Nathan Carroll

Guest Deefence

Guest Colossus_2000

Sorry for the misleading title folks :) Noticed at the kids day that Nath has shaven off his trademark mo', as well as that shocking haircut he had.

But really I just wanted to let people know, that as much as he is touted as 'out' come end of the year, whilst speaking to Dean at the kids day, he informed me that Nathan has one year left on his contract, and would be with the Dee's come next year. Also discussed his role in the forward line at Sandy on the weekend, to which Dean replied that it was not his suggestion to try Nath up forward, that he was a brilliant defender who read the play well and was a very strong player.

So, discuss :)

No offence C2000, but i don’t think DB is about to say Yes we are going to Delist him at the end of the year unless he improves ALOT..

btw if we didn’t i could still see him as the 3rd tall in the Melbourne back line

No offence C2000, but i don’t think DB is about to say Yes we are going to Delist him at the end of the year unless he improves ALOT..

btw if we didn’t i could still see him as the 3rd tall in the Melbourne back line

No offence but if he is contracted in 2009, DB cannot delist him even if he wanted to.

Nevertheless, Carroll will have to rely on injury/poor form of others to return in any susbstantive way to the MFC side. His cards are marked and I hope we have better defensive solutions going forward.

In a perfect world I'd like to think that Riv would be fit enough to play and be that 3rd tall. That way Nathan could rip it up in the VFL where he belongs

ouyt of interest, if we pick up watts and other players stay injury free (or recover) we potentially have:

bate, miller, robbo, newton and watts as potential KPF's and

garland, warnock, frawley, rivers, carrol, martin as potential KPD's.

I am not saying that all these players are great players, nor that all these players will make it, or that all will play. BUT it is interesting that we have talls in the wings competing for a spot, a position we havnt been in for a while...

Good depth indeed.

I think we should get rid of Newton this year though if he does nothing with his next chance.

maybe not good depth, but we seem to have a numbers. and most of them young and still developing.

in previous years we have had neitz and robbo (and miller) forward, and rivers and carrol back. when these players went down we had to bring in ben holland to plug holes. and we struggled with players like bizzel in KP roles at times.

Are we going to get rid of anyone this year everyone seems to be contracted. Retire Carroll you big dud you should have retired when Tom " I wished I played on Carroll every week so I can win the Coleman instead of playing in the VFL" Hawkins gave you a bath for the second time in a row not to mention your woeful handpass in the goal square that resulted in a Geelong goal.

Could Carroll take Benny's place in the list? As the "break-glass-in-case-of-emergency" player? I know he's no forward capable of kicking 4 goals...

:lol::lol:

Carroll might be contracted until next year, and yes, he may take Big Ben's spot in the "break glass in case of emergency"

Could Carroll take Benny's place in the list? As the "break-glass-in-case-of-emergency" player? I know he's no forward capable of kicking 4 goals...

Since Carroll's contracted, that's more than likely.

On Demonology, it was reported that he kicked something like 1.6 yesterday, playing forward.

Like Nathan, he gets the job done. Alas, he will be on the table during the trade period, and there are a few clubs (ie Carlton) who would like to make a finals push, but have a weak backline. He will not be sought after, but will be a solid enough player to be dealt. 3-4 clubs would like to have him, and the dees will not be asking for a big return.

He may have played his last game for the dees.

Alas, he will be on the table during the trade period, and there are a few clubs (ie Carlton) who would like to make a finals push, but have a weak backline. He will not be sought after, but will be a solid enough player to be dealt. 3-4 clubs would like to have him, and the dees will not be asking for a big return.

Will his name draw sniggers from other Clubs like it did last year without any interest? There is no doubt his value went up since he has been dropped by the bottom team to the VFL and has put in ordinary performances. He is also a real culture asset that others Clubs really chase. Yes, another MFC player wallowing in the VFL that Clubs are going to fight tooth and nail for. :lol:

We do overrate our list when it comes to trade time.

Like Nathan, he gets the job done. Alas, he will be on the table during the trade period, and there are a few clubs (ie Carlton) who would like to make a finals push, but have a weak backline. He will not be sought after, but will be a solid enough player to be dealt. 3-4 clubs would like to have him, and the dees will not be asking for a big return.

He may have played his last game for the dees.

he was offered last year and we were laughed at. he will stay with us then be delisted.