Wallace GAWN!

deesrock

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought he was gone when they said last week they wouldn't do anything until the mid season review. No coach under pressure can survive the dreaded "The board and players are behind you 100%" public speech!!!

Love the HUN website - changed form WALLACE SACKED to TIGERS IN CRISIS TALKS - they are backing down already. I must look like a total tool now but honestly, the headline was WALLACE SACKED - I promise.

Love the HUN website - changed form WALLACE SACKED to TIGERS IN CRISIS TALKS - they are backing down already. I must look like a total tool now but honestly, the headline was WALLACE SACKED - I promise.

I saw it too. Still the HUN have been been the type of publication that lets pithy little details like facts get in the way of a good story!

It did say that.

They do that

This is another example of brilliant media management by the Tigers. One day there not interested in Benny the next day they have drafted him!!

Wallace is finished as a Coach and the vultures are circling for the kill.

Richmond are such a rabble.

If as they claim, that he never was sacked and that everything is hunky dory, why didn't Wallace turn up to training today?

Little bit odd for the senior coach to miss training, and instead watch "game tapes" at home. Surely that can be done some other time, especially during a media crisis

Richmond are such a rabble.

If as they claim, that he never was sacked and that everything is hunky dory, why didn't Wallace turn up to training today?

Little bit odd for the senior coach to miss training, and instead watch "game tapes" at home. Surely that can be done some other time, especially during a media crisis

Maybe it was Mark Robinson who came to that conclusion, who may have been itching to grab the first exclusive, but simply jumped the gun by putting two and two together. When he checked his additions, it added up to 5? Too late the first headline went out. Must note the current article is 'staff writers' now. Not sure regarding The Age. Sportal had "Wallace walks".

Maybe it was left to the players devices to determine if Wallace to see the season out?

As RR has pointed out, the vultures are certainly circling off the field. So too the paparrazi now. The players will be in deja vu, this time however it has nothing to do with Cousins.

The Herald Sun is definitely looking very silly for jumping the gun on the story.

Yet where is Wallace? Surely the best solution when there are strong rumours that you've sacked the coach, is for the coach to lead training as normal.

Something still ain't right.

The Herald Sun is definitely looking very silly for jumping the gun on the story.

Yet where is Wallace? Surely the best solution when there are strong rumours that you've sacked the coach, is for the coach to lead training as normal.

Something still ain't right.

I am no fan of the Hun but I dont think they look silly at all through this. Richmond on the other hand...... <_< .

Richmond has no alternative but to come to a definite decision on Wallace. They are like the nervous guy on the edge of the diving board without no ability to work down the tower stairs. They are going to have to jump.

The longer Richmond leave this the worse they will look and the more malignant the instability.

Richmond should also be looking to gently "retire" off some senior players (eg Brown, Bowden and Simmonds) toward the end of the season as well.

Its a complete rebuild at Richmond and the sooner they get moving on it the better for them.

Another example of Ambulance Chasing Journalism.

IMO we require much more stringent controls over 'endorced' news media (eg. Age & Herald Sun). It should not make a difference if it is online or in print. In either case, if they report speculation as fact, they should be reprimanded.

'About as much credibility as a Collingwood Supporter with a full set of teeth'

IMO we require much more stringent controls over 'endorced' news media (eg. Age & Herald Sun). It should not make a difference if it is online or in print. In either case, if they report speculation as fact, they should be reprimanded.

How do you know it was speculation?

There may have been a leak from an RFC source and the Board has backflipped on the leak.

If they were basing it on speculation, then there should have been reports that Wallace was sacked after Round 1.

FWIW, I dont think the Press are wrong in this. If it is indeed "speculation" and I dont think it is, the speculation is so close to the truth its not funny.

Either way, Richmond just look stupid in their whole management of this issue. They have had a full year to deal with this scenario and a good seven weeks to contemplate their next move. They look inept and its all their fault.

What is best for Melbournefc? (get back to this later in the post)

I know we can only control our own destiny, however with respect to Richmond. Are they in denial about re-building? Is Wallace still wanting to make the finals?

Is the last 24 hours about the teams resolve in still striving for finals (despite being 1-7); as well as keeping Wallace on for the season?

Has the board backflipped under pressure from the players?

Maybe the board has given him the chance, until finals are mathematically an impossibility. Ie. 11 losses.

I may have mentioned after Wallace survived after Round 4, that the board would not move until the split round. ie Round 12.

Clearly, there is unrest. It may also have something to do with obtaining the best possible new coach. Ie. Nathan Buckley/Leigh Matthews or Kevin Sheedy.

There would be many forces at work here. Including that of Assistant Coaches such as Wayne Campbell who has the respect of the players.

Either way, I wouldn't mind Richmond staying put with Wallace until the seasons end and striving for the finals. At least a few wins in the next few weeks by Richmond should suffice. ;)After all that might be what is best for Melbournefc.

*Note: edited