Jumper Numbers

DemonDing

When does the official list come out?

I want to buy my nephew a jumper and sew a new player's number on it so I need the official numbers.

I'm guessing that any new player whose number hasn't already been made official (trengove, scully) is likely to have a high number that will change in the not-too-distant future...

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Per haps its not till February so as to give those new players and other young players wanting to change numbers a chance to earn a certain number. Per haps they will see how hard people work over pre season and then allocate? Maybe i'm clutching at straws....

It was interesting to hear Green say Scully and Trengove were given historic numbers because they had earned it during their junior career. Fair enough id say.

I can think of a good reason......BECAUSE THEY WANT TO.... athletes are very superstitious and they all have their favourite numbers that they feel better running around in. If they want a particular number....im sure we can put up with a little confusion for a round or two at the start of the season....

My lucky number is 88. Can I wear that?

Agreed with the post before, pick a number and make it your own instead of pissing about with it. There should be a statue to Shaun Rehn for staying #52.

Jurrah had the chance to put #48 on the map, now he's just another 24.

Agreed with the post before, pick a number and make it your own instead of pissing about with it. There should be a statue to Shaun Rehn for staying #52.

I think that's the point though, when they come to the club they usually don't have a choice - after a few years they get the chance to pick a number.

I think that's the point though, when they come to the club they usually don't have a choice - after a few years they get the chance to pick a number.

Then they pick a low one.

It's only a matter of time before some self-loving tool chooses 69 though.

My lucky number is 88. Can I wear that?

Jurrah had the chance to put #48 on the map, now he's just another 24.

Thats a bit rough non jurrah i think, i thought it was Robertson who wanted to hand the number to him, and if you get a great of the club wanting to give you a number, you dont decline.

Besides, if your worried about what number he will be remembered for, think Stynes, (no. 11) not no. 37

who cares

Besides, if your worried about what number he will be remembered for, think Stynes, (no. 11) not no. 37

who cares

That makes no sense. Of course you don't remember him for 37 because he changed it.

Numbers freaks everywhere care :wacko: