Walk to the G

Yencks

I didn't go last year, but judging by the footage, I think it was a bit bigger last year.

There was still a decent crowd though, even though there were mass piles of flags that were not given away due to the overestimation of the turn out.

Nevertheless, it was good fun. I enjoyed seeing Schwabby, Barrasi, Stynesy, Bailey and co speak, as well as Jimmy giving a big thanyou toward Conolly which I think is very well deserved.

Good to hear from the women football representatives.

I thought it was good for Jimmy to get all the kids on stage and the walk itself was great. We were close to the front and it was good to look back at the sea of flags...

I can't wait til we start winning and double the people rock up.

Any further comments, photos or questions, put em here...

Ahhh! this morning was a proud moment for me and my family.

When Jimmy asked all the kids to join him on stage I promptly got my son up there who is to turn 2yo next month. I thought it was a great sight to have the kids all up there.

Much to my surprise Jimmy picked my son up and to get him to draw the winner of the raffle. I was proud as punch. We got some great photos and its a moment that I and hopefully my boy will remember for the rest of his life.

It was although unfortunate that the rest of the day wasn't followed with such pride. I was pretty disappointed with the performance today.

But I'm glad that I could take the whole family and some friends along today to enjoy the festivities.

Gippy

Ahhh! this morning was a proud moment for me and my family.

When Jimmy asked all the kids to join him on stage I promptly got my son up there who is to turn 2yo next month. I thought it was a great sight to have the kids all up there.

Much to my surprise Jimmy picked my son up and to get him to draw the winner of the raffle. I was proud as punch. We got some great photos and its a moment that I and hopefully my boy will remember for the rest of his life.

It was although unfortunate that the rest of the day wasn't followed with such pride. I was pretty disappointed with the performance today.

But I'm glad that I could take the whole family and some friends along today to enjoy the festivities.

Gippy

that was your son! that's fantastic

To see all those flags behind the goals and on the wing as the players entered the ground prior to running through the banner sent shivers down the spine. Felt great. It was our home ground. If we could get the same support for our home games as we do on Queens Birthday, it will inspire the players. It's intimidating for the opposition - Magpie supporters mentioned it too me before the game Ie. Saying, "looks like the Dees day today". "well organised", "they're ready". Of course that all changed 20 minutes into the first quarter.

I recommend that "Walk to the G" should happen more often in a season. Ie. 3-4 times a season. It's great seeing all those flags.

To see all those flags behind the goals and on the wing as the players entered the ground prior to running through the banner sent shivers down the spine. Felt great. It was our home ground. If we could get the same support for our home games as we do on Queens Birthday, it will inspire the players. It's intimidating for the opposition - Magpie supporters mentioned it too me before the game Ie. Saying, "looks like the Dees day today". "well organised", "they're ready". Of course that all changed 20 minutes into the first quarter.

I recommend that "Walk to the G" should happen more often in a season. Ie. 3-4 times a season. It's great seeing all those flags.

it would be great wouldnt it! but it wouldnt be as big as the QB one...

I hope they at least do it on QB everyear, because when we start winning, this is going to get even bigger...

btw, credit to the old administration for thinking of this idea...

All right all you young smart ones, I have a few photoes of the walk I would like to put on this site.

But heres the killer I dont know how, so as I now have the photos on " MY DOCUMENTS" how do I get

them here? Please keep it very simple as I am old bastard and am an idiot.

If it is simple enough it will put on a freebe, our next forward line.

If you go to the "form help" board in the help with an avatar thread, I've given a description of how to do it there, only obviously instead of putting it in your sig, you click on the "insert link" button when posting

Back again. Pardon my stupidity but what is an Avatar?

I told you I was ignorant.

Please slowly as I dont know nufing.

Go to http://imageshack.us/

you might have to make an account, not hard just email and password

Click browse to search a photo from your harddrive

Once uploaded, go to the image and look at properties

Then copy the address in the "hotlink to forums" category and paste it into a fresh post, using the "insert link option".

it wont accept my email ad.

I didn't go last year, but judging by the footage, I think it was a bit bigger last year.

There was still a decent crowd though, even though there were mass piles of flags that were not given away due to the overestimation of the turn out. ......................................

Agree that the turnout seemed a little smaller than last year. I also noticed that a lot of supporters took their flags from last year, which may account for some of the apparent over-estimation.

None-the-less, a great event, which IMO should be institutionalised for the Queens Birthday clash.

I wish people took their flags to every game.

It looks great with the sea of red and blue flags - if anything it just makes it look like there's a lot more of us there!

It was a shame we didn't get to see them raised all that often during the game.

Still, really impressed with the event. It looks fantastic to look behind you and see a sea of demons as far as the eye can see (far too much use of the word sea/see there but cannot be bothered editing...)

Will go next year if its on.

We get one aftermatch function a year (this game). We've got one fantastic function organised before a game once only (this game). I was volunteering at a post in Fed Square on Monday morning and spoke with supporters that had come from Hobart, from Alice Springs, from Perth, from the Gold Coast, from Cobram, to name a few. It's a wonderful occasion to gather all red and blue supporters together in terrific spirits as the team behind the team. Our team let all these supporters down in the 1st quarter at the 'G , but we need to come together to give each other a lift in these dismal times of few wins and remind us all why we're red and blue through and through, remind us why we love showing our colours because the journey up will be all the sweeter for having endured the down times. Functions like this help us stick together.

RED & BLUE through & through, always!