VIC Metro vs WA on Fox Sports - Wednesday July 9th

Yze_Magic

I thought I read on here that the game will be on Foxtel tomorrow, but I just checked the guide and its not in there.

Anyone know whats going on? I cant miss the chance to see Rich, Natanui and Watts up close in the same game.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I read on here that the game will be on Foxtel tomorrow, but I just checked the guide and its not in there.

Anyone know whats going on? I cant miss the chance to see Rich, Natanui and Watts up close in the same game.

July 9th dude. Next week.

July 9th dude. Next week.

Ahh [censored].

I was looking forward to it as well.

BUMP

All three games live on Foxtel today!

Culiminating in VIC Metro vs WA at 2pm

Watts, Natanui and Rich all on display.

BUMP

All three games live on Foxtel today!

Culiminating in VIC Metro vs WA at 2pm

Watts, Natanui and Rich all on display.

Please report back with findings as detailed as possible.

Hamish Hartlett looks like a genuine Top 5 pick on his first half performance performance. Admittedly SA are annihilating NSW/ACT but boy does he look the goods so far. Moves well in traffic, works well around the packs and gets clearances, but he also uses the ball beautifully. Few players in the AFL would be able to kick a drop-punt as technically sound as that one (you just watch it spin).

Also impressed with Schoenmakers for SA (though he is yet another mid-sized player, at 189cm, that you wonder where he will end up long-term). Lewis Johnston has size and ability. He's missed a couple of sitters but generally been very impressive with some strong grabs and intelligent leading.

Also been impressed with the NSW/ACT captain, Mitch Clisby, and Josh Bryce, who is doing his best to hold back the red tide with some strong marking and good distribution.

Hamish Hartlett looks like a genuine Top 5 pick on his first half performance performance. Admittedly SA are annihilating NSW/ACT but boy does he look the goods so far. Moves well in traffic, works well around the packs and gets clearances, but he also uses the ball beautifully. Few players in the AFL would be able to kick a drop-punt as technically sound as that one (you just watch it spin).

Agree with you there Diablo.

He's also very apt at kicking it between the big sticks.

Does anyone know when the replays of the games are being televised on FoxSports?

Sometime next week I believe mate. Might be Thursday. You'll probably be able to get highlights at least on bigpond though.

I've decided Hamish Hartlett reminds me of a right-footed Simon Black. Has a happy knack of getting his arms free in the tackle and then dishing the ball off to a team mate in space, and attempts (with degrees of success) alot of the deft kicks that Black manages to pull off. Seems to have tremendous vision, with just a little bit of polish required on some of the more fancy things he tries. Had 24 possessions and kicked a long running goal from 50. Best on Ground.

Josh Bryce continued to impress for the Rams in the 2nd half. He went forward and kicked a couple of goals, showing he can play pretty well at both ends.

If you were competing, you'd love to have a good game on this big stage.

In terms of draft hype, so many fans are going to judge players purely on their performances today.

Watch the boards go into meltdown if a guy who has a quiet day today is picked up early in the draft :P

If you were competing, you'd love to have a good game on this big stage.

In terms of draft hype, so many fans are going to judge players purely on their performances today.

Watch the boards go into meltdown if a guy who has a quiet day today is picked up early in the draft :P

*cough*

Cotchin.

Watching the 1st Qtr of VIc Metro - WA has made it painful....

Who do we take with our pick assuming its #1

Natanui - Looks a giant and has so much scop

Rich - Looks classey and has pace, gemuine ball magnet

Watts - Looks damaging up forward with a beautiful kick, a genuine KPP

We will get a gun player regardless but it so hard to decide......

So much will depend on Robbie Warnock....

Other gun players i noticed form the earlier games were Hamish Hartlett from SA (Resembled Simon Black with his disposal)

and #11 from Tassie look classy. a 6 foot genuine midfeilder with great disposal and ball winning ability.......

Watching the 1st Qtr of VIc Metro - WA has made it painful....

Who do we take with our pick assuming its #1

Natanui - Looks a giant and has so much scop

Rich - Looks classey and has pace, gemuine ball magnet

Watts - Looks damaging up forward with a beautiful kick, a genuine KPP

We will get a gun player regardless but it so hard to decide......

So much will depend on Robbie Warnock....

Other gun players i noticed form the earlier games were Hamish Hartlett from SA (Resembled Simon Black with his disposal)

and #11 from Tassie look classy. a 6 foot genuine midfeilder with great disposal and ball winning ability.......

It's a painful conundrum but a welcome one none the less.

At the moment Vic Metro 65 WA 28 mid third term

For me, Rich clearly looks the best player of the potential No.1's at the moment. Has fantastic skills, ball-winning ability and work ethic. The only question I would have about him is speed, but I don't place huge importance on raw speed for inside midfielders like him. But I wouldnt be at all disappointed if we picked him No.1

Naitanui is playing quite well. He has unelievable potential as everyone says. His first two tap-outs straight were breath-taking. He has an amazing leap, speed and agility. As good as he is in the ruck, I'd love to see him play up forward. Obviously still has a bit to learn, but I can't see how we will overlook this guy. He could be anything, even if he has a few chinks right now. Also, we are screaming out for exactly what he offers; a ruckman, a marketers dream and a player with unlimited versatlity.

Liam Pickering commented before the game that he would take Watts with the Number 1 pick. I can't see that happening. He's a full forward, Looks a good prospect and has a great set shot, but there's no way we'd pick him over Natanui. Also, a player called Vickery? has kicked 3 goals for VM today and looked just as good a target.