• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Wallace GAWN!

deesrock

Either way, I wouldn't mind Richmond staying put with Wallace until the seasons end and striving for the finals. At least a few wins in the next few weeks by Richmond should suffice. ;)

5 or more should be sufficient to really hurt them next year and the year after as well. Could be the next contender for that dirty M word with Nth

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is best for Melbournefc? Seperate thread needed. I know we can only control our own destiny, however with respect to Richmond. Are they in denial about re-building? They have yet to admit they need to. By keeping Wallace on they may as well deny? He has failed and failed badly over 5 years. Is Wallace still wanting to make the finals? Its irrelevant what Wallet wants now. The players are not responding to him. And he does not have the backing of the RFC Board.

Is the last 24 hours about the teams resolve in still striving for finals (despite being 1-7); as well as keeping Wallace on for the season? No. RFC dont know what the next move is and are vascillating. The issue is more that they have recognised that the past 5 years has failed and they do not have a plan B.

Has the board backflipped under pressure from the players? No. The players have nothing to do with it. There is a big clean out coming at Tigerland and the players would be looking for their own skin.

Maybe the board has given him the chance, until finals are mathematically an impossibility. Ie. 11 losses. Oh dear. The Board has shove its head deeper in the sand. The media is going to circle the Club and make it look it as stupid and inept as it is appearing now.

I may have mentioned after Wallace survived after Round 4, that the board would not move until the split round. ie Round 12. On what basis? At 1 and 6, a number of poorly performing and injured senior players (Richo and Cousins), they're stuffed. The media is going to slow BBQ the Club until Round 12. Its dysfunctional and intolerable behaviour by the Club. Its time to cut the losses and move forward.

Clearly, there is unrest. Really? :lol: It may also have something to do with obtaining the best possible new coach. Ie. Nathan Buckley/Leigh Matthews or Kevin Sheedy. If they cant sack an existing coach they wont be able to appoint a new one. And it may not be an AFL experienced coach. Given Matthews almost had the senior players walk out on him at Brisbane I doubt whether Matthews will get another gig in AFL.

There would be many forces at work here. Including that of Assistant Coaches such as Wayne Campbell who has the respect of the players. I think this is a terrible position for assistant coaches and not a good position for them at all to be in at all. Dispirited playing group. Disjointed off field. No clear mandate from the Board. Media speculation.

Either way, I wouldn't mind Richmond staying put with Wallace until the seasons end and striving for the finals. At least a few wins in the next few weeks by Richmond should suffice. Given my disdain for Richmond neither would I. However they have as much chance of the finals this year as MFC

See comments in bold.

Love the HUN website - changed form WALLACE SACKED to TIGERS IN CRISIS TALKS - they are backing down already. I must look like a total tool now but honestly, the headline was WALLACE SACKED - I promise.

The Herald Sun wrote that Wallace had been sacked: see here.

But they weren't alone: see here.

Richmond needs to part ways with Wallace and bring in a caretaker for the remainder of the year. All this speculation and innuendo and focus on Wallace and his future at the club are taking their toll. IMO, it would be best for the club to just let him go and end all the crap.

How do you know it was speculation?

There may have been a leak from an RFC source and the Board has backflipped on the leak.

If they were basing it on speculation, then there should have been reports that Wallace was sacked after Round 1.

FWIW, I dont think the Press are wrong in this. If it is indeed "speculation" and I dont think it is, the speculation is so close to the truth its not funny.

Either way, Richmond just look stupid in their whole management of this issue. They have had a full year to deal with this scenario and a good seven weeks to contemplate their next move. They look inept and its all their fault.

A source close to the Herald Sun told me.... ;)

I have had the displeasure of on several occasions seeing exactly how the media make a story out an unrelated loose fact.... Its actually quite an art, but it doesn't make it right.

I have had the displeasure of on several occasions seeing exactly how the media make a story out an unrelated loose fact.... Its actually quite an art, but it doesn't make it right.

Very True it is. Happens way more times than you think.

You are surmising what you think has occurred without understanding who the actual source was of the initial report and what actually transpired. Whatever you experienced may not have necessarily occurred in this situation.

Its interesting that RFC's rebuttal of the initial media article did not include the unequivocal support of Wallace until the end of the season. Talk about a limp handling of the matter

If the Press were speculating then they could have run this sort of story anytime over the past seven weeks. There is good reason to think that the Press did have a credible source at the Club who gave information based on the Club's intentions to act. However like many of these situations there may have been awkward legal complications that may still be worked through on the contract.

The whole situation surrounding Wallace's future has been a Chinese water torture which is an unnecessary and malignant distraction to the Club on and off the field. Its been coming for sometime and the Club does not have the where with all to handle it professionally and effectively. There is a good chance today's fiasco was triggered from an element within the Club and that in itself speaks volumes of what is happening at Tigerland.

And it will only get worse for them.

NB: Maybe James Hird knows a little more about the media game than others who claim too. <_<

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl...8-19742,00.html

Maybe it was Mark Robinson who came to that conclusion, who may have been itching to grab the first exclusive, but simply jumped the gun by putting two and two together. When he checked his additions, it added up to 5? Too late the first headline went out.

Big tick here. Mark Robinson has acknowledged he was proven wrong - SEN. His source may have been Wallace himself, prior to the meeting. Anyway back to the debacle that is the Tigers. They're having a mid-season review (which is just a couple of weeks away!; the coaching position is part of this). What a joke!

Richmond needs to part ways with Wallace and bring in a caretaker for the remainder of the year. All this speculation and innuendo and focus on Wallace and his future at the club are taking their toll. IMO, it would be best for the club to just let him go and end all the crap.

Agree. James Hird has stated, Wallace's position is untenable.

NB: Maybe James Hird knows a little more about the media game than others who claim too. <_<

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl...8-19742,00.html

Sure does.

unbelievable allogations. If he doesn't have the players why is he coaching? Time to resign terry if this is true!

Maybe its not the coach that has to go but the players. I think Terrry Wallace is a good coach but the players are doing their best to get rid of him instead of playing football. All I can say for the richmond players is "Put your your own mind on Your own Job". Their mid season review should also look at the playing list as well and remove wannabe player/coaches from the list.

Maybe its not the coach that has to go but the players. I think Terrry Wallace is a good coach but the players are doing their best to get rid of him instead of playing football. All I can say for the richmond players is "Put your your own mind on Your own Job". Their mid season review should also look at the playing list as well and remove wannabe player/coaches from the list.

Why should 4,5 or 6 players go instead of the coach? The coach is the one who IS finished. He should go. Reading Caro's article, there is a player divide. They're gone, it's no good for the players, James Hird is right. The season is finished, Terry should have the decency to walk (he won't), or the club should make the decision (all ready too late). The contractual obligations appear to be holding the club back from severing ties with Wallace immediately. The whole thing is a balls up.

Here is the article from page 1 of this thread, from today's Age: -

Johnson led Tiger revolt

Wallace, in turn, believed he was facing the sack on Monday night and revealed as much to at least one associate, which explained the misreporting of his fate which took place two days ago.

TICK TICK TICK, the clock is ticking!

unbelievable allogations. If he doesn't have the players why is he coaching? Time to resign terry if this is true!

I agree Monty, unbelievable. The likes of Johnson, Simmonds and King would be on the fringe at Richmond under Wallace. They see no need for him to continue until the end of the season. But if he was removed from the scene, one would think it 'might' (from their point of view) enhance their game time and probably save their football careers under a new coach.

I agree Monty, unbelievable. The likes of Johnson, Simmonds and King would be on the fringe at Richmond under Wallace. They see no need for him to continue until the end of the season. But if he was removed from the scene, one would think it 'might' (from their point of view) enhance their game time and probably save their football careers under a new coach.

All three I understand are out of contract this year and finished in the AFL.

There is a big broom that is going to sweep them and Wallace with others out of Tigerland.

This is an average week for Richmond...They will finish 9th.

I doubt it.

But it would be good for MFC if they do get more than 5 wins this year.

• 2 weeks later...
About an hour ago on SEN Keven Bartlett said that his mail was that Wallace would coach this week and then sign off. Wouldn't surprise me. We'll see in 13 minutes I guess.

Hopefully they can get up over the Bulldogs for him ;) . But you can bet your bottom dollar the Bulldogs from Smorgon down, will not want to lose to Wallace.