• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

West Coast trading

Old Gregg

Another un-educated comment.

You obviously have not seen what Rohan, Cunnington or Stevens have done this season in both TAC Cup or the Championships.

in all fairness do you know how good Maric might be ?? :) I watched Maric a bit, at VFL and AFLgames and he has something. Before his injury I beleive as part of his experimentation Bailey not only wanted to harden him up a bit but to see how he faired away from his preferred goals. But goals are his territory and I would wager bailey was very careful not to let him spend to much time there...Now next year............ :lol:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JACKtheRIPPER
So now its not necessarily the kid, its our club and the fact we had a poor turnout in the 3rd last game of a season in which we won't play finals?

Don't be so weak, back the club in to keep the kid.

i hope they do keep the kid,were you there sunday? i was, now playing for the demons isnt the juicy proposition that you people think it is,i just hope they no watt there doing,2nd picks dont come along everyday.

So now its not necessarily the kid, its our club and the fact we had a poor turnout in the 3rd last game of a season in which we won't play finals?

Is it weakness to look at past examples? Last year we had two players (that I know of) who told their clubs that they absolutely DID NOT want to be traded to Melbourne in Prismal and Warnock. They may not have been players we really wanted, but we could have been in the mix for both in terms of our trading options. We all know that Warnock went chasing the fast cash at Carlton, but what was Prismal's reasoning? Perhaps the club just doesn't have a lot of currency with a lot of players.

Another un-educated comment.

You obviously have not seen what Rohan, Cunnington or Stevens have done this season in both TAC Cup or the Championships.

No, I just really really rate Maric and he's had 2 years of development put into him.

Great call back the club. Too many Melbourne supporter don't get behind the club at times myself inclued but now I'm older understand a bit more and I see that we seem to have a plan on a off field to get some SUSTAINED success.

The last time we took a player best suited for the teams "balance" was Luke Molan at 9 or something gee that was a success.

TAKE THE BEST 2 KIDS IN THE LAND!! when was the last time we had a midfielder that was in the top 10 players in the comp. In 5 to 7 years we might have 2

Great call back the club. Too many Melbourne supporter don't get behind the club at times myself inclued but now I'm older understand a bit more and I see that we seem to have a plan on a off field to get some SUSTAINED success.

The last time we took a player best suited for the teams "balance" was Luke Molan at 9 or something gee that was a success.

TAKE THE BEST 2 KIDS IN THE LAND!! when was the last time we had a midfielder that was in the top 10 players in the comp. In 5 to 7 years we might have 2

Exactly.

Judd may have wanted to go home, but Carlton were made to pay to get him.

WC came out of it quite handily.

Moreso than if they had've taken a WA boy instead. Graham Polak anyone? Ashley Sampi?

Even if you trade a gun player eventually, he's still an asset and you can realise that value.

Edited by Enforcer25

Exactly.

What did we get for Thompson? I can't remember.

I do remember that we were shafted on the Jeff Farmer deal.

You just can't bank on these things going our way. History shows that we have been shafted in these trades more often than not.

Guest JACKtheRIPPER
Exactly.

Moreso than if they had've taken a victorian instead.

Even if you trade a gun player eventually, he's still an asset and you can realise that value.

you have no idea,wat asset did we ge for scott thompson, NO COMPARRISON,and WC done ok out the judd deal, :lol::lol: thats why the blues are looking at a double chance, and WC are third last.

you have no idea,wat asset did we ge for scott thompson, NO COMPARRISON,and WC done ok out the judd deal, :lol::lol: thats why the blues are looking at a double chance, and WC are third last.

Ok, so you're judging it well ahead of time.

What about in 2 years time when Kennedy has fully come of age, as has Masten and Notte? Judge it then genius.

And because we allowed ourselves to be manhandled in the Scott Thompson trade means we will do it again? Not likely.

Best available.

I knew there was a reason I set your moronic posts to be ignored.

What did we get for Thompson? I can't remember.

I do remember that we were shafted on the Jeff Farmer deal.

You just can't bank on these things going our way. History shows that we have been shafted in these trades more often than not.

Thompson deal I believe we got Moloney.

He's had a pretty rough run of injuries but he's hardly a spud.

Guest JACKtheRIPPER

moloneys not a spud, but we got badly touched up in that trade.

Guest JACKtheRIPPER
Ok, so you're judging it well ahead of time.

What about in 2 years time when Kennedy has fully come of age, as has Masten and Notte? Judge it then genius.

And because we allowed ourselves to be manhandled in the Scott Thompson trade means we will do it again? Not likely.

Best available.

I knew there was a reason I set your moronic posts to be ignored.

are you reading watt your posting fool,anyone could touch you up, now if you ignored posts, dont reply to them mate.

Look yes we got shafted because we prob didnt run things too great back then but i think things have improved. I'm sure we have alot of players on our list that are drafted outside of Vic. Why aren't we scared that Bennell wants to go home?

Also as i said. maybe i didnt explain it properly but i think more young kids will find themselves out of there home states with the way the WAFL and SANFL is recently being compared to the TAC cup and the new teams coming in. If there wasn't a clear cut 1 & 2 players in this years draft i would be with you but it seems to be Pick 1 - Tom Scully Pick 2 - Jack Trengove Pick 3 -...Daylight

If we did get Moloney out of that trade i dont think the FD did that bad only beacuse at the time they were both prob at the same level. Beamer was regarded pretty highly at Geelong and Thompson was only up and coming.

Edited by Clanger King

same level, watt would you prefer steak or sausage, no disrespect but ones a matchwinner and the others not.

.... Yes but at the time who knows what both could have turned out to be. Hindsight a [censored]. Just gotta get over Thompson, [censored] bloke if you want to leave somewhere that game you your opportunity.

Guest JACKtheRIPPER
.... Yes but at the time who knows what both could have turned out to be. Hindsight a [censored]. Just gotta get over Thompson, [censored] bloke if you want to leave somewhere that game you your opportunity.
this is for everybody on demonland, if you want good players to embrace the club,TURN UP TO THE GAMES, GO DEMONS.

Thing that pisses me off with the Thompson deal was Adelaide passed on him in the first place. They had a pick well before ours but went for a young up and comer in Meesen.

Realisticly Adelaide wasted there pick but they got a gun midfielder by virtually default. When Meesen comes good next year though we will shove it back up them and wave on the way past as we rise up the ladder and they slide down it.

Thing that pisses me off with the Thompson deal was Adelaide passed on him in the first place. They had a pick well before ours but went for a young up and comer in Meesen.

Realisticly Adelaide wasted there pick but they got a gun midfielder by virtually default. When Meesen comes good next year though we will shove it back up them and wave on the way past as we rise up the ladder and they slide down it.

You sure they were in the 'same' draft mate?

this is for everybody on demonland, if you want good players to embrace the club,TURN UP TO THE GAMES, GO DEMONS.

That is a fair call. Would you prefer to play in a team that plays in front of 15-20 thousand, or 40-50?

Let's hope a Jurrah and Watts combo will start bringing Demon fans back to the games, and also create some new supporters.

Sorry mate.. don't think he is a [censored] bloke at all.... he got drafted away from his state to play AFL its not like we picked him up in the rookie draft gave him five seasons to mature then he left....

In todays professional football environment I think the players are entitled to leave the club for cash etc etc... Look at Robbo, Whelan and Wheatly they are all good enough to play AFL next year but don't fit into the clubs plans so are disgarded....

Sorry mate.. don't think he is a [censored] bloke at all.... he got drafted away from his state to play AFL its not like we picked him up in the rookie draft gave him five seasons to mature then he left....

In todays professional football environment I think the players are entitled to leave the club for cash etc etc... Look at Robbo, Whelan and Wheatly they are all good enough to play AFL next year but don't fit into the clubs plans so are disgarded....

I love all 3 but i dont think Robbo, Whelan or Wheatly would be on any AFL List next year. They haven't performed in a side that is on the bottom of the ladder. Ok [censored] bloke is maybe a bit to far but i think ppl have to get over the fact that Scott Thompson left. I mean if he was still on the list i dont think he would be regared as high here as he is over in Adelaide. We would still be on the bottom and when we come good he will be about 30-32. Lets just look forward getting Scully and Trengove