Last night's game against Essendon

BringbackViney

why can't Moloney be Captain - he has inspiration and guts - we need someone like him - we have no-one else - as tough - sylvia is too. I don't think McDonald has it as Captain - not like Neitz he was the best captain ever - always running up and patting everyone on the back - we need a Neitz, Schwartz or Todd Viney - bring back Viney.

why was the third quarter such a rabble? I have read all the articles how we will be good in 4 years - but do we have to watch this rubbish until then.

four teams I hate with a passion - Collingwood, Carlton , Essendon and Hawthorn and we let 2 of them do this to us. Fourth quarter to Moloney's credit was good - Davey has to learn not to give the ball away under pressure - then again he is only small - Watts will be good. I want to know where are Wheatley and Woneamirra (spelt wrong) at least they can kick goals and my not be as flash as the other players but we can't do any worse - can we than 1 game.

Also I wish everyone would stop saying I think we have a chance to win tonight ( and I guess they are giving the supporters hope) but it makes us look very stupid when we lose.

jack grimes is being labelled a future captain simply because he was the northern knights and vic metro captain and given a leadership award. he has to produce regularly on field though and fix his kicking up a tad.

Watts, Mclean, Green, Bruce, Grimes, Jones, Moloney, Miller, Davey and Sylvia have all been mentioned as future captains. It seems fashionable these days to label a young player as a future captain. they cant all be captain

I want to know where are Wheatley and Woneamirra (spelt wrong) at least they can kick goals and my not be as flash as the other players but we can't do any worse - can we than 1 game.

Wonnaeamirri is injured. Has been all year.

Wheatley is struggling for form at Casey. This is his last year, and it wouldn't surprise me if he only gets 1 or 2 matches towards the end of the year. Our future certainly doesn't lie with Wheatley.

also on the topic of last nights game.

I think we need newton :unsure: we lacked a solid strong forward to kick to deep, it was always robbo and he was out number and he isnt tall enough to be that player. I think newton shoudl be brought it against brissy and given a proper chance to show he wants to play at this level. This is year to do it whats to lose.

I think we need newton :unsure: we lacked a solid strong forward to kick to deep, it was always robbo and he was out number and he isnt tall enough to be that player. I think newton shoudl be brought it against brissy and given a proper chance to show he wants to play at this level. This is year to do it whats to lose.

We had Miller, Jurrah, Robertson and Watts all playing forward at times last night. Each of them would be equally as good at taking a contested mark as Newton is.

The problem was that the forwards weren't in the right position. They were too far up the ground to be a decent target for our defenders/midfielders.

I don't think Newton is showing that he's improving at Casey. He needs to be kicking bags of goals or taking lots of marks (preferably both) against VFL opponents before he gets another chance at AFL level.

why can't Moloney be Captain - he has inspiration and guts - we need someone like him - we have no-one else - as tough - sylvia is too. I don't think McDonald has it as Captain - not like Neitz he was the best captain ever - always running up and patting everyone on the back - we need a Neitz, Schwartz or Todd Viney - bring back Viney.

why was the third quarter such a rabble? I have read all the articles how we will be good in 4 years - but do we have to watch this rubbish until then.

four teams I hate with a passion - Collingwood, Carlton , Essendon and Hawthorn and we let 2 of them do this to us. Fourth quarter to Moloney's credit was good - Davey has to learn not to give the ball away under pressure - then again he is only small - Watts will be good. I want to know where are Wheatley and Woneamirra (spelt wrong) at least they can kick goals and my not be as flash as the other players but we can't do any worse - can we than 1 game.

Also I wish everyone would stop saying I think we have a chance to win tonight ( and I guess they are giving the supporters hope) but it makes us look very stupid when we lose.

Davey giving the ball away under pressure? Do you mean turnovers? Because he would be the last person to face criticism for his disposal, certainly at Melbourne and he'd be among the best in the league. Maybe you're thinking someone else - Bennel, Jetta?

Wonaeamirri has had a string of injuries, that's why he's out.

Wheatley has been out with injury early, and is now at Casey doing 'ok'. Almost certain to be gone end of year as he fails constantly to apply defensive pressure, and turns the ball over routinely because he has very poor decision making.

Anyway, I like you're suggestion that we stop saying we're a chance to win games. I think that's something the club and fans should really take on board. And the players, too, especially the young guys. I think it's really important that they worry as much as possible about looking stupid when they try to do something and it doesn't work out.

Moloney just isn't smart enough for mine. Still makes over zealous tackles, still makes up and under kicks and goes for passes he doesn't have the skill for. He has had a reasonable season by his standards but that is not enough. Other players will streak past him in prominence, potency and leadership in the next few years. Moloney will still be a useful list player for us for the long term though as we don't have much of a midfield brigade.

Jill, you need to eat some cement, and HTFU! Like it or not, we are going to cop some fearful floggings in the remainder of this season. Hard cold facts are that our kids will eventually drop off due to their light frames, limited pre seasons etc. That happens with most teams. The good teams can cover that with their more seasoned and experienced players. Unfortunately we don't have that luxury. Our senior, experienced, top, call them what you like, players in my opinion, are simply not good enough. Compare Geelong's top 5 players, Ablett, Johnson, Bartel, Selwood and Corey. Then ours Green, Bruce, Davey, Sylvia and maybe Moloney, and it gives you a fair idea why we are 16th. But that is a cross we have to carry! We will be bottom 4 for at least another 3 years in my opinion. Personally I can put up with what was dished up in that 3rd qtr. This is not a quick fix Bailey is doing here. But when it starts to bear fruit , I can guarantee we will have sustained success. So Jill..........suck it up.

Jill, you need to eat some cement, and HTFU! Like it or not, we are going to cop some fearful floggings in the remainder of this season. Hard cold facts are that our kids will eventually drop off due to their light frames, limited pre seasons etc. That happens with most teams. The good teams can cover that with their more seasoned and experienced players. Unfortunately we don't have that luxury. Our senior, experienced, top, call them what you like, players in my opinion, are simply not good enough. Compare Geelong's top 5 players, Ablett, Johnson, Bartel, Selwood and Corey. Then ours Green, Bruce, Davey, Sylvia and maybe Moloney, and it gives you a fair idea why we are 16th. But that is a cross we have to carry! We will be bottom 4 for at least another 3 years in my opinion. Personally I can put up with what was dished up in that 3rd qtr. This is not a quick fix Bailey is doing here. But when it starts to bear fruit , I can guarantee we will have sustained success. So Jill..........suck it up.

Yeah well maybe I will eat some cement - and as for sucking it up - I have been going along for a lot of years now and sucking it up (you're talking to an older lady here) - just concerned about the club that's all - also you would have to be not very bright to know that we aren't going to have a few floggins this year - maybe we should leave all comments to you - HTFU to you too - (whatever that means)