• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Stynes on SEN after 5pm - just announced

Guest melbman

Guest melbman

Appologies for starting a new thread but it might have been missed at the end of other posts. Just announced on SEN that Stynes will be on after 5pm

I won't catch it so if anyone can post details

cheers

Nothing particularly profound. From the car stereo he sounded a little bit on the pressured side...

He just confirmed everything we already know. He'll be paid for the 3 months, nothing more. He thanked MacNamee for his work particularly with his work on Casey Fields and the strengthening of ties with MCC...

On channel ten just now, they had vision of Paul in his car mumbling something about it being "Untenable." Whether he was saying his place at MFC was untenable, or that the situation at the club is disastrous, I don't know...

Nothing particularly profound. From the car stereo he sounded a little bit on the pressured side...

He just confirmed everything we already know. He'll be paid for the 3 months, nothing more. He thanked MacNamee for his work particularly with his work on Casey Fields and the strengthening of ties with MCC...

On channel ten just now, they had vision of Paul in his car mumbling something about it being "Untenable." Whether he was saying his place at MFC was untenable, or that the situation at the club is disastrous, I don't know...

You seem distressed DD. Thank Paul Gardiner for that. Firstly he resigned Harris and then sacked him costing us alot, then he ignored advice and hired McNamee, costing us a small fortune. Debt Demolition Month just got alot harder

Firstly he resigned Harris and then sacked him costing us alot, then he ignored advice and hired McNamee, costing us a small fortune. Debt Demolition Month just got alot harder

Don't worry about facts hey Roost It. Paul Gardner did not re-sign Steve Harris. Who's advice did he ignore when McNamee was appointed?

Guest melbman
the thing that upsets me the most is the fact that people like the richmond supporter have donated $10000 to the club and now it will go to paying out Paul Macnamee...

Hiya NJ

I read in an article somewhere today that Paul will be paid for his time. 4 months = $115K. Not sure if that is correct but if it is and that's all he receives then financially it's not as bad as it could have been and he would only be receiving that which he'd already earned.

Was there a recruitment company involved? IMO they may reimburse their fee or waive the fees of the replacement process. I hope more comes to light as time passes.

Can Stynes turn this into a positive story in the short term? I hope so, the debt demolition is not too far away and confidence in the club is a must at this point.

But yeah, I feel for that $10K donation dude too. Publicly it looks bad.

Don't worry about facts hey Roost It. Paul Gardner did not re-sign Steve Harris. Who's advice did he ignore when McNamee was appointed?

Check your facts Big Fella. PG did re sign Harris at the beginning of this year.

Correct Brocky.

After hearing both the SEN and 693 interviews the following information came forth:

1. The issue of 'mentoring" McNamee was discussed by the Board up to 5 to 6 weeks ago. If there were concerns at that point then McNamee was a dead man walking from the time Stynes was appointed. Its also interesting that since Stynes appointment, the only Press coverage for MFC has been from Stynes. McNamee has been mysterious quietly. Was this an instruction from the new administration? Who knows?

2. Stynes has publicly endorsed Cameron Schwab as a CEO candidate. There can be no effective or honest executive search for a new CEO until Schwab has declared whether he will pursue the role or not. The Club should move quickly to get this matter solved promptly to prevent endless speculation in the media which will only continue the damage to the Club.

There is no evidence to suggest that Mike Sheahan had not been leaked to at the early stages of the Board's discussion. However, its clear the decision had been made well before the Board meeting to decide McNamee's fate. The fact that the matter was already in the media and that the first McNamee had heard of this matter was through the media is disappointing. Further the more its concerning that MFC could not get a Press Conference together on this until 36 hours after the media was aware suggests this matter could and should have been better managed.

So try as I might, I just cant help thinking that the AFL has their hands all over this matter in a Machievellian way. I would not be surprised if Schwab back flips on his comments about being CEO at another Club. The timing of his resignation from Freo has been interesting.

Stynes has publicly endorsed Cameron Schwab as a CEO candidate.

True but he has also been misquoted on that issue in certain parts. What he said when interviewed on Ten News was -

"I would hope that people like Cameron Schwab and Stuart Fox would be interested in this position and would apply for it.

"I'm very confident that we'll attract someone that can do the job."

That's not an endorsement of Schwab and doesn't mean that Schwab is a lay down misere for the gig.

2. Stynes has publicly endorsed Cameron Schwab as a CEO candidate. There can be no effective or honest executive search for a new CEO until Schwab has declared whether he will pursue the role or not. The Club should move quickly to get this matter solved promptly to prevent endless speculation in the media which will only continue the damage to the Club.

Why can't there be an effective or honest search until Schwab shows his hand?

Stynes hasn't suggested that Schwab is the man he wants.

In case you missed it, Stynes also mentioned Fox.

Wrong RR, Paul Gardiner re-signed Harris thae sacked him. Fact.

It isn't fact. It was incorrectly reported by a journalist in the Australian (I think) as fact, then the entire footy world, including Jim Stynes, ran with it, even though it was not correct. Harris was not reappointed in November last year.

It isn't fact. It was incorrectly reported by a journalist in the Australian (I think) as fact, then the entire footy world, including Jim Stynes, ran with it, even though it was not correct. Harris was not reappointed in November last year.

Correct Nasher.

Then when was he reappointed

Why can't there be an effective or honest search until Schwab shows his hand?

Stynes hasn't suggested that Schwab is the man he wants.

In case you missed it, Stynes also mentioned Fox.

From what has been revealed in the media Cameron Schwab has been a target for the current Board from day 1. And the way the current administration operates, Stynes is taking a front and centre in this situation and the process going forward. When questioned on 693 in response to a direct question from Dwayne R. Jimmy stated that he would love Cameron Schwab to apply. I understand Stynes has also repeated that angle for both Fox and Schwab. I would suggest that it is search between those two at best.

I note the author of the latest media leak, Mike Sheahan has stated that Cameron Schwab is the front runner for the CEO role. I have no doubt there have already been discussions with Schwab given the Board talked of bring him in as a mentor for MacNamee.

And it would be naive of a potential candidate to wonder why and how the fate of the last two CEO's have been effectively decided in the media and the Club on both occassions has been made to look stupid by the leaks. There are two possible sources of the leaks. Both disturbing.

At the end of the day, with the new administration in, a CEO (especially one not support) is a dead duck and his removal may or may not have been a good thing. Cameron Schwab may well be the answer. We dont know.

But the events that have transpired and process to has been terrible. And the character assassination that has been played in the Press has been appalling.

This was a tough joh before but its I think its got far worse for the actions going on in the background. The "wide" search will be in line with the vested interests who been behind the media games

From what has been revealed in the media Cameron Schwab has been a target for the current Board from day 1. And the way the current administration operates, Stynes is taking a front and centre in this situation and the process going forward. When questioned on 693 in response to a direct question from Dwayne R. Jimmy stated that he would love Cameron Schwab to apply. I understand Stynes has also repeated that angle for both Fox and Schwab. I would suggest that it is search between those two at best.

I note the author of the latest media leak, Mike Sheahan has stated that Cameron Schwab is the front runner for the CEO role. I have no doubt there have already been discussions with Schwab given the Board talked of bring him in as a mentor for MacNamee.

And it would be naive of a potential candidate to wonder why and how the fate of the last two CEO's have been effectively decided in the media and the Club on both occassions has been made to look stupid by the leaks. There are two possible sources of the leaks. Both disturbing.

At the end of the day, with the new administration in, a CEO (especially one not support) is a dead duck and his removal may or may not have been a good thing. Cameron Schwab may well be the answer. We dont know.

But the events that have transpired and process to has been terrible. And the character assassination that has been played in the Press has been appalling.

This was a tough joh before but its I think its got far worse for the actions going on in the background. The "wide" search will be in line with the vested interests who been behind the media games

It's being reported that he has said he is not entertaining the idead of being MFC CEO. He wants to take a break and do something different.