Pre Season Phantom Draft

alpha33

I want sibosado or rockliff

but MFC like to make weird decisons and love blokes that cant kick... eg. godfrey,bell,bartram,brown etc so dont be surprised if they take De Boer!!!!!!!

;)

did you not see the players we took in the national draft, clearly we are only picking up players that can kick.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it will be De Boer!

Posted by goose 4/12.

"We want Simpkin or Sibosado....... FACT!

and nowadays it costs money to have someone train with you..... as we are strapped you might find that we dont have anyone train with us but we will go the cheap option and watch players like (i hope Simpkin and sibosado) from over the fence at other clubs......

maybe not though.... we will see.....

oh and gugliotta not hard enough at the contest"

And we will get natanui

and davey is going to port

etc etc

If there is a bookie out there that will take a bet on Deboer not going to melb in the PSD get on it people :lol:

no HT im here just waiting for you to get involved!!

lets wait and see on Tuesday!!

and if im right you Freak, shaft and dandeeman will hear from me......

i got it on record!!

if im wrong i will take the bashings.....

Fair enough, & you'll get my praise ... but i think there's better chance of us picking up Brent Grgic

the law of averages suggests that one of these days you will get one right, then maybe not.

FWIW deboer may be rookied by someone, maybe even us, i don't think he will be picked up in the PSD.

Natanui i was wrong about but it was alot closer than you think.....

I put my hand up and say i was wrong with that and happy to except all the flak i get!

no different with my tip on De Boer

He cant kick you Goose.

Bailey doesn't want anymore of these types and nor do I.

i'll give goose some credit for admitting he was wrong about Naitanui, however whether we were 'close' or not to picking him is irrelevant as you said that he was a 'certainty'. oh well, better luck next time

that next time could be tuesday Freakazoid!

Gone Cold on De Boer but not totally freezing..... i hope im wrong!

A TWO-TIME state representative for WA at under-18 level; an All-Australian in 2008; invited to the NAB AFL draft camp; rated among the top 30 prospects by junior talent guru Kevin Sheehan; senior experience at WAFL level … and still overlooked in last month’s national draft.

Star youngster Matt DeBoer ticked all the boxes one could hope to leading into the NAB AFL Draft in November.

His state coach, Andrew Lockyer, and club coach at Claremont, Roger Kerr, agree the 18-year-old is a ripper.

Perhaps the only doubt on DeBoer is his kicking, although selectors at this year’s NAB AFL U18 Championships didn’t think that was too shabby when naming him in the centre of this year’s All-Australian line-up.

But draft day brought only disappointment for the University of Western Australia student.

Kerr, the father of West Coast star Daniel, said DeBoer was shattered at having been overlooked on November 29.

Kerr believed the young midfielder had been contacted by Fremantle and Melbourne since the national draft in regards to possible rookie positions. But he has continued to train with Claremont and must again wait anxiously next Tuesday to see if he will earn a chance at AFL level. Kerr certainly believes DeBoer is worthy of one.

“He’s been a regular in our league side and an All-Australian in the under-18s … and he was averaging about 20 touches a game for us and doing fairly well when he was at senior level,” Kerr said.

“His kicking’s maybe the only knock on him because it’s maybe a bit of an awkward style, but he can certainly pick the ball up and [he ticks] every other box.

“He gets a lot of the footy.”

DeBoer’s absence from an AFL list at the conclusion of draft day emphasised the strength of this year’s talent pool.

Lockyer, who coached him in the 2008 national championships, was shocked when the name DeBoer was not called out on draft day.

DeBoer also enjoyed a superb 2007 but didn’t nominate for the national draft then, which may have cost him on November 29.

“Last year, the way he played as a 17-year-old, he would have been [a] top-20 [pick],” Lockyer said.

“I look at some of the kids that were taken in the draft [this year] and I think Matty’s definitely up there with them.

“He’s a smasher of a kid and he works hard at his game. I reckon he’d be worth a go at one of the clubs and I think the kid deserves an opportunity.”

Pretty good Alpha, I'll throw the spanner in the works, watch this space.

1 Melbourne Casey Sibosado (NT Thunder)

2 Port Adelaide Josh Carr (Fremantle)

3 Essendon Matt De Boer (Claremont WA)

4 Carlton Chris Johnson (Melbourne)

5 Brisbane Nick Davis (Sydney)

6 Richmond Ben Cousins (Southbank, Yarra River)

I'm changing my selections...... Note that I selected Ben Cousins at pick 6 .. ;)

1 Melbourne - Rockcliff or De Boer

2 Port Adelaide - Josh Carr (Fremantle)

3 Essendon - De Boer if Rockliff is selected by Melbourne.

4 Carlton - Chris Johnson (Melbourne)

5 Brisbane - Adem Yze (Melbourne)

6 Richmond - Ben Cousins (Southbank, Yarra River :D )

If De Boer is the best available player....we'll take him. Been tossing up on Rockliff and De Boer.

I'm changing my selections...... Note that I selected Ben Cousins at pick 6 .. ;)

6 Richmond - Ben Cousins (Southbank, Yarra River)

If De Boer is the best available player....we'll take him. Been tossing up on Rockliff and De Boer.

Interesting....... HT.............

6 Richmond - Ben Cousins (Southbank, Yarra River)

What's your thinking on Brisbane taking Yze?

I think his foot skills would be an asset to them, but at 31, it's very unlikely.

Still, how great would it be to see Johnno and Yze running around in the same side??

Would be happy to take a punt on De Boer. We could then rookie one of Rockliff or Sibosado as well.

What's your thinking on Brisbane taking Yze?

I think his foot skills would be an asset to them, but at 31, it's very unlikely.

Still, how great would it be to see Johnno and Yze running around in the same side??

Would be happy to take a punt on De Boer. We could then rookie one of Rockliff or Sibosado as well.

My thinking is if Brisbane were looking at a similarly aged Nick Davis, they would be prepared to look at Yze. Voss has said recently they don't know who they will pick up in the PSD. They know. And Yze threw his hat into the ring saying he still has something to offer at a most opportune time...why? He might be thrown a lifeline by Brissy. But...I could be wrong.