Welcome (back) to the Dees - Michael Newton

Bring-Back-Powell

If we all agreed, this would be a very boring place. IMO Newton has been a dud, I hope he improves but I would have preferred to take a younger option.

That said the decision was made by the club to give him 2 years probably as a knee jerk reaction to Neitz retiring and a weak FWD line. This was the stupid decision (with hindsight), from then on the club has been fulfilling promises to him which i dont hold them responsible for post the decision.

I hope he improves but dont see it happening. You either want to be there or you dont, Juice always looks ho-hum.

That said the decision was made by the club to give him 2 years probably as a knee jerk reaction to Neitz retiring and a weak FWD line. This was the stupid decision (with hindsight), from then on the club has been fulfilling promises to him which i dont hold them responsible for post the decision.

Exactly. Relisting him after delisting was not the mistake, it was the only feasible choice. Contracting him in the first place was the mistake -- and even then I believe the logic behind it was sound, it just turned out to be a bad decision.

Newton is a dud - In my opinion that's being nice :o

I really worry about you sometimes.

should have added a poll to this thread, are you happy with Michael Newton being picked up as a rookie??

unfortunately not many people think so.

Why many are unhappy that Newton has been picked up as a rookie has little to do with him being picked up as a rookie; it is more to do with him having a contract in the first place. Most of us understand and appreciate that the MFC has the integity to enter into an agreement and be true to their word.

Why many are unhappy that Newton has been picked up as a rookie has little to do with him being picked up as a rookie; it is more to do with him having a contract in the first place. Most of us understand and appreciate that the MFC has the integity to enter into an agreement and be true to their word.

Quite correct. Those who dont understand are drawing the wrong straw.

• 4 weeks later...

Seems to have improved in attitude since being dropped to a rookie. Hard at the ball, seems quicker and a better kick. Could make it yet. Some of us mature later than others.

Seems to have improved in attitude since being dropped to a rookie. Hard at the ball, seems quicker and a better kick. Could make it yet. Some of us mature later than others.

The fact no other team even pretended to have a look at him, might just have been the kick in the head he needed.

We can only hope.

The fact no other team even pretended to have a look at him, might just have been the kick in the head he needed.

We can only hope.

Quite possible.

Also the realisation that we have other rookies who are genuine contenders for promoting next year means he has his work cut out just in competing with them for a future.