve.

Brad Scott tried to comment on how they had all these kids and were a younger team than us... That's because most of our kids are still that young and skinny/raw/injured that they aren't in the squad yet.

The solid if unspectacular performances of guys like Dunn and Bartram, and the older heads, this year have been an unexpected bonus. Let's face it, most of us were genuinely worried that McDonald was running out of time at the top as we went into this season.

The depth of our list means kids aren't being played ahead of good time, and will have a longer career for it.

And then of course there's the OTHER ace up our sleeve. The last piece in the Jack puzzle.

With Gysberts I expected Carlton to feel heat for the Brock trade in about 3 years time...

Looks like we won't even have to wait that long.

i love a hard nosed strong bodied kid with a bit of [censored] about them. right up my ally.

You love a hard nosed strong bodied kid with a bit of [censored] about them right up your alley. mellow.gif

Fair enough.

Is this still a footy forum?

Good call. Been really unimpressed with the Gawn kid too. Get a game you hack.

He is just on the long term injury list so how can he get a game. Stop judging new plaers without knowing the whole story behind it, he is a long term prospect who may well not play in the next 2 years(for Melbounre that is).

He is just on the long term injury list so how can he get a game. Stop judging new plaers without knowing the whole story behind it, he is a long term prospect who may well not play in the next 2 years(for Melbounre that is).

Fail.

Yeah Blease is a hack as well. Hasn't made it so cut him :)

Too many on this forum don't look at the history of the new player, he has just turned 19 and had a horrific broken leg last year, having very limited preseason as well. I think for his development Melbourne would be happy if he played 3-4 games this year

Too many on this forum don't look at the history of the new player, he has just turned 19 and had a horrific broken leg last year, having very limited preseason as well. I think for his development Melbourne would be happy if he played 3-4 games this year

Have you ever heard of sarcasm?

Are you that stupid?

Saw Gysberts play for Casey on the weekend against Coburg.

Composed, smooth mover, good overhead, wins contested ball and uses it well by hand and foot and also runs to create options outside.

Listed at 189cm and 82kg so needs to build up a bit but that will come with a few pre seasons and he will be bigger bodied mid he was drafted to be with flexibility to go forward as well.

I came away pretty confident that Carlton fans are not going to look favourably at the trade of Brock for the pick used on Gysberts.

Edited by demoniac

And they said this was a weak draft!

(yes, I know, it was about depth... But try explaining that to the general football public)

We have drafted very well if you Factor in Bail & Jordie Mckenzie who were virtual unknowns before this year. Danny Hughes is now a Mature aged Recruit....it goes on. B)

Fantastic! Needed a good laugh.

Are you paul hopgood? (played 113 games for the dees), You were my favorite player back on the day. I like a hard nut

Whenever I think of Hopgood I think of how Wheels was robbed of a spot in the 150 heroes. Sorry, Paul!

Whenever I think of Hopgood I think of how Wheels was robbed of a spot in the 150 heroes. Sorry, Paul!

Whenever I think of Hoppy I think of a player who's first instinct was to run back towards the opposition goal and then run in either a circle or a huge arc. Loved him but just wished he could have run in a straight line somet