• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Your dream 2009 team?

Tolstoys Nudge

Here is what id like our 2009 best 22 to look like! (wow, i love the look of it)

It got me ven more excited about our future, as it was very hard to decide.. esp leaving out Petterd, Dunn, Martin etc..

Loving the depth!!!

B: Whelan Garland Warnock

HB: Mcdonald Rivers Wheatley

C: Green © Prismall Morton

HF: Robertson Miller Davey

F: P Johnson Boyle Wonaemirri

R: Warnock Mclean Jones

INT: Watts, Moloney, Bate, Grimes

EM: Valenti C Johnson Bartram

Unlucky: Petterd, Dunn, Martin, Jamar, Newton.

Still more depth: Frawley, White, Bell, Bode, Meeson, Maric .. + whoever is (priority pick 17-18)

NEW players:

Prismall (aquired by trade for pick 19)

Watts (pick 2 national draft)

Warnock (Pick 2 PSD)

Boyle (trade for Bruce)

Not Considered:

Yze, Holland, Carroll, Weetra ALL 2 BE DELISTED IMO!

;)

Thoughts??

this is my MFC dream team, and achievable too, id be rapt with that!!

Give it a go! its damn theraputic!!

why would we get rid of pick 19????? do people not understand that this is our last chance to get young blood into the club? prismall and boyle arent coming to melbourne

i understand this is your dream team but i recon we need to get as many draft picks as possible

why would we get rid of pick 19????? do people not understand that this is our last chance to get young blood into the club? prismall and boyle arent coming to melbourne

i understand this is your dream team but i recon we need to get as many draft picks as possible

You know, I actually agree with you..

I more did it for Illustrative purposes..

as in, id love him at the club.. but id also want to keep the pick!

However, it'd be a tough decision if it was offered, no?

Here is what id like our 2009 best 22 to look like! (wow, i love the look of it)

It got me ven more excited about our future, as it was very hard to decide.. esp leaving out Petterd, Dunn, Martin etc..

Loving the depth!!!

Still more depth: Frawley, White, Bell, Bode, Meeson, Maric .. + whoever is (priority pick 17-18)

NEW players:

Prismall (aquired by trade for pick 19)

Watts (pick 2 national draft)

Warnock (Pick 2 PSD)

Boyle (trade for Bruce)

Not Considered:

Yze, Holland, Carroll, Weetra ALL 2 BE DELISTED IMO!

;)

Thoughts??

this is my MFC dream team, and achievable too, id be rapt with that!!

Give it a go! its damn theraputic!!

Who is Boyle? Who does he play for? Couldn't see his name in any of the teams this round. Would have to be good to be better than Bruce. Stupid trade that! It won't happen!

Who is Boyle? Who does he play for? Couldn't see his name in any of the teams this round. Would have to be good to be better than Bruce. Stupid trade that! It won't happen!

he plays hawthorn old bobby boy! keep up with the times!

yeah your right nudge

it would be a tough decision but i still think the club would be desperate to keep the low(ish) pick

i didnt realise lonergan has only played 13 senior games

how old is he?

i know he had that shocking injury etc etc

Mid 09

B: Bartram Warnock Frawley

HB: Rivers Martin Buckley

C: Davey Grimes Morton

HF:Garland Miller Bate

FF: Watts PJohnson Maric

F: Jamar Mclean Jones

INT: Petterd, Dunn, Newton, Valenti

imo if we trade or can get Warnock through PSD draft we must seriously look to trade Sylvia( rumoured to want to go home and reminds of TJ too much, has not given enough for no3 pick.) Bruce (was set to become a superstar in 05 i think before being tackled by a then Hawk Guerra. never got back , plays consistent footy and leads well but disposal is under a cloud and his age suggests last year to trade him. + he is a great sweetener) Rivers ( with the emergence of Warnock Garland, Frawley in the wings and the new found form of Wheatley a tough call needs to be made. not to delist but to be packaged up with Sylvia is clubs dont go for the Sylvia /Bruce combo. if you could get a 1st round plus another pick for Rivers ,Sylvia we must take it. no good to anyone playing four games a year) if we are to use our first pick on Watts if would be a massive coup to also pick up a midfielder in the first round. we must not loose track of the long term.

Prismall is high on our recruiting plan. Andy Lovell knows him from his days at Cats and is pretty keen on getting him. Even told Brent's father he is high on our target list at end of year.

Still don't understand why so many want to trade Bruce away. Every time a trade pops up invariably we are handing Bruce off. Given his position of leadership at the club I find it almost impossible that Melbourne will trade Bruce at the end of the year.

y look to trade Sylvia( rumoured to want to go home and reminds of TJ too much, has not given enough for no3 pick.)

what we are trading him to Bendigo are we ??? That story about him wanting to go to Adelaide is rubbish

Boyle is not the answer! we need to draft a key forward. as simple as that!

the 2 main acqusitions at years end should be Warnock and Watts. fills 2 massive holes!!! pick 17 and 20 should also get a couple of quality youngsters which always helps.

i wouldn't be totally against trading pick 20 for Prismal, but people shuld realize, if he was that good then he would have a place in the geelong team. geelong do not have 22 superstars. guyz like Varcoe, Byrnes and others get regular games ahead of him.

2009:

Bartram, Warnock, Garland

Green, Rivers, Grimes

Moloney, Bruce, Morton

Sylvia, Bate, Davey

Robertson, Miller, Wonaeamirri

Warnock, Jones, Mclean

Int: Dunn, Bell, Pettard, Newton, P.Johnson, Wheatley, Frawley, Watts

emg: Buckley, C.Johnson, Valenti, Jamar, Whelan

up-n-coming: Maric, McNamara, Martin, Cheney, pick 17, pick 20, pick 36

delisted/retired: Neitz, McDonald, White, Yze, Holland, Carrol, Bode, Weetra

what we are trading him to Bendigo are we ??? That story about him wanting to go to Adelaide is rubbish

his profile says he is from S.A. .regardless he is not worthy of the no.3 selection used on him. time to go. Bruce can go because he is a deal sweetener when combined with Sylvia. look at big picture, in 2-3 years where will are kids be and where will Bruce be? if he secured a first round pick well so be it , Green is more inspirational and more of a leader to these young kids then Bruce. that is purely my opinion based on what ive seen this year. lets stock the shelves with kids

Team Round 23 2009:

C Johnson, M Warnock, Garland

Petterd, Martin, Rivers

Davey, McLean, Morton

Bate, Miller, Bruce

Maric, Watts, Wonaeamirri

R Warnock, Prismall, Dunn

Int: , Grimes, P.Johnson, Wheatley, Jones

emg: Buckley, Valenti, Bartram, Whelan, Jamar, Moloney, Frawley, McNamara, Cheney, Meeson, Newton, Robertson

Warnock obtained from Fremantle in exchange for Nathan Carrol (Warnock told Fremantle to trade or else he would nominate for PSD

Green and White traded to Sydney for pick no 11 in National Draft

Bell and Sylvia traded to Brisbane, for pick 23

Prismall obtained from Geelong with pick 1 in pres-season draft

Watts obtained from Sandringham Dragons with pick no 1 in National Draft

Rookie Elevations, Wonaeamirri, Valenti

Melbourne FC National Draft Selections 1, 11, 17, 18, 23, 39, 55,

Melbourne FC Pre Season Draft Selections 1

retired: Neitz, Yze, Holland

Traded: Carrol, Green, White, Bell, Sylvia

Delisted: Weetra, Bode

THE EMPIRE BEGINS!