my 3 word player analysis V The Tilers

joeboy

Ill try H.

There were a number of occasions were he was caught with the ball stupidly. Some of his disposals today weren't fantastic, and put other under pressure.

Having watched the second half again when I got home last night I reckon you're being very harsh. Just about every disposal hit their target, but a couple of times he took the long option. Dunn's mark and goal being one case in point. Every player gets caught with the ball occasionally (Rioli got Ablett at least twice last week), but I recall only one error of judgment in this regard. His handballs were superb. Amazing reflexes. Loved his game.

I don't see he, or Trengove, playing for Casey any time soon. Bailey is rotating them on and off the ground very well and they're often lining up on the wing, which helps protect them from undue physical burdens. They're exceedingly fit, so if they're recovering well I think they'll continue to be played. They need as many games at AFL level as possible.

I see zero benefit of them playing at Casey.

Edited by Hannabal

There were a number of occasions were he was caught with the ball stupidly. Some of his disposals today weren't fantastic, and put other under pressure.

Scully wears No. 31 - not no.32.

Did Rich get omitted in his first year ? He learnt a great deal in the seniors last year.

I can't understand why some people want to send Scully and Trengove to Casey, they are in our best 22 and unless their body's need a rest, which you would give them a week Off, or form drops they should play at AFL level.

Joel MacDonald might have something to prove this week. Let's hope he does to Brisbane what ex-Melbourne players have always done to us.

I seem to remember Farmer, Brian Wilson and a few others killing us in the past when playing back against us.

Some wanted him dropped this week for Newton

You have to love Melb supporters.

To be fair, Han, they wanted him dropped for Sylvia. Just so happens that that would have allowed Newton to stay in the side.

I think almost everyone knows the importance of getting games into a future star like Scully over someone who may not be on the list next year. It's just that some thought Newton would add value as a second ruck and forward target, and coming off a couple of average games, and with most everyone else playing well, Scully was one of a couple in the firing line to be left out.

For what it's worth, just to be clear - I wouldn't have dropped Scully! But I can see the merit in having Newton in, with Dunn a very poor next best option in the ruck.

Expect to be having this same conversation again this week. Some will want a second ruck option in against the Lion's two quality rucks. That's a legitimate opinion to have. If Moloney survives the tribunal (should be a certainty), then someone may need to be dropped for either Newton, Martin or PJ.

That said, I'll come back on topic with this:: Scully - Justified No.1 status

Having watched the second half again when I got home last night I reckon you're being very harsh. Just about every disposal hit their target, but a couple of times he took the long option. Dunn's mark and goal being one case in point. Every player gets caught with the ball occasionally (Rioli got Ablett at least twice last week), but I recall only one error of judgment in this regard. His handballs were superb. Amazing reflexes. Loved his game.

I don't see he, or Trengove, playing for Casey any time soon. Bailey is rotating them on and off the ground very well and they're often lining up on the wing, which helps protect them from undue physical burdens. They're exceedingly fit, so if they're recovering well I think they'll continue to be played. They need as many games at AFL level as possible.

I see zero benefit of them playing at Casey.

haha, on watching the reply H, I will concede that his 2nd half was much improved on his 1st.

But as I made refernece to, its more of a reflection of his games over the last 2 weeks, not just on this game. As I said, it was his best game to date. But the mistakes were there.

I am all for him to continue playing seniors, but they will be looking for bigger bodied players this week. Selection will be tough.

Scully wears No. 31 - not no.32.

Did Rich get omitted in his first year ? He learnt a great deal in the seniors last year.

Rich was making a bigger impact to that the Bears, that what Scully is making at the moment. Mainily to to the players around the mentioned players, but neverless, a bigger impact imo.

This isnt a Scully bashing exercise - how can you, hes a gun. I was merely pointing out some obervations.

Rich was making a bigger impact to that the Bears, that what Scully is making at the moment. Mainily to to the players around the mentioned players, but neverless, a bigger impact imo.

This isnt a Scully bashing exercise - how can you, hes a gun. I was merely pointing out some obervations.

Rich also had a year of senior football in the WAFL before he was drafted.

No chance Scully will be dropped.

To be fair, Han, they wanted him dropped for Sylvia. Just so happens that that would have allowed Newton to stay in the side.

I think almost everyone knows the importance of getting games into a future star like Scully over someone who may not be on the list next year. It's just that some thought Newton would add value as a second ruck and forward target, and coming off a couple of average games, and with most everyone else playing well, Scully was one of a couple in the firing line to be left out.

For what it's worth, just to be clear - I wouldn't have dropped Scully! But I can see the merit in having Newton in, with Dunn a very poor next best option in the ruck.

Expect to be having this same conversation again this week. Some will want a second ruck option in against the Lion's two quality rucks. That's a legitimate opinion to have. If Moloney survives the tribunal (should be a certainty), then someone may need to be dropped for either Newton, Martin or PJ.

That said, I'll come back on topic with this:: Scully - Justified No.1 status

Thanks for explaining the patently obvious to me. Next time I'm unclear on something I'll send you a pm to help me out.

Cheers

Sorry I feel like I need to re write this, due to the unreadable sentence.

Rich was making a bigger impact to the Bears at that time, than what Scully is making at the moment. Due in part, to the talent that he also had around him, but neverless, a bigger impact. ( But I guess you got what I meant )

Rich also had a year of senior football in the WAFL before he was drafted.

No chance Scully will be dropped.

I agree Rhino, the 2 should have never be compared to begin with.

I dont think he will be dropped ether.

Sorry I feel like I need to re write this, due to the unreadable sentence.

Rich was making a bigger impact to the Bears at that time, than what Scully is making at the moment. Due in part, to the talent that he also had around him, but neverless, a bigger impact. ( But I guess you got what I meant )

I agree Rhino, the 2 should have never be compared to begin with.

I dont think he will be dropped ether.

did Rich debut in 1987? Bears?