• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Judd's Worth

w00dy

Juddy, this is the MFC. The team you grew up following. You dreamed of wearting the number 3 for us. Well, here it is, waiitng or you, along with the Captaincy.

Pleas God, let Judd choose the MFC. For once let the football Gods shine on us

That's pretty much it in a nutshell. If he wants to be a Melbourne player then the other clubs should become irrelevant. The only thing that would then stand in our way would be our own ability to come up with a suitable trade.

I can't imagine why he'd want to go to any other club. He's already achieved every honour in the game. Surely now the only thing that could be left for him is to bring success to the club he loved as a boy.

So. When this all becomes official, MFC better have the kitchen sink loaded up and aimed squarely at Western Australia. Anything less would be utter negligence.

This is exactly what the club need. I don't care about the fiscal side of things; we need to generate some excitement and some positivity. Think of what having a player of Chris Judd's status around would do for the players and the supporters.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If Judd is UNCONTRACTED why would Weagles get anything ??

Well if we don't do business in Trade Week we can kiss him goodbye, since Richmond have the first pick in the Pre-Season draft. Isn't it a case of if a player turns a club down in that draft, he has a 12 month vacation? Which is precisely why we need free-agency.

I guess he's uncontracted for the 2008 season, so whilst you may argue that WCE's 2007 is over, perhaps the end of year frivolities still count? I don't really understand it either, exactly.

Spose thats the 64 dollar question. What represents the 'season; in his current contract. Would have thought it meant the 22 home and away games as well as any finals resulting from it. Possibly not otherwise how would WCE get anything.

Always perplexed me that !! lol

some just dont get it ..

Judd is good.. but he's part of a team. he has a little help from time to time from the likes of Kerr.. Cousins.. he's fed by Seaby's, Cox's etc. .not to mention the Lynch's Hunter hanson of this world... its not JUST him !! Where our rucks ??

5 Million.. ...returned in membership..say 150 a pop.. that would be ...oh ...let me think.. a bit over 30000 ...!! what kind of stupidity is this. Yes you reap by investment, but at last look we didnt have 5 million to spend on a SINGLE player. We have to be alot more inventive and resourceful . To conjur up a fortune to throw at someone and thenpresto instant preniership.. honestly ...your either fools or intellectually challenged !! It just doesnt work that way.

Judd isnt alone in this universe.. there are others..

i agree with u somewat. judd is not the universe

..but not with ur judgment of some eagles players.... seaby is a [censored] as is hansen .... kerr IMO is better than judd the likes of embeley cousins and hunter are great when the team is all going swell

i do also think judd would be a good prospect in revenue.... perhaps not initally but in the long run

Critics of getting Judd have said he is not the panacea to all our problems. Well great, heads back in the sand fellas.

He wont be. But FCS, he will be a player a pure skill and class that can and does deliver in the midfield. He'll make TJ look like Nick Pesch.

For a Clu that has lacked a star for years and needs a star, it no wonder some supporters cant see what he would bring.

However if the process gets into a pi$$ing war on money we will struggle against the giants. The Age has reported it wont be solely bound by money. Great we are a chance.

There is one issue and an important one......he needs to clear a detailed medical assessment to ensure he is OP free.

The Club should be pursuing this with regard to above.

I remember Gardner coming out and saying we'll pay Judd anything to come to Melbourne in a bid to get him if he wants to comes back to Victoria. Surely, with the young talent we have, all the players who were injured this year, a new coach, a new football operations manager, fresh start, a new era- juddy would consider the side he barracked for for 17 years.

But how? how will we get him in trade week, because if no one snaps him up in trade week- and he's still uncontracted- he'll be going to Richmond

I remember Gardner coming out and saying we'll pay Judd anything to come to Melbourne in a bid to get him if he wants to comes back to Victoria. Surely, with the young talent we have, all the players who were injured this year, a new coach, a new football operations manager, fresh start, a new era- juddy would consider the side he barracked for for 17 years.

But how? how will we get him in trade week, because if no one snaps him up in trade week- and he's still uncontracted- he'll be going to Richmond

If he decides he wants to come home to Victoria he won't leave the Eagles empty handed, he's a quality person and he'd insist that the Eagles were compensated properly.

There is one issue and an important one......he needs to clear a detailed medical assessment to ensure he is OP free.

The Club should be pursuing this with regard to above.

Right but ... the trade period starts on Monday 8 October and ends at 2pm on Friday 12 October.

Judd has some sort of a groin injury. I've read many contradictory reports that suggest that it hasn't even been satisfactorily diagnosed yet (and I'm leaving aside his ankle problem which hopefully will go away in time). According to the newspaper reports (WORSFOLD: WE'LL LET JUDD GO)

"And the injured star is investigating overseas medical procedures for career-saving surgery to repair his ravaged groin."

What guarantee is there that he will have that overseas "career-saving" surgery and then be able to get a medical clearance for that "ravaged groin" within four weeks for it to be considered by the clubs that will be involved in the coming trading frenzy over him?

Absent that medical clearance, who would underwrite the massive cost of getting him to the club and what would it do to our plans of list improvement by targetting our areas of weakness if instead, we put all of our eggs in one basket and finished up with a Stephen Powell of 2001 or a Brent Moloney of 2006/7?

Judd doesn't have OP. And I look forward to this being proved beyond doubt.

Also, no one says he'll be the panacea for all that ills us. But don't underestimate the enormity of his contribution. Judd in the midfield induces a ripple effect through the entire team. It's palpable.

The 3 greatest MFC players of all time are Flower, Barassi, and Warne-Smith. They're the best in 150 years of footy. And as much as it pains me to say this, Judd's better. And we can have him for 8 years, for 150 games. It's incumbent of this football club to do everything in its power to secure his services. Despite some on here that have no clue about footy or what he brings.

Increased membership thousands more would join just because of Judd (i know i would) Regardless of us getting Judd you SHOULD get a membership!

Sponsorships we would attract We would get a lot more, that is true.

We won't get Judd unless Judd categorically nominates us as his preferred club.

If he doesn't, it's over before it started.

Exactly right, if he wants to come here then, we have to walk up to west coast and say what do you want for him?

I posted this to a Melbourne supporter I admire, but I feel sums up too many Dees supporters. I only share it because it encapsulates my frustrations of all things Melbourne.

"you "don't see Judd as the must get answer" ? You wouldn't. No disrespect and for all your quality posts, I don't see you as a footy person. You're not passionate enough for a flag and you fall into the blandness that typifies this club and its supporters. Don't feel I'm being harsh as you're a great Dees person and a very intelligent bloke, but you, and the average Dees supporter like you, is why this club is nowhere.

Football clubs exist solely to win premierships. Solely. And without this steadfast mentality a club is bound to fail. And they'll make decisions along the journey that don't meet with what should be their sole objective, whether that be in their recruiting, trading, Board decisions, etc. And clubs that don't have this sole view won't win flags. They're too hard to win if it's not your total focus.

I want a flag. I want this club to thrive. I want the best. I want Judd. And I simply can't understand anyone who doesn't rate, nor understand this opportunity. This football club is seen as irrelevant by every opposition supporter and just about every football media commentator. And yet some so called knowledgeable supporters have so little understanding of the magnitude this coup would be to the MFC. On the field and off it."

All I can hear is the cost is too great. Rubbish. The benefits far outweigh any negatives. And what's the downside ? Oh yeah, we may not win a flag anytime soon. I wonder what that's like.

Summed up perfectly, i do not care, if he will help us to a premiership then he is worth everything we can give him, and i believe he woulod be a major link in a tilt at the flag.

Judd has some sort of a groin injury. I've read many contradictory reports that suggest that it hasn't even been satisfactorily diagnosed yet (and I'm leaving aside his ankle problem which hopefully will go away in time). According to the newspaper reports (WORSFOLD: WE'LL LET JUDD GO)

"And the injured star is investigating overseas medical procedures for career-saving surgery to repair his ravaged groin."

What guarantee is there that he will have that overseas "career-saving" surgery and then be able to get a medical clearance for that "ravaged groin" within four weeks for it to be considered by the clubs that will be involved in the coming trading frenzy over him?

Jack, obviously every club will do their due diligence with respect to his injury. For some reason you appear to hope his injury is greater than alleged as if it will vindiacte your stance.

He doesn't have OP and this will be reflected in half a dozen cluns desperately chasing him. As we will and should.

I recko Moloney is an excellent player- shown by his result in the b& F 2005...he loves the dees..the club he too like judd barracked for as a kid growing up. Judd will get over the injury and produce his best again thats for sure..his presence around the club would be so invaluable. Everything the MFC does should be directed at winning a flag in the next 2-3 years. EVERYTHING- that's what they're there to do- win premierships.

Offer Judd the No 3 and make him captain of the side he loved. Money isnt everything (Im sure he's got heaps) and maybe he would settle for History instead.

This would have to be our fervent hope.

If he decides he wants to come home to Victoria he won't leave the Eagles empty handed, he's a quality person and he'd insist that the Eagles were compensated properly.

Chris Judd won't come to Melbourne just because he went for them as a kid. He'll want the Eagles compensated and Melbourne's gotta beat damn Carlton.

This is how i see it playing out.

Judd declares Melbourne as his prefered destination but must be a good deal for WCE. Essendon and Carlton gives monster bids. Melbourne stick with Bruce, Robbo/TJ and switching first round draft picks. There's a stalemate and at 1:49 Friday, Judd goes to WCE and says 'come on guys, it's not the best deal but more then fair. I don't want to be coached by Terry Wallet'. WCE agrees cause his Chris Judd.

Judd takes number three and photographs are taken with Brock, Colin, Jones, Bate and Dunn. Neita gives Juddy the grand tour and shows him our one dumbell and the place where we cut our oranges. The next day Garry Lyon will be sniffing around the club again and takes him out to lunch for the rest of his life.

Then Judd will appear on the footy show every week and Twigley to be the face of everything.

Chris Judd won't come to Melbourne just because he went for them as a kid. He'll want the Eagles compensated and Melbourne's gotta beat damn Carlton.

This is how i see it playing out.

Judd declares Melbourne as his prefered destination but must be a good deal for WCE. Essendon and Carlton gives monster bids. Melbourne stick with Bruce, Robbo/TJ and switching first round draft picks. There's a stalemate and at 1:49 Friday, Judd goes to WCE and says 'come on guys, it's not the best deal but more then fair. I don't want to be coached by Terry Wallet'. WCE agrees cause his Chris Judd.

Judd takes number three and photographs are taken with Brock, Colin, Jones, Bate and Dunn. Neita gives Juddy the grand tour and shows him our one dumbell and the place where we cut our oranges. The next day Garry Lyon will be sniffing around the club again and takes him out to lunch for the rest of his life.

Then Judd will appear on the footy show every week and Twigley to be the face of everything.

Sounds good to me! :D

Judd declares Melbourne as his prefered destination but must be a good deal for WCE. Essendon and Carlton gives monster bids.

Carlton appear to have front running in some media circles but why would Judd want to play every second game at Telstra Dome when he could play every second game on the greatest stage of all at the MCG.

All I can hear is the cost is too great. Rubbish. The benefits far outweigh any negatives. And what's the downside ? Oh yeah, we may not win a flag anytime soon. I wonder what that's like.

Great post and I agree wholeheartedly.

Carlton appear to have front running in some media circles but why would Judd want to play every second game at Telstra Dome when he could play every second game on the greatest stage of all at the MCG.

You forgot to mention... why would Judd want to play for a club who has been on the bottom of the ladder for 3 years?

He might want to come home, but that does not mean he wants to end his career by playing for bloody Carlton!

FFS, they are a rubbish team and one star won't help their cause.

That article mentions that we're preparing our bid.

I wonder if that means that all contract negotiations for out of contract players (Robbo, Trav, etc...) have been put on hold?

I'd part with pick 4 reluctantly, as I'd rather get rid of some of our senior players instead (signing Bruce for 3 years earlier this year will come back to bite us in the arse. We now can't use him as trade bait!).