Selection v Sydney

Gouga

I think selection this week is pretty obvious.

In: Bell, Valenti

Out: Frawley, Morton

Backs: C Bartram, C Garland, D Bell

Half backs: J Bode, M Warnock, C Johnson

Centres: B Green, C Bruce, P Wheatley

Half forwards: A Davey, M Bate, A Wonaeamirri

Forwards: C Sylvia, B Miller, A Yze

Followers: J White, N Jones, B McLean

Interchange: L Dunn, P Johnson, J McDonald, S Valenti

Hopefully Newton and Petterd can both play well for Sandringham seniors and push for selection the week after.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be disappointed if Morton was dropped personally, regardless of perceived form. I believe there's everything to gain for him to continue to learn his craft in the senior side.

I would like to see Valenti get another shot though. I didn't actually see the game, so I don't know who else would be in the gun unfortunately.

Whelan and Valenti would be nice 'ins'.

From where I was sitting, Frawley didn't have much impact. To me, Yze is finished, as he lacks that polish that he used to have (and isn't in the team for his bullocking work). Morton's disposal wasn't good, but he's still finding the footy - not sure what'd be best for him.

Didn't play for Sandy. Not sure where he is at?

Perhaps he didn't play because he was an emergency for the Dees game.

From where I was sitting, Frawley didn't have much impact. To me, Yze is finished, as he lacks that polish that he used to have (and isn't in the team for his bullocking work). Morton's disposal wasn't good, but he's still finding the footy - not sure what'd be best for him.

If Valenti (or anyone) doesn't come in for Bode, I would be shocked.

In: Martin, Valenti, Whelan

Out: Frawley, Bode, Dunn

Backs: C Bartram, M Warnock, M Whelan

Half backs: C Garland, S Martin, C Johnson

Centres: B Green, C Bruce, P Wheatley

Half forwards: A Davey, M Bate, A Wonaeamirri

Forwards: C Sylvia, B Miller, A Yze

Followers: J White, N Jones, B McLean

Interchange: C Morton, P Johnson, J McDonald, S Valenti

Dunn, Bode and Frawley have not shown enough IMO - Think its time to open the door for Martin to have his first crack - Baptism of fire against B Hall???

Valenti should never have been dropped, and Whelan's defensive pressure, run and sound decision making from Half Back has been missed.

If Valenti (or anyone) doesn't come in for Bode, I would be shocked.

They play a different role, but I see your point.

However, Bode got another game on the back of what I thought was a pretty average game versus Collingwood, so it seems DB sees something in him, and is willing to give him a run (albeit without much game time). I thought Bode looked better yesterday - who was he playing on?

I wouldn't be unhappy to see Bode dropped, but wouldn't be surprised to see him given more opportunities at AFL level this year.

Valenti yes. Agree about Yze. Given the close checking accountable pressure game style of the Swans, Yze just disappears under pressure. Id keep Morton in. After watching the Casey game I just done see what Morton benefits from in playing that grade. Its such a drop from AFL.

Based on DBs policy, Whelan would have been unlikely to have played at MFC before he had proved himself fit at Sandy and I dont see the benefit of having him as insurance if he does not play in either team.

Valenti yes. Agree about Yze. Given the close checking accountable pressure game style of the Swans, Yze just disappears under pressure. Id keep Morton in. After watching the Casey game I just done see what Morton benefits from in playing that grade. Its such a drop from AFL.

Based on DBs policy, Whelan would have been unlikely to have played at MFC before he had proved himself fit at Sandy and I dont see the benefit of having him as insurance if he does not play in either team.

After his pathetic attempts at tackling yesterday, Yze is well and truly done.

Valenti out for Yze sounds about right.

DB talked up his chances of senior selection at the after-match function vs Collingwood, and I think Whelan's already proved himself as fit at Sandringham - he was in contention for selection yesterday (only to be named as an emergency).

I'm not sure why he didn't play for Sandy on the weekend, but if it was in case he was called up for the Dees (edit: and this is my guess, considering the other two emergencies played), he's a good chance to come into the side this week.

Bring in Cheny for Bode, Valenti for Yze. I liked the look of Cheny at Sandy on Saturday might be a little to early for him to debut but he hit targets tackled well and got a bit of the footy three things most our senior players can't do.

B - Bartram Garland C.Johnson

HB - Wheatley Warnock Bruce

C - Green Jones Davey

HF - Wonemarri Miller Bate

F - P.Johnson Sylvia Maric

R - White McLean McDonald

Interchange - Dunn Valenti Yze Morton

In - Valenti, Maric

Out - Bode, Frawley

They play a different role, but I see your point.

However, Bode got another game on the back of what I thought was a pretty average game versus Collingwood, so it seems DB sees something in him, and is willing to give him a run (albeit without much game time). I thought Bode looked better yesterday - who was he playing on?

I wouldn't be unhappy to see Bode dropped, but wouldn't be surprised to see him given more opportunities at AFL level this year.

Sorry mate, Bode was almost the centre of my concentration yesterday (ive been wondering how he has been getting a game for a while and made sure i focused on him). He is yet to play a game that i would rate over mediocre. Decision making was ordinary yesterday, couldnt keep up with his player when marking and doesnt read the flow well.

Really hope he sharpens up and may well get another game but he was very ordinary yesterday. Morton's brain fades took the spotlight off him.

only played in the reserves, but we needed someone tall up forward, so it's time for a Juice...

In: Newton, Whelan, Valenti.

Out: Bode, Morton, Yze.

Give Cale a run in the VFL for a few weeks, get his confidence in his kicking back. It will be the best thing for him.

only played in the reserves, but we needed someone tall up forward, so it's time for a Juice...

In: Newton, Whelan, Valenti.

Out: Bode, Morton, Yze.

Give Cale a run in the VFL for a few weeks, get his confidence in his kicking back. It will be the best thing for him.

It would be a big show of faith by Bailey to put Juice in this week, but I would love to see it. We need that extra forward option. Hopefully he trains well and puts his hand up.

It would be a big show of faith by Bailey to put Juice in this week, but I would love to see it. We need that extra forward option. Hopefully he trains well and puts his hand up.

He said in the press confrence that we lacked a big target up forward, and it would've been interesting to see what the result would've been if we had a Neitz or Robertson in the forward line. So hopefully this is an indication he'll bring Newton in...

Guest ash_22

I SAY BRING IN VALENTI FOR DUNN GREAT PLAYER USALLY BUT ONLY GOT 7 POSSIES GIV HIM REST AT SANDY BRING IN THE YOUNG GUNN VALNETI WHO IS PLAYING AWESOME FOOTY AT SANDY