Casey Scorpions v Bendigo Bombers

KC from Casey

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and bucks and wonna

Two of our forgotten men this year! Bucks may not have the greatest disposal but his run and pace from half back and through the middle has been missed. And Wonna, well, he will slot very nicely back into the forward pocket at the feet of Watts, Jurrah and co.

We still have alot to look forward too!

Three quarter time: Casey 13.14.92 to Bendigo 4.1.25

All 4 Bendigo goals have been scored in time on. We are giving them an absolute bath and you can feel the confidence riing as every minute passes. The opposition has quite a few Bomber listed players but they aren't playing with any system and, at times, it's looking like a training drill.

Two of our forgotten men this year! Bucks may not have the greatest disposal but his run and pace from half back and through the middle has been missed. And Wonna, well, he will slot very nicely back into the forward pocket at the feet of Watts, Jurrah and co.

We still have alot to look forward too!

Simon Buckley will be back in two weeks. We saw him last night at an aftermatch function and he's looking fit and training well without any groin pain. Addam Maric is being operated on this coming week.

Casey Scorpions 4.5.29 8.10.58 13.14.92 21.17.143

Bendigo Bombers 2.0.12 3.0.18 4.1.25 5.2.32

Goals

Casey Scorpions Newton 4 Dunn Waite 3 Miller Silvagni 2 Bartram Bell Creed Johnson McGough Stockdale Valenti

Bendigo Bombers Bellchambers Houli Quinn Weekley Williams

Best

Casey Scorpions Bell Johnson Silvagni Wall Stockdale Dunn

Bendigo Bombers: Houli Hurley German Flaherty Quinn Myers

any more updates??

Just arrived from a freezing cold Casey Fields. As you can imagine from the scores it was a pretty one sided contest with Casey dominant all over the ground. The fact that Casey had a few players missing from injury (including skipper Kyle Matthews) made little difference. The last quarter was a bit of a cakewalk and, at one stage Lynden Dunn kicked three goals in the space of about five minutes when he was moved up forward. He also had a hand in a few others.

Michael Newton had a good game and was unselfish, worked hard and tackled hard. Daniel Bell was strong and unrelenting with his tackling and Paul Johnson dominated in the ruck and around the ground. Casey tried a few blokes who came up from the reserves and all of them did well.

Trent Zomer booted five in the reserves.

P1010347.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll put in a full report - probably tomorrow night.

Miller not in the bests? Hmmm, against the VFL's whipping boys, and after being dropped, you'd expect him to have a day out. Disappointing for Brad.

Happy to see PJ 2nd best on after being dropped, hopefully his confidence is back on the way up. Bell, Dunn and Juice keep pushing for selection, despite being out of favour with the FD (and generally not good enough at AFL level). Those 3 are playing for their careers. There's some good healthy competition for spots at the Dees, but who would u drop after Saturday's win?

Terrible news about Strauss and Maric, was really looking forward to seeing James debut this year, but we'll just have to wait.

Also, did Danny Hughes end up playing? Another player I was really hoping to see him in the red and blue sooner rather than later, hopefully this adductor strain isn't too much of a setback. He needs to be given a chance before the year is out.

Highlight:

Chip and Ricky after their second win for the season somehow thinking that they deserved to park in the closest car space to the gate, only to discover that that "car space" was in fact a ditch, and that commodores do not make good 4WDs. :lol:

News from the rooms is that Maric and Strauss were not selected because both had shoulder reconstructions during the week and will miss the rest of 2009.

Whaaaaat!!!

My thoughts exactly. Real shame for both guys. Was hoping Maric would be back soon and Strauss would get a game late in the year. Oh well, guess it gives others a chance.

The Casey Reserves have recorded a big 110 point win over bottom of the ladder Bendigo.

Casey Scorpions 6.6.42 10.14.74 15.22.112 26.25.181

Bendigo Bombers 6.0.36 9.2.56 9.4.58 11.5.71

Casey Scorpions 4.5.29 8.10.58 13.14.92 21.17.143

Bendigo Bombers 2.0.12 3.0.18 4.1.25 5.2.32

A combined 89 shots to 23 from both games. Must be worrying for the Bombers that their VFL team and their reserves both stink.

News from the rooms is that Maric and Strauss were not selected because both had shoulder reconstructions during the week and will miss the rest of 2009.

That's disappointing. These boys need games under their belts.

Is Liddle still playing, how is he going?

Miller not in the bests? Hmmm, against the VFL's whipping boys, and after being dropped, you'd expect him to have a day out. Disappointing for Brad.

I think you're being a bit harsh on Brad, the game was such a one sided contest that just about everyone for Casey had a pretty good day and choosing the best is hard task. His opponent for most of the day was the highly rated Michael Hurley and I thought Miller played really well.

I think you're being a bit harsh on Brad, the game was such a one sided contest that just about everyone for Casey had a pretty good day and choosing the best is hard task. His opponent for most of the day was the highly rated Michael Hurley and I thought Miller played really well.

Fair enough. As i said earlier, i didn't see the game, although I don't think it's too unfair to expect him to dominate or at least make the bests when he goes back to VFL level.

So we have PJ, Miller and Newton as our first 3 choices to come in.

That is some quality right there.

Fair enough. As i said earlier, i didn't see the game, although I don't think it's too unfair to expect him to dominate or at least make the bests when he goes back to VFL level.

So you take notice of who's named in the best and use that as your guide to how players have performed when you're not present ?

FFS

So you take notice of who's named in the best and use that as your guide to how players have performed when you're not present ?

FFS

What would u suggest?

Until more detailed match summaries are posted, that's all i've got to go on.

FFS

I had nothing on for Sunday and got down there for the start of the seniors; it was cold, very, very cold.

It was like Casey firsts were playing Casey seconds, literally; I assume that the early game was like Casey seconds playing Casey thirds. I don't think that we can take anything much out of the game at all. I don't see that Essendon can take anything out of it either; how you can judge a players performance playing in a team that gets flogged every week is beyond me. Peter Schwab has his problems; the performance of Bendigo is chief among them.

Miller was ok; he was closely marked and if that was Hurley doing the marking, I can see why there are big wraps on him. Newton was ok, probably better than Miller, but his kicking is still extremely suspect. Dunn just did about whatever he wanted, wherever he wanted. Valenti was Valenti, Cheney was good, Mckenzie continues to impress, Bail was ok; disposal still a problem.

The only thing of note is that I now know that Cheney's nick name is fetta, pretty obvious really.

Edited by undeeniable

I had nothing on for Sunday and got down there for the start of the seniors; it was cold, very, very cold.

It was like Casey firsts were playing Casey seconds, literally; I assume that the early game was like Casey seconds playing Casy thirds.

Can't argue with that. It was very much a snooze and, as you can imagine, difficult to assess the relative performances.

Good news is that Casey is now in fourth place after coming from a long way down following a thrashing at Sandringham in round 1 and a narrow defeat to Port Melbourne in Round 2.

FWIW here are some of the pertinent stats from the game(s). I've included Trent Zomer's effort in the reserves - he kicked 5.8!

Clint Bartram - 17 kicks 12 handballs 4 marks 8 tackles 1 goal 0 behinds

Daniel Bell - 14 kicks 18 handballs 6 marks 1 goal 1 behind

Kyle Cheney - 12 kicks 8 handballs 6 marks

Lynden Dunn - 17 kicks 7 handballs 9 marks 3 goals 2 behinds

Paul Johnson - 14 kicks 10 handballs 8 marks

Jordie McKenzie - 9 kicks 8 handballs 4 marks

Brad Miller - 9 kicks 9 handballs 6 marks 2 goals 3 behinds

Michael Newton - 13 kicks 8 handballs - 4 marks 7 tackles 4 goals 3 behinds

Shane Valenti - 7 kicks 8 handballs 1 mark 1 goal 0 behinds

Matthew Whelan - 5 kicks 13 handballs 1 marks 5 tackles

Trent Zomer (Reserves) - 17 kicks 4 handballs 12 marks 5 goals 8 behinds

It was like Casey firsts were playing Casey seconds, literally; I assume that the early game was like Casey seconds playing Casy thirds. I don't think that we can take anything much out of the game at all. I don't see that Essendon can take anything out of it either; how you can judge a players performance playing in a team that gets flogged every week is beyond me. Peter Schwab has his problems; the performance of Bendigo is chief among them.

Essendon have stated that they will go it alone next year and dispense with the Bendigo alliance. Its not surprising the alliance on the field is faltering. I suspect Bendigo will fold and leave the VFL if they cant find another alliance. I understand that going it alone is not a viable option for them.