My 3 word player analysis V The Corks

joeboy

I think it was against Geelong at the MCG in about 2000, midseason We scored our first goal just before halftime.They had 15. That day was even worse. The next week we were absolutely killed by the Saints.

We ended up having a good season.(perhaps it was '98?)

Remember what happened to Geelong in round one last year against the Bulldogs.

The worst thing we can do is lose heart.....including the supporters.

Cameron Bruce has not done that once in over 160 games. He was shown up by a 17 year old kid.

that comment makes me laugh.

Can you tell me why you hate bruce so much?????. HE HAD A BAD GAME ALRIGHT!!!. You are so pessimistic towards bruce its a joke. you have forgotten all the good games he has played. Morton was promising but for you to compare his game to bruce, its just completely unnecessary.

I think it was against Geelong at the MCG in about 2000, midseason We scored our first goal just before halftime.They had 15. That day was even worse. The next week we were absolutely killed by the Saints.

We ended up having a good season.(perhaps it was '98?)

Remember what happened to Geelong in round one last year against the Bulldogs.

yeah, it was 1998

my take on today lamentable display.

A small number of us wre discussing th egame today...between bouts of laughter.. ( it was that or crying !! )

Things we noted...no particular order:

Very slow to ball.

Lacklustre efforts..

Lots of standing watching someone else ( hopefully ) chase a bal lor opponent

No pressure on opponents.....lots of running with them..not AT them !!

Decision making ( was there any ) was to new lows of deplorable. wish i had a buck for every hospital handpass or kicks to outweighted contests.

Some foolish notion that the wings are the fastest way to the goals.. if they had watch the Hawkers they might have noticed this little bermuda like zone called THE F@#$KING CORRIDOR !!

Seemed more concerned to play ring a ring a rosey at bounce ups than provide a way forward for the rucks. ( when we had one )

Basic skills were at around 5/10..not good enough !!

Played with no confidence.. more often than not a play was truncated when no second oiption presented..came to standstill...all the blody time. No players read play to go forward to provide options for on balling in play...was kindergarten stuff !!

Whats with the bloody handpass overkill [censored] !!

luckily it was only a small chat other wise we could have really gone to town !!

oh..and the worst....no pies left in last quarter...ooooh bad spotless !!!!!!!!

Actually the thing that really rammed home just how pathetic today was . The train trip home.. there wasnt any skiting by the Hawker fans..I sat through over 55 mins of PITY!! ..you could feel it..

Meh. There are more deserving players that have left the game without one. Neitz has been a great servant, but he was terrible today and lacked leadership

pull your head in!!

Neitz has played his heart out for this club his whole career with no premiership to show for it, and that is a terrible shame.

How many people have been named all australian at CHB and FF as well as a Coleman and the clubs first 300 game player, most games captained and leading goal kicker

There are others as deserving as him but not too many who deserve it more then him

yeah i remember that in 98! i was 11 and actually wrote to daniher informing him that we had lost our two previous matches by 180 points (like he was unaware of it) and i think offered some tactically ingenious moves, yze to the midfield probably.

we responded by travelling to perth and beating the eagles in an inspirational performance.

Actually the thing that really rammed home just how pathetic today was . The train trip home.. there wasnt any skiting by the Hawker fans..I sat through over 55 mins of PITY!! ..you could feel it..

i got that at work today...

'oh you barrack for melbourne?' was followed up with silence, even from the hawks fans. some even consoled me saying how woeful we were...

Bell - Not his best, but tried his best against franklin

Bruce - needs to be told he is on his last chance, hit the packs and learn to kick, has not been good since his shoulder injury

Buckley - ok at times

Carroll - was slaughtered, tried to play franklin from behind.... ididot

Davey - not his best, tried to run opponents down in patches, still think he is a forward and thats it.

Garland - horrible disposal, god i hope it gets better

Green - no idea, simply looked worse than a first gamer

Johnson - nearly best on for us

Jones - as always gave his all, but a little down on the form we expect froma 19 year old........

McDonald - looked tired and slow, hope he can bounce back.

McLean - gave his all, like jones, still young and virtually alone out there

Miller - IS NOT A BACK MAN!

Moloney - looked really rusty and frustrated.

Morton - Showed something, more than a lot of our senoir players

Neitz - bigger heart than phar lap, age has wearied him, lest we forget.

Newton - would be better alone with davey in the square.

Petterd - good to see him playing, now lets get some form back.

Robertson - fat and disinterested and should be moved out to the half forward line and told to run.

Weetra - ok in patches, does look slow.

Wheatley - needed the run, and it should come at sandy with green, yze, white and bruce

White - PJ should have taken his spot as number 1 after 1/4 time

Yze - career over pretty much