15th on the ladder

Dappa Dan

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good on melbourne today at the g,

liam jurrahs mark in the 2nd quarter was a ripper, right infront of the cheer squad :)

off the bottom of the ladder is good, but the first draft would of been better for next year,

go dees

Can someone tell me the scenarios??

say we win 4 and finish 15th what do we get??

If we finish 15th with 4 wins:

Assuming WC win more than 4 and finish above us, then we'll get picks 1 and 3.

Should WC also finish with 4 wins (and still finish above us), then we'll get picks 1 & 4 (WCE will get picks 2 & 5).

Should we finish with 4 wins and above WC, then we'll get 2 & 5 (WC will get 1 & 4).

Whoever finishes 16th (Freo likely at this stage), will get the first pick of the 1st round. If Melbourne and WC both qualify for PP, then that pick will be #3.

Pick 1 and 3, I think. Freo will get 2.

Well then thats ok, any one could of beat the port adelaide that turned up today.

With Wce and freo in the derby anything can happen.

Rich vs Nrth again richmond have been ok lately.

The matches that could stuff us up.

Melb vs Richmond MCG

Melb vs Kang TD

Melb vs Freo MCG

Lets hope the staff arent as stupid as we think and let freo win, by giving players like Hueghs valenti mcknenzie and bail a crack.

"It's not the system, its us running our list into the ground over the last 6 or so years."

Well said Dee-Luded.

Blaming the system is just a cop out- good clubs learn to work with it.

We didn't back then and suffered.

Yes, it would be nice to have top picks at the end of the year.

But, it is also important for the current playing group to change from a "we did our best" culture to a "winning" culture.

Planning to tank as many of the posters here suggest, is very dangerous for both the current playing group and future Demons.

In an ideal would I'd like honourable losses to Richmond, Kangaroos. Can't see us losing to Fremantle at the 'G.

Playing Hughes, Valenti, McKenzie and Bail wont make us lose. Theyre not much different from the likes of Bell, Dunn, Jetta if you follow my drift.

I don't hate the priority system at all. I'm thankfull for it.

The reason's our list is in the shape it was last year & this year that I'm REALLY [censored] OFF about.

I'm thankfull the draft & priority pick has helped us with Blease & Watts, Jurrah, Maric the other year speeding up our rebuild. Do you guys realise where we'd be without those extra picks?

It's not the system, its us running our list into the ground over the last 6 or so years.

Out of the players you've listed, Blease was the only priority pick, and we may well have got him at pick 19 anyway (at the expense of Strauss)

Think what you want, but supporting your team when they're down the bottom of the ladder is hard enough without begrudging the few wins you do have. Personally, I hate feeling this way.

In an ideal would I'd like honourable losses to Richmond, Kangaroos. Can't see us losing to Fremantle at the 'G.

Playing Hughes, Valenti, McKenzie and Bail wont make us lose. Theyre not much different from the likes of Bell, Dunn, Jetta if you follow my drift.

True but changing things around could effect the team in general.

I just dont want to beat freo :(

cant believe im saying this

I'm really intersted in how you'd go about orchestrating loss after loss without the rest of the football world knowing,

Who in the hell cares who knows or senses what's been done ?

It's not hard to do if you're serious.

We'll know how ruthless the club is over the next few weeks. Five wins will be diabolical.

Unless of course you're a supporter that is satisfied not seeing another flag any time soon. And yes, amazingly it's not the be all and end all for many of you.

Absolutely agree.

MFC need to manage its year end outcome.

In consecutive weeks we have played two sides that have willingly flown the white flag.

MFC needs to be careful.

Calm down people, we haven't won 5 yet. I've said since the start of the year that the ideal finish would be off the bottom with 4 wins and I still think thats the aim. Picks 1&3 or 1&4 would be fine with me, still leaves us with Scully and a Trengove, Lucas, Morabito or even Rohan.

I dont care where we finish and I dont care about the priority pick as long as we get the first pick.

After missing out on Rich last year (Dont worry I'm happy with Watts), the last peice to the rebuilding puzzle is a classy midfielder. Missing out on Scully would be fatal in my opinion.

Absolutely agree.

MFC need to manage its year end outcome.

In consecutive weeks we have played two sides that have willingly flown the white flag.

MFC needs to be careful.

WCE yes, but Port had A LOT to play for. They are playing for finals and aren't going to get anything out of tanking games. That was a very very poor effort from them but i don't think they 'willingly' flew the white flag.

Why don't you have a little holiday from your computer before you lose all credibility. I didn't want to win either but venting your frustration with incoherent drivel is going to help.

I'm happy to discuss footy issues and i'll argue my opinion until the cows come home but I won't enter into a personal insulting match.

Have fun.

This is the first time I have felt the need to contribute to this site. And like Bangkok Demon, I am disappointed with the negativity. Personally, I want Melbourne to win every game that they play - I was at the 1964 GF and I want that feeling again - but we are not going to do it by 'tanking'. Even the thought makes me angry.

Yes, we beat a rubbish side today, but I saw some things that make me confident of the future. We have a defence that is working together well, and happily that includes Jared Rivers slowly returning to the form we know he's capable of producing. We have a forward line that is starting to work. Jurrah is the most exciting thing to happen to the MFC in a long time, Petterd seems to be learning what the game is all about at AFL level, and we still have Aussie to come back. Unlike some others, I think our midfield is starting to learn what's required of them. The efforts by McLean and Jones over the last couple of weeks have been a real positive. And I have been delighted with the way that Jamar has stood up over the last couple of games.

Added to all of that, we have some exciting talent still developing. Watts is going to need 2 - 3 years to make his mark, then there's Blease, Strauss, Bail, Bennell, Jetta and others who are all going to improve, given time and good pre-seasons.

I despair sometimes at our lack of skills - how many handballs today ended up at the feet of teammates and how many short passes dropped short of the intended target? However, the skills are without doubt an improvement on 2008 and I expect the skills of the team in 2010 will again show improvement. Bailey and his coaching staff need time to develop the kids they have got now and I'm confident that we will see continuing growth and developemnt in everyone, even the senior players.

The priority pick would be excellent but I refuse to accept that it is the end of the world if we don't get the PP. And the fact is, we still have to win two more games before we lose it. Nothing can be taken for granted (except perhaps a win against the Dockers!!).

So, instead of all this gloom and doom, let's be happy for the boys who won today - hearing them sing the song at the end of the game brought a tear to the eye because they were passionate and happy. The least we can do as Demons supporters is show them that we enjoy their success and want more of it.

I am proud of my Club. Our President would never go out on the ground to deliberately lose a game and I am delighted that we have a group now who are also not prepared to accept that outcome. We will get better and we will succeed.

This time last year, the club (especially the team) was at the lowest level I have experinced, in my 50 years of following them.

I agree, we were as bad as Fitzroy was in their last years. This year in comparison the club has a different vibe around it with Watts and Jurrah creating alot of that excitement. How did we manae to get those two players?

By finishing last.

I'm happy to discuss footy issues and i'll argue my opinion until the cows come home but I won't enter into a personal insulting match.

Have fun.

Mate, I apologize if that offended you but your posts often make alot of sense and a couple of the things you posted in the moments straight after the game didn't meet your usual standards. It's been a strange day with some strange emotions. I didn't want to win today either but I'm yet to hear from anyone how we can actively go about tanking without destroying the fabric of our club and sending a pretty damning message to our playing group. Nothing would give me greater joy than to see Scully and Trengove/Morabito at our club next year but some of the stuff that has been posted on here since the win (yes win) has been amazing.

Mate it's a simple question, how? If it's not hard, explain how it should be done.

C'mon ! You're the teacher. It's not hard to work out.

I'll even correct it for you.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

The WCE that beat the reigning premiers and pushed an undefeated St Kilda for most of the game?

The Port that is chasing a finals spot?

Or did we beat some other teams that I missed?

C'mon ! You're the teacher. It's not hard to work out.

I'll even correct it for you.

How about you answer my question. How does the club orchestrate losing 6 of the last 7 games of the season? Please consider the impact of any football department decisions that are perceived by the playeing group to be made in the hope of losing games rather than winning games. What stance would our sponsors be taking? How would individual players react to being told that they need to have a rest?

Edited by Goodvibes