9 Geelong players in the AA team - What a joke!

Yze_Magic

Pretty much confirms what I have thought all year

That the 2007 AFL season will go down as the most boring and weakest season of the modern era

How overrated are the Geelong goons? 9 players? Fair dinkum

How many players did Essendon have in the AA team in the 2000 season?

They will be sitting back wondering what is going on, and I dont blame them

Which of the Geelong players didn't deserve their place? Who would you have selected instead? I thought tonight emphasised what a team game it is. When the team succeeds the individual awards follow.

Mooney

Johnson

Corey

Milburn

Laughable

Not to mention the selections of DUSTIN FLETCHER, MATTHEW PAVLICH , BRAD JOHNSON AND ANDREW MCLEOD AS CAPTAIN!!!!

Worst team everm the selectors should be absolutely ashamed

I can't believe Mooney and Steve Johnson got the nod ahead of Lance Franklin. I mean, Franklin has been a bit erratic, but Johnson didn't play the first 6 games of the year, and Mooney has been a solid forward in an extremely good team.

Pretty much confirms what I have thought all year

That the 2007 AFL season will go down as the most boring and weakest season of the modern era

How overrated are the Geelong goons? 9 players? Fair dinkum

How many players did Essendon have in the AA team in the 2000 season?

They will be sitting back wondering what is going on, and I dont blame them

essendon only had four players from memory and where more dominant then geelong where this year, bigger percentage and lost less games.

Which of the Geelong players didn't deserve their place? Who would you have selected instead? I thought tonight emphasised what a team game it is. When the team succeeds the individual awards follow.

I agree and reckon that Paul Chapman was a bit stiff not to have made it 10. I'd love to have him in our team. He knows where the goals are and always passes the ball with precision.

Mooney in front of Franklin, Riewoldt or even Lucas is a joke.

Surely there are better CHB's running around than Matthew Egan.

Not sure what the criteria for picking the Captain is, but Mcleod did surprise me.

Other than that, it wasn't a bad team.

I agree and reckon that Paul Chapman was a bit stiff not to have made it 10. I'd love to have him in our team. He knows where the goals are and always passes the ball with precision.

Totally agree, would love to have chapman he is a gun, always keeps his feet and is very reliable

Chapman's injury really hurt his chances this year, however he was robbed last year and is undoubtably one of the cats' best. As mentioned, Mooney in ahead of Riewoldt, Franklin and Lucas is surprising to say the least. Campbell Brown is not half the player that Jed Adcock or Nick Malceski are.

Steve Johnson had 16 good games, Ebert had a good whole year and Ling IMO should struggle to make Geelong's 22 let alone the best 22 in the comp, really doesn't have a clue what to do with the ball when he gets it, one of the reasons he failed as an attacking midfielder. Even Godfrey shut down players this year, playing in a much weaker side, and he got delisted. How hard can it be to stop one player in a side which won convincingly for most of the year.

Mooney

Johnson

Corey

Milburn

Laughable

Not to mention the selections of DUSTIN FLETCHER, MATTHEW PAVLICH , BRAD JOHNSON AND ANDREW MCLEOD AS CAPTAIN!!!!

Worst team everm the selectors should be absolutely ashamed

If only you could get your one-eyed monster out of your ass for one second.

You only see what you want to see and that aint much.

How you could you even start to knock the efforts of Mooney and Milburn this season. Mooney has kicked 60 goals and is arguably the grand final favourites most important player and certainly their most important forward. Milburn is the general who has been sensational all year.

YM you seek too much attention, do you need a hug?

Yeah I've watched a fair bit of Geelong this year and Mooney has been sensational. He one grabs everything, is a big physical presence, pretty reliable set shot for goal and is the main power forward in their line-up. I've been amazed at how he's played this year and he's gone from a talented yet unpredictable and hot-headed footballer into a genuine power forward.

I think the selectors have gone a bit nuts on Geelong, but Mooney has had a great year.

If only you could get your one-eyed monster out of your ass for one second.

You only see what you want to see and that aint much.

How you could you even start to knock the efforts of Mooney and Milburn this season. Mooney has kicked 60 goals and is arguably the grand final favourites most important player and certainly their most important forward. Milburn is the general who has been sensational all year.

YM you seek too much attention, do you need a hug?

Mooney kicked 60 goals being fed by a dominant midfield. He

He should have booted 85-90, but hes not good enough

Give me Lucas or Riewoldt anyday over that pretender

Milburn is one of the the worst All-Australian selection of recent years, and there has been plenty

However,m the worst is the selection of Steve Johnson

Missed 5 games, walked back into a team that was about to catch fire then proceeded to cherry pick his way to cheap goals for the rest of the year

The selectors must go

show us your ideal team YM im interested that you think those players dont deserve a place

Backs

B - Campbell Brown Darren Glass Matthew Scarlett

HB - Chad Cornes Matthew Egan Andrew McLeod

C - Kane Cornes Jimmy Bartel Gary Ablett

HF - Brent Harvey Matthew Pavlich Scott Lucas

F - Brett Ebert Jonathan Brown Lance Franklin

R - Dean Cox Daniel Kerr Sam Mitchell

I/C - Nathan Foley Brendan Lade Joel Corey Nigel Lappin

I don't understand how they can leave out players that had one great year for last years team on the proviso that they have to back up one good year with another the next to make AA. How many Geelong players had a good year last year. They didn't even play finals.

Lucas was stiff. How can you kick 7 in a quater of footy and miss out for S Johnson?