Prismall

dee-luded

I dont think this will work in our favour at all.

The preferred situation from MFC's position would have been Prismall gets left out of the Cats team for the GF and / or Prelim & GF and the kid really questions his future at Geelong.

The current situation is he had been in the Cats team for 10 of the last 12 matches then went down with an ACL. His No 1 priority will now be recovering as best as possible and as quickly as possible in the most supportive environment available, both medically and personally - Geelong is the best place for that, MFC probably the last.

He is out of contract and out of football for 12 months at critical time with a serious injury. And you dont think he will be questioning his future? :wacko:

As he sits in the stands contemplating future, he can watch some other young player usurp his role in the midfield at Geelong in a truly supportive environment. :rolleyes: He could be at MFC seeing an opportunity for him open up in a midfield starting to come together. Did you rank supportive environments by looking at the ladder in the paper? :lol:

And there is no way Freo will deal on Warnock for a 5th or 6th rounder, look at the picks Wood & Meesen got, it will be at least a 3rd rounder and as high as a 1st rounder, they'll rather risk letting him walk into the PSD than consider a token pick. I'd be happy acquiring him for a 3rd or 2nd round pick and consider our 17th or 19th, particularly if we can trade someone out for another decent pick ourselves.

You dont get it do you???

Warnock is out of contracct. He wants to come back to Victoria. MFC are in the mix for him. If Warnock wants to come to MFC and can agree terms, we can leverage an attractive trade for Warnock below his market value. Freo either takes the reduced market value offer or we get him for free in the PSD.

His trade value for MFC is not benchmarked to what arms length deals were done for Wood and Meesen.

Freo are across a barrel big time on this deal if Warnock is set on coming to MFC. Warnock's intention over which Club he will choose have not been confirmed.

Prismall will stay at Geelong. Don't underestimate how tight-knit this club is. They showed faith in Lonergan and look at him now.

Also Blake stayed at Geelong even after the humilation of being dropped for the GF.

Lonergan was shown faith because Nathan Ablett walked out on the Club and Hawkins is raw. Blake would have played the GF if his form in the finals was not so lamentable. They were never going to let him go.

Geelong are so tight knit that they effectively delisted an ex- Captain who played in a winning Premiership. Go figure.

Geelong have Kelly, Wojcinski and Gamble waiting in the midfield to replace Prisnall. Do they want to carry Prisnall for 12 months given who they have to play in the midfield? Thats the question.

Prisnall may stay at Geelong. But your take on things does not validate your position.

I would only trade a token 5th round draft pick for him. I'd rather target a disgruntled 23 year old who is fit and ready to play round 1 for us next year.

Why bother at all? Geelong wouldn't want it and would tell you to hop to the PSD. Any names of disgruntled players?

He is out of contract and out of football for 12 months at critical time with a serious injury. And you dont think he will be questioning his future? :wacko:

As he sits in the stands contemplating future, he can watch some other young player usurp his role in the midfield at Geelong in a truly supportive environment. :rolleyes: He could be at MFC seeing an opportunity for him open up in a midfield starting to come together. Did you rank supportive environments by looking at the ladder in the paper? :lol:

Poor choice of words from me, very close to leaving Geelong is what I meant, if he had not been injured and was dropped again in the finals then he would have been. Now that he has a serious injury I'd say he'll be much closer to staying than going.

I would rank supportive environments in this case by the professionalism of the club, ie club facilities & resources, fitness staff, cohesive playing group, etc. We have 2 or 3 temporary 'homes' all miles apart from each other, the records of our fitness staff speaks for itself, our playing group's a cross between a kindergarten and a retirement home, etc, etc. I think we are by far the worst in this regard, maybe the Kangas would challenge us.

You dont get it do you???

Warnock is out of contract. He wants to come back to Victoria. MFC are in the mix for him. If Warnock wants to come to MFC and can agree terms, we can leverage an attractive trade for Warnock below his market value. Freo either takes the reduced market value offer or we get him for free in the PSD.

His trade value for MFC is not benchmarked to what arms length deals were done for Wood and Meesen.

Freo are across a barrel big time on this deal if Warnock is set on coming to MFC. Warnock's intention over which Club he will choose have not been confirmed.

I understand completely and disagree with your view, for several of the reasons you have pointed out:

You need to offer the club something as opposed to nothing

I think we need to deal fairly with Freo. Offering them pick 67 (5th round) is akin to offering them nothing.

If MFC have identified another needed player that they would use the PSD #1, I would offer Freo pick #51. Its a better incentive than having pick #67 in order to get Freo to agree to the deal.

I dont agree with screwing a Club in the short term because it comes back on you in the long term.

Pick 51 is nothing! They'll already have pick 53, why would they deal on pick 51? If that's all that's on offer they'll run the risk of PSD anyway because pick 51 is meaningless.

If we deal at all it'll be using at least pick 35, if Warnock is not definite in a preference come trade week and other clubs are involved it may be pushed even higher.

Wood & Meesen were simply used as examples of what young developing ruckmen are going for - they are rated more highly and generally go at a higher price than most types of players. No that doesn't set a benchmark for MFC but it is an indication of what Freo will be expecting and other clubs will be willing to offer.

If we can get Warnock for pick 51 or 67 then that's great, I think that's unrealistic though and it'll either be pick 35+ or it'll get nasty and we'll pick him up in the PSD for nothing. We'll find out in trade week I guess.

Wood & Meesen were simply used as examples of what young developing ruckmen are going for - they are rated more highly and generally go at a higher price than most types of players. No that doesn't set a benchmark for MFC but it is an indication of what Freo will be expecting and other clubs will be willing to offer.

If we can get Warnock for pick 51 or 67 then that's great, I think that's unrealistic though and it'll either be pick 35+ or it'll get nasty and we'll pick him up in the PSD for nothing. We'll find out in trade week I guess.

If Warnock wants to come to MFC and agrees on contract terms with us then Freo have very little bargaining point. We might end up offering pick 35 but if Freo want anymore than that they may just get nothing at all. They are not in a position here to play hardball if Warnock chooses another MFC.

If Warnock wants another Club (eg Carlton) then Carlton and Freo are going to have to do negotiations on a equal basis because it will be in neither Club's interest that Warnock goes to the PSD. Only then would the Wood and Meesen deals have any relevance.

If Warnock wants to come to MFC and agrees on contract terms with us then Freo have very little bargaining point. We might end up offering pick 35 but if Freo want anymore than that they may just get nothing at all. They are not in a position here to play hardball if Warnock chooses another MFC.

If Warnock wants another Club (eg Carlton) then Carlton and Freo are going to have to do negotiations on a equal basis because it will be in neither Club's interest that Warnock goes to the PSD.

I dont disagree with any of that and neither did any of my posts, it'll be pick 35+ or no deal at all and into PSD, we certainly wont be able to tie up a deal using 51 or 67.

would expect prismall to stay at geelong.

i do not think we can underestimate the work that neil balme has done for their football club...

warnock - will always be backup to sandilands. at the demons, he has the opportunity to be the number one ruckmen, increased ground time, increased responsibility and the opportunity to return home!!

Could easily get him across

he was emergency for last yr, gonna miss this yr, and lets face it next yr as well. so 3 flags with the cats

could be a number 1 midfielder at another club, like us- and be told that we have faith in him gaining 100% recovery and playing like he has done before and even better. that is comforting for a player to know- worth having a crack at him

Article in todays age suggesting a possible round 10 return, ala Malcheski.

Back into our consideration I would think, along with Alwyn and R Warnock.

An exciting trade period indeed...

wont leave Cats. They have agreed to leave the 2 year deal on the table. Most likely to stay. Also has life down in Geelong and likes living down there

I know his family, and that is straight from his mothers mouth

Just as I thought. It was pure footy forum speculation that he was looking for opportunities elsewhere. And after he did his knee, it was even more certain that he'd stay at the Cats. Imagine how hard it would be to walk into a new club knowing that you can't train properly for 6 months, or play for a season. It's far easier for him to do his rehab in his own environment.

Do you know for sure Geelong will trade Prismall? I have seen or read nothing to suggest they will.

Yes. Prior to his injury yesterday I believe he was under consideration for their best 22. His selection earlier in the season probably did depend upon other players availability. Whilst he won't get an opportunity whilst in rehabilitation. Returning from injury when fit will see him gain the same opportunities he has been offered. Much like Tom Lonergan.

Yep, Simple forum speculation as predicted. Thanks Adrian OB for clearing it up.