Players cop a Blogging

Guest Peter Griffin

We delete anything that is illegal or inappropriate, however we are not around 24 hours a day to read every single post. As moderators, we look after the forum for free in our own time because we want to, because we love the club and we feel this site is very important to a lot of Melbourne supporters.

If posters make serious allegations which could get this site into hot water, their post gets deleted and more often than not they get suspended or banned. However, we cannot suspend people if they only make 1 poor post, or let me tell you, there won't be anyone left. If we go too hard, people whinge, if we're too soft, we run the risk of getting into serious trouble, so basically, we're damned if we do, and damned if we don't.

We try to be as fair as we can, and we often make the decision to ban someone as a collective group.

If some idiots feel the need to write things that they cannot substantiate, which are wrong, hurtful and illegal, then they are not only doing the wrong thing by the club and our players, they are also running the risk of getting the private owners of this website into a lot of trouble.

Wonderful in theory!

Why are some allowed to continue to post?

As you said you are running the risk!!!!!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Supporter blogs carry more weight and relevance then any article by a journalist (ex players included - trying to sell papers) because supporters make players into heroes and zeroes - without us, players have no feeling of selfworth as sportsmen (as they too grew up criticising and idolising players) - without players (good and bad) we are nothing but frustrated sportsmen with too much time on our hands. That is why we are passionate about sports - stuff politics!!

Wonderful in theory!

Why are some allowed to continue to post?

As you said you are running the risk!!!!!

If you have an issue with a specific member, you need to bring it to the attention of a moderator via PM and we will most definitely deal with it. Unfortunately, as I said, we are not around 24 hours a day and sometimes we'll quickly delete a thread and not look into the matter further.

So we do need help from members.

If you have an issue with a specific member, you need to bring it to the attention of a moderator via PM and we will most definitely deal with it. Unfortunately, as I said, we are not around 24 hours a day and sometimes we'll quickly delete a thread and not look into the matter further.

So we do need help from members.

As moderators you ACCEPT responsibility for unnacceptable posts.

Ignorance of the post is no excuse.

ie. Ignorantia juris non excusat

As moderators you ACCEPT resposibility for unnacceptable posts.

Ignorance of the post is no excuse.

ie. Ignorantia juris non excusat

We do not ignore any complaints.

As I said, if a member writes a silly post, it gets deleted. If the matter requires immidate handling or suspension, that often gets done ASAP as well. However if there are particular issues that you want us to look at, you can alert us to them. We cannot possibly read every word of every line of every post on every thread.

I don't feel that as a moderator I am responsible for the stupidity of grown individuals. As a site we are legally responsible for the general content, but we cannot be held accountable for every brain fart made by one of 1,668 members.

As I said, if a member writes a silly post, it gets deleted. If the matter requires immidate handling or suspension, that often gets done ASAP as well. However if there are particular issues that you want us to look at, you can alert us to them. We cannot possibly read every word of every line of every post on every thread.

I don't feel that as a moderator I am responsible for the stupidity of grown individuals. As a site we are legally responsible for the general content, but we cannot be held accountable for every brain fart made by one of 1,668 members.

For your sake ,

Let's hope that is never tested

Man they are trying .. i have been on heaps of forums and this is the nicest i have been on from footy to motorbikes and cars to computers pretty much everything on here lets me give an iopinion as it has substance..

realist i understand your point and i am not potting you but relax..........................

i am sure everyone is giving it their all and for freeeee..

i am new here so dont think i have any mates lol or hidden agendas i thought the whole thing got silly and rather boring about two people bitching about something i couldnt make heads or tails of.lol

maybe as a group we should all have told them to shut up and carry on privately using pm's

we really didnt need to read it..

and i know nothing gets people backs up faster than being told off by an unknown person /face/name...

kinda see where the players are coming from lol

anyway not having a go just trying to diffuse..

I'm with you Rogue, but i also see it as a necsessary article to keep in mind when posting, and i hope all posters do so. Not to hold back on relevant criticism, but ore as a reminder to keep it relevant

Now one key thing is what happened b4 the internet.. is this witer seriously suggesting that before the internet people didnt have suggestions?? or opinions and the media was always nice b4?? kinda laughable .. sure its easier to access now and even if people are saying :"big a dog act as ever perpetrated" thanks TimD Kinda stuff about people then that is progress and the way technology is going so once again the gmae will have to change to adapt.. the afl cant shut down the internet no matter how powerful it thinks it is...

you are wrong here surfa. before the internet people sat and spoke with friends. with the internet, you publish your opinions online. it is the equivalent of printing it in a newspaper. if what you say is defamatory, unsubstantiated etc you are held responsible for what you posted.

unfortunately because of the ability to post anonymously, this responsibility is often passed along to the forum owners, which is precisely why one of the hawks forums is now 'members only' ie you cannot access it unless you are a member.

For your sake ,

Let's hope that is never tested

do you think the moderators will be held responsible? the owners? or the member who made the post?

just wondering if you have a legal background, and actual knowledge or are you simply speculating?

What a joke. I would have said the snide, back-handed remarks that these holier-than-thou journos throw into their articles would be far more damaging to players' egos than most of the drivel that gets put up around here. They may not be as tactlessly worded but they sure as hell get a bigger audience. Robinson is a clown and a hypocrite of the highest order in light of the tabloid-esque rag that he respresents. What about that load the Hun published on its front page a year or two ago about Didak 'getting into drama at a club', when in reality (in that instance anyway) he had just had an argument with his missus.

By the way, since anonymity is such a talking point right now; my name is Ben Clarkson and I live in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne. If that really means anything to anyone then I'll be happy to disseminate contact details and we can have a get together to discuss this or any other post I've made that has been critical of a player or some other person.

The one consistent thing about you is that fact that you've always tried to make yourself appear more important than what you really are. Oh well.

Jarka, I've only just had the opportunity to reply to your post. The 'importance' thing is a red herring. You're feeling guilty and defensive - and so you should. What a gutless and inherently nasty act you're responsible for. Don't you try to wriggle out of it by saying that I project importance - that is irrelevant. Some honesty from you would show some character...I doubt I'll see much frankly.

And I'm gald you feel that i'm important and you resent it. I have you well and truely covered.

unfortunately because of the ability to post anonymously, this responsibility is often passed along to the forum owners, which is precisely why one of the hawks forums is now 'members only' ie you cannot access it unless you are a member.

It's the same on this board, isn't it? You need to be a member [of the forum] to post. I imagine you can view posts without registering, though.

If you're talking about being required to be a (Tasmanian) Hawks FC member, I don't see how the forum owners would/could police that unless the Club shared membership details database with the Hawks forum.

If a member writes a silly post it gets deleted???????

Geee who woulda thought.

Man they are trying .. i have been on heaps of forums and this is the nicest i have been on from footy to motorbikes and cars to computers pretty much everything on here lets me give an iopinion as it has substance..

realist i understand your point and i am not potting you but relax..........................

i am sure everyone is giving it their all and for freeeee..

i am new here so dont think i have any mates lol or hidden agendas i thought the whole thing got silly and rather boring about two people bitching about something i couldnt make heads or tails of.lol

maybe as a group we should all have told them to shut up and carry on privately using pm's

we really didnt need to read it..

and i know nothing gets people backs up faster than being told off by an unknown person /face/name...

kinda see where the players are coming from lol

anyway not having a go just trying to diffuse..

You havent been around here for 10 years, If you have.... you then may understand.

do you think the moderators will be held responsible? the owners? or the member who made the post?

just wondering if you have a legal background, and actual knowledge or are you simply speculating?

The meaning of moderator may stand on interesting ground in court.

Jarka, I've only just had the opportunity to reply to your post. The 'importance' thing is a red herring. You're feeling guilty and defensive - and so you should. What a gutless and inherently nasty act you're responsible for. Don't you try to wriggle out of it by saying that I project importance - that is irrelevant. Some honesty from you would show some character...I doubt I'll see much frankly.

And I'm gald you feel that i'm important and you resent it. I have you well and truely covered.

Only certain types of individuals want to feel important, and rarely these individuals ever are, in fact the ones who talk about it are even rarer. I'm amused though that you think I resent you because of your desperate desire to feel important, but that says more about you than me, doesn't it.

Back to the topic, you've been very vocal with your opinion, adamant that you're right. However if you were right and my post crossed the line then the mods would have been onto it immediately and deleted it. You know these guys and you know what I'm saying is right. It didn't happen that way, they didn't see an issue with it, and the result is your sloppy attempts at saving face.

I have nothing to feel guilty about.

Edit: As an afterthought I checked your posts, the last three you've made have been directed at me. In fact you'be been stalking me for well over 12 months with this bizarre obsession that you've got. You even stated that it's taken awhile for you to respond to my post, that tells me that you've been thinking about me since your last visit, desperate to get back on to have another crack - how sad. I'm honoured though that you feel the need to try and get the better of me, I'm obviously someone who you feel threatened by.

One question for you, do you feel important now? :lol: