• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Voss headed west

furious d

I may be wrong there. In his interview on the news he said he turned them down as they only offered him 1 year (?????). When asked if he'll take over when they enter the AFL he said "never say never."

I may be wrong there. In his interview on the news he said he turned them down as they only offered him 1 year (?????). When asked if he'll take over when they enter the AFL he said "never say never."

A pioneer coach has never been successfull. i wouldn't touch the GC for at least 5 years if i was Voss. Who will coach that Western Sydney Durge? What a crap job!

it was a 3 year deal... but only the final year would be when the team was playing in the AFL... the first year the team would be in the TAC cup, the 2nd year would be in the QFL or VFL... Vossy wanted a longer contract at AFL level before he would accept the deal...

i would've liked us to make a play for Vossy... obviously we have more pressing matters on our plate at the moment... i'd really like us to chase Todd Viney for next season... Jimmy is bringing lots of demons back to the club, it'd be great if Todd took over our midfield...

it was a 3 year deal... but only the final year would be when the team was playing in the AFL... the first year the team would be in the TAC cup, the 2nd year would be in the QFL or VFL... Vossy wanted a longer contract at AFL level before he would accept the deal...

i would've liked us to make a play for Vossy... obviously we have more pressing matters on our plate at the moment... i'd really like us to chase Todd Viney for next season... Jimmy is bringing lots of demons back to the club, it'd be great if Todd took over our midfield...

Aaah. Yes of course. Thanks vanlo...

And yes, I was pretty keen on him too. I thought a 4-year plan wouldn't be the worst thing, as whoever comes in will be tested more in the latter two. The all-important formative years of all our teenagers have to be handled to the nth degree...

Good move to take the role.. Still think there gana need a proven coach with the 2 new sides. Last thing Voss would want is to be remembered as "Great player, Failed coach"

I still can't believe this Western Sydney thing...

The only way I can see it working is if they're a premiership threat for their first 20 years. They're going to have to offer them twice the picks the Gold Coast got to make that happen.

I still can't believe this Western Sydney thing...

The only way I can see it working is if they're a premiership threat for their first 20 years. They're going to have to offer them twice the picks the Gold Coast got to make that happen.

I agree and this is why the whole venture must be stopped. It stinks. Why should west sydney be a premiership Favorite before Melbourne Heritage clubs? They wont care. The AFL are obsessed with money. Too much so

keep pushing the sydney swans into the market

and FFS, please give Tasmania a team

if geelong can support a club

if PA can support a club

then why CANT Tasmania

growth corridor or not, the syndey swans should be advertising in western sydney

two clubs wont work

it is hard enough for one club

Mr. Olympics/Vlad...you are stupid

Smart move by Voss. He'll be better off getting AFL experience atm, rather than dealing with QLD underage comps, IMHO.

Smart move all round. Voss has been a great footballer in his time but it does not make him a good coach. I would not give a person with no AFL (or any serious) coaching experience a four year contract. Even a three year contract is generous for someone with no experience. Hell Clarkson only got two years when he started at the Hawks and he had a very good coaching grounding.

I agree and this is why the whole venture must be stopped. It stinks. Why should west sydney be a premiership Favorite before Melbourne Heritage clubs? They wont care. The AFL are obsessed with money. Too much so

Both the GC and Sydney teams are going to be devoid of any passion or history, and will be nothing more than a soulless organisation that means nothing to nobody.

Thus far, all interstate teams have grown from a local state club with passionate supporters and proud traditions. The club that didn't (Brisbane Bears), ended up merging with a Victorian team.

You can only manufacture support to a certain level, beyond that a club built on loads of money and talent stolen from existing clubs is going to struggle to ever truly be a respected part of the competition.

Who the hell is going to support these clubs? People in Sydney who have interest in football have the Swans, and even during their recent successes they have struggled with memberships and attendance. Brisbane has one of the lowest membership figures in the AFL, and that's despite being more successful than any other club over the past decade.

I understand that the growth of the GC is a major factor in the development of these new teams, but most people moving to the GC are previous residents of Australia who, in all likelihood, already have a football team. Sure they might go to a few games, starved of football action, but they will never truly support the club if their alliances are with another team.

This is why a Tasmanian team is a far more sustainable idea, but heck, there's not money in Tasmania so it doesn't matter :rolleyes:

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/kick...5658037197.html

Oh dear..how sad....what a shame !!!!!!!!!!! Another wheel falls of Emperor Vlads little red wagon. All haste for little progress.

Good for Voss..seems to be waking up to the realities of non playing footy after all. Its really quite obscene and insulting the way Vlad and Co are fawning over the idea of teams in 'foreign' markets at the expense of footballs heartland. Ive no problem with expansion per se..but a little decorum please gentleman...they ( AFL ) have almost got their collective flies at half mast in anticipation.

Voss and the Eagles ought to do well together. Sort of says "were going to tank to get first pick to get Rich or Nui " in bold NEON doesnt it. Watts isnt a midfielder per se!!

Voss isnt a nong after all !! :)

Smart move all round. Voss has been a great footballer in his time but it does not make him a good coach. I would not give a person with no AFL (or any serious) coaching experience a four year contract. Even a three year contract is generous for someone with no experience. Hell Clarkson only got two years when he started at the Hawks and he had a very good coaching grounding.

I understand where you're coming from. It was a bit of a lose/lose. The GC would have been hard pressed to give him a longer contract. As a GC rep said in the article bb linked to, it wouldn't have been good governance. However, one year in the big time isn't much for a senior Coach - I can imagine it possible that Voss would get pushed out if they had a very poor first year, and despite the money and love from the AFL, it'd probably be a fairly tough year given it'd be their first year in the league.

Whoever starts the coaching at GC will only ever be warming the seat. They ought to get a Master and Apprentice set up.. Sheedy and some 2ic..with Sheeds bowing out after the new fella finds his stride. If done from the outset..theres no embarassment etc.. Probably far too much sense in all that.

Still, be interesting to see what Vossy does after 2 years at Eagles and to see if he's any good more the point !!

I understand where you're coming from. It was a bit of a lose/lose. The GC would have been hard pressed to give him a longer contract. As a GC rep said in the article bb linked to, it wouldn't have been good governance. However, one year in the big time isn't much for a senior Coach - I can imagine it possible that Voss would get pushed out if they had a very poor first year, and despite the money and love from the AFL, it'd probably be a fairly tough year given it'd be their first year in the league.

If we cast aside the hoopla, Voss has never coached at all at any respectable level. We dont know if he can actually coach at all. He needs to get real coaching experience at lower levels before he plays the main game of AFL coaching. Its a ruthless job in an established club. In a start up its going to be a monumental challenge. DB is seeking to change the cutlure at MFC. Voss will have to create it out of nothing. Big test of character. After Voss's appalling lack of judgement last year at a bar, I just wonder if he has all the attributes necessary to do the job

If he was appointed by GC and his first actual senior year of AFL was a disaster it could very well be due to issues sown in the first two years.

AFL is a tough competition. GC cant afford a wrong step. Voss would be an "unknown punt" for them. Given the situation, three years is a long contract for an untested inexperienced coach. Four years would have been ridiculous.