Colin Wisbey's Top 40 (well almost)

alpha33

Correct.

Not only that. How many times was Morton in the clear, screaming for the ball with no opposition within 30mtrs of him and they kick it to a 3 on 1 contest............ ?

My thoughts exactly. We must develop a tough, light and durable helmet for Cale that has a flashing light at the top that he can turn on to attract the attention of the ball carrier. At The Dump, I sit in the third level and it was one of the more frustrating things watching games there this year to see Cale thirty or forty metres in the clear and the ball carrier not even seeing him, the players inside the ball carrier not telling him that he was there, the runner, the waterpeople, anybody ...

I know it is a lot tougher at ground level, but ...

Thanks shaft,

His slight build affecting his ability to own a position and affecting his roundedness ie flexibility.

Not to be patronising but you don't need a comma after "patronising" or "it". ;)

Too right. I know its incorrect, but i prefer to break up my sentences with commas to indicate a pause. Adds a bit of tone. For me anyway.

There! I did it again without even meaning to. ;)

Too right. I know its incorrect, but i prefer to break up my sentences with commas to indicate a pause. Adds a bit of tone. For me anyway.

There! I did it again without even meaning to. ;)

I have to take issue with you there Shaft; I think your use of the comma was correct.

From the moment I saw Blease at Telstra Dome v WA 18's, I had him in my top 10 for this draft because he addressed more than one major need for the club. And, as many of the experts (but not Wisbey) said, he ticked a lot of important boxes. This kid might take some time but I reckon he's going to be something special if properly developed by the club and when he matures as a player.

There was a passage of play in that game when he tackled a player on the boundary line and then followed up, grabbed the ball and kicked a goal from the 50m arc that had me thinking that was bloody special. I think we were very lucky to get him with our pp.

My thoughts exactly. We must develop a tough, light and durable helmet for Cale that has a flashing light at the top that he can turn on to attract the attention of the ball carrier. At The Dump, I sit in the third level and it was one of the more frustrating things watching games there this year to see Cale thirty or forty metres in the clear and the ball carrier not even seeing him, the players inside the ball carrier not telling him that he was there, the runner, the waterpeople, anybody ...

I know it is a lot tougher at ground level, but ...

The problem with Cale was last year when he turned side on, he disappeared completely from being soooo totally skinny.

A pre-season in the gym will alleviate this making him stronger and more visable :lol:

Some were ranked early based on upside compared to the alternatives. Most of the "touted" draftees who didn't make my top 40 or so were kids I viewed as being dodgy decison-makers / users and/or kids for whom I struggled to identify an AFL role they might be capable of "owning".

He doesn't claim to not rate them, that's just his possible explanation for those that didn't make it

Guest hangon007

Lets not all get tooooooo carried away here.

IMHO one of the biggest mistakes many people do is look at players in isolation and

try to judge them over a handful of games.

AFL football is a team game ... where right and wrong decision cannot be based on

how many stats some kids can or cant get. ( Dreamteam thinking :lol: )

If history tell us nothing else not all players progress at the same rate ...

for numerous reasons ie injury, opportunities, attitude, coaching, game plan

etc etc etc (far to many to mention)

If you look at Wiseby's comments over the two years we have done superbly.

We now have the nucleus of a very young competent side and over the 2 years

we have some very exciting prospects to look forward too.

We have a very strong platform to build from.

Im not here to defend Wiseby but IMHO he bases his judgement on "raw talent"

IMHO raw talent means jack-[censored] in the scheme of things.

I would take the likes of Grimes, Maric, Blease, Strauss, Watts & Morton over many others anyday.

Why ... Quality individuals - quality "Kids" that I would be proud to say represent the future MFC.

It's just his personal viewpoint and he's by no means perfect. Gourdis over Palmer says it all IMO.

I used to enjoy his stuff and respect that he's entitled to an opinion but he's fallen in my estimation recently. The 2007 and 2008 drafts have done it for me. Tom McNamara might well turn out to be an AFL player one day but to place him ahead of a Teal Cup winner in Cale Morton is sheer nonsense.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.