DEES Injury list

dee-luded

DEES Injury list as at 11 March - Approximate return Rnds

- Aaron Davey – Adductor Soreness –Test ---- Rnd 1

- Cameron Bruce – Hamstring – Test -----------Rnd 1

- Matthew Bate – Quad – Test -----------------Rnd 1

- Neville Jetta – Groin – 1-2 weeks-------------Rnd 1

- Colin Sylvia - Jaw - 2-3 weeks? ---------------Rnd 2?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

- Colin Garland – Foot – Test ------------------Casey Rnd 1

- Jack Watts – Back – 1-2 weeks --------------Casey Rnd 1

- Sam Blease – Ankle – 1-2 weeks ------------ Casey Rnd 1

- Paul Johnson – Foot – 4 weeks ---------------Casey Rnd 2-3

---------------------------------------------------------------------

- Cale Morton – Knee – 8-10 weeks ----------Casey Rnd 7

- Liam Jurrah - Shoulder – Indefinite -----------Casey Rnd 10

- Daniel Bell - Shoulder – Indefinite ------------Casey Rnd 7

- Max Gawn – Knee – Indefinite ---------------Casey Rnd 11

- Luke Tapscott – Hip – Indefinite --------------Casey Rnd 11

- John Meesen – Ankle – Indefinite -------------?????????????

Edited by dee-luded

Spoke to Cameron today (me the idiot called him Craig...still embarrassed not sure what got into me) he said Col spoke to him and it would be 2 weeks but the footy Dept thinks 4 weeks. He only broke 1 side.

edit :gramma

Edited by gOLLy

I have read somewhere that Rivers is no certainty for Round 1. Does anyone know anything about this?

I'm also concerned by the amount of time Davey is taking to get over adductor soreness. From reports he seems to have been sore since before the intra-club match at Casey.

I'm a big Aussie fan, but he did not look fit at all on Saturday. I realise that it's hard to get fit when you're injured all the time but he did not look like an athlete.

I also find it frustrating that players such as Garland and McNamara who have been on the list for a few years haven't bulked up all that much. If they were at any other club they would probably have another five kilograms of muscle.

I have read somewhere that Rivers is no certainty for Round 1. Does anyone know anything about this?

I'm also concerned by the amount of time Davey is taking to get over adductor soreness. From reports he seems to have been sore since before the intra-club match at Casey.

Davey to me seemed very heavy around the hips and top of legs on the weekend. He was running sluggishly (and I guess just out there for a run).

When he was standing next to Kerr he looked pretty chunky and not at all an 'athlete'. Maybe it was an optical illusion but I remember thinking he looks some way off his best shape.

I'm a big Aussie fan, but he did not look fit at all on Saturday. I realise that it's hard to get fit when you're injured all the time but he did not look like an athlete.

I also find it frustrating that players such as Garland and McNamara who have been on the list for a few years haven't bulked up all that much. If they were at any other club they would probably have another five kilograms of muscle.

Just maybe -maybe the football dept is not being as effective as I have indicated many times over the last few months, hey????? and the facilities may not be as good as others thought???

Just maybe -maybe the football dept is not being as effective as I have indicated many times over the last few months, hey????? and the facilities may not be as good as others thought???

I started this topic to show some positives,,,,,,that many of our players are just around the corner,,,,,,and that our run home in the second half of the season most will be available,,,,, with plenty of pressure for team places.

This is not a grieving place to spread doom & gloom.

Maybe our weights weigh less than other clubs. Maybe it's hard getting fully fit with a torn hamstring. Players like Garland, McNamara, Morton and co. are young and won't reach top playing weight until their mid 20's. Shocking isn't it, having to wait for all this to happen!

Edited by Roost It

Agree.

dee-luded, do you have an approximate on Wonaeamirri yet ?

I spoke to him @ half time, he was a bit sheepish re his reinjuring himself, seemed a little low on confidance, he said he twinged it but didn't seem certain of its degree. He was to get a scan.

I got the impression that it wasn't much of an injury, but rather he felt something, & he was returning to the bench when I think it may have been Garland or someone else looked to have suggested he go up the race to see the Doctor.

this makes me think its not severe but more a dilemma as to why these problems are recurring. Who knows, many young guys don't know how to manage their bodies as a preventative measure to injuries.

I could speculate because Wanna is a big body type, a muscular frame, who puts weight on easily, maybe one like that could lack stretch & flexability in their muscles they've built up in the gym, shortening the muscle body, maybe causing lack of stretch & consequently popping them.

You don't often see endurance athletes with massive muscular frames, but in AFL we ask players to run a mini marathon & at the same time be a sprinter & a weightlifter.

I think it may take some time to figure out how Wanna should manage & maintain his particular body type so he can avoid muscle injuries.

It'll be worth the wait.

I think it may take some time to figure out how Wonna should manage & maintain his particular body type so he can avoid muscle injuries.

Thanks dee-luded.

Whilst I've not in the past had recurring hamstrings problems, I have done a hamstring before and I can understand how much time goes into preparation and managing just during rehabilitation alone. Then there is having the confidence in the body once you start running again. One can't imagine the impact this would have to Wona mentally. There would be a fair degree of doubt about his capacity to overcome this immediate hurdle he faces, again.

Regarding his body type, I believe it is important in order to give your best chance of overcoming this injury and returning to playing to the level required at AFL, by being particular in managing and maintaining his body; playing weight. He would need much assistance and guidance monitoring throughout rehab to return, as I'd imagined he already would have received during prior and after Christmas (when injured last).

These requirements I believe must be met by Aussie for his own sake. Let's all hope he can overcome it.