My application

If I was applying for the job these are just some of the things I would suggest.

1. Play davey as a forward pocket

2.only draft KPP and Ruckman, are midfield is fine apart from the need for pace.

3. Pick up one of Kane Tenace, or Shannon Byrnes. One of them will be delisted end of year. And they will give us pace.

4. Play one of Bruce/green as half forwards, and one of Bate/sylvia as midfielders. Bruce and green are classier footballers, and present just as well. Where as Bate, and Sylvia will add extra grunt to our midfield. Imagine playing against a midfield of Jones Mclean Sylvia Bate Moloney in 2 years. I would be scared.

5.If PJ or any other 2nd ruckman wants to get a game learn how to play in the forward pocket

We can not affod to have players play 50% of the game. Sorry its not good enough.

6. When comming out of the backline give Wheatley the ball. HE CAN KICK IT BETTER THAN ANY1 ELSE. give it to him!!!

7. Give Craig Cameron a pay rise. He is a star.

8.Dlist one of ward/nathan brown.

9.Make Cam bruce kick the ball 100 time a session, and if he misses one target start again. YOU ARE AN AFL FOOTBALLER. KICK LIKE ONE.

10. Give Whelan, and Rivers personal massages if necessary to make sure they are right for next year.

11. Lots of team bonding session over preseason. Allow Mclean and Jonesy's attitude to rub off on some of the more senior players.

12. So much more but I got to get to work...maybe ill continue later on.

DD

Guest redandbluethruandthru
If I was applying for the job these are just some of the things I would suggest.

2.only draft KPP and Ruckman, are midfield is fine apart from the need for pace.

3. Pick up one of Kane Tenace, or Shannon Byrnes. One of them will be delisted end of year. And they will give us pace.

4. Play one of Bruce/green as half forwards, and one of Bate/sylvia as midfielders. Bruce and green are classier footballers, and present just as well. Where as Bate, and Sylvia will add extra grunt to our midfield. Imagine playing against a midfield of Jones Mclean Sylvia Bate Moloney in 2 years. I would be scared.

5.If PJ or any other 2nd ruckman wants to get a game learn how to play in the forward pocket

We can not affod to have players play 50% of the game. Sorry its not good enough.

6. When comming out of the backline give Wheatley the ball. HE CAN KICK IT BETTER THAN ANY1 ELSE. give it to him!!!

9.Make Cam bruce kick the ball 100 time a session, and if he misses one target start again. YOU ARE AN AFL FOOTBALLER. KICK LIKE ONE.

10. Give Whelan, and Rivers personal massages if necessary to make sure they are right for next year.

11. Lots of team bonding session over preseason. Allow Mclean and Jonesy's attitude to rub off on some of the more senior players.

DD

YOUR HIRED. I agree with you on all points except the pay rise for CC. He still needs to deliver a quality ruckman

I agree with your underlying point regarding the weaknesses in our list. However, picking rucks in the draft is notoriously difficult. If you take a look at the AFL rucks going around these days you'll find many of them came of the rookie list etc. One likely reason for this is that rucks take much longer to develop, so it's harder to judge them on what they're like at ~17 years of age.

I'd pick up a quality quick mid with one of my top picks.

DD

DD's 12 simple points to success!

The problem is mate that almost none of these issues are that simple. If they were, they'd have already been addressed the way you've said.

Often from the outside the answer looks obvious, but if there's an obvious answer to you and the FD haven't thought of it, it means there's more to it than you understand.

Agree with everything you say except this. White and PJ have both proved effective pinchhitters down forward, it is more the coaches who don't position them there.

surely, MFC aren't that stupid to pick the best KPP or Ruckmen again.

Pick the best talent regardless if his a mid or KPP. Bring on next year now.

James Kelly was really struggling last year yet cats played hard ball.(wanted early to mid first draft pick from memory). Will do the same with Tenace n Brynes. We'll do well if we pick them up for nothing.

trade one of bruce or green.

Not because they are bad players, but because they will command a mid first round pick (hopefully around pick10) which will mean this draft will set us up for years to come.

Neither bruce or green are seriously crucial to our team structure because they dont play key position or in the guts.

i would prefer for the new coach to take a realistic look at our list and admit that we wont be contenders for the premiership next year. If we're just gonna scrape into finals next year and not really contend to go all the way then what's the point. better off basing our new team around the last 4 years of drafting and getting 4 top 20 picks (3,10,18,20) for this years draft ala hawthorn last fwe years.

3. I actually would love to get Playfair. I know people dont rate him but i think he could be the answer for up forward. Tenace and Byrnes are good too. I also think we do need to recruit KPP but also midfielders for depth. Trade Bruce i recon. Ken McGreggor is also out of contract. Probobly not worth a go tho. Ricky Dyson is also out of contract. Charlie Guardner may be an option too for pace. B ut the number one player i would address is James Kelly...someone who is really struggleing for a game but has shown in previous years he has a lot of talant

3. I actually would love to get Playfair. I know people dont rate him but i think he could be the answer for up forward. Tenace and Byrnes are good too. I also think we do need to recruit KPP but also midfielders for depth. Trade Bruce i recon. Ken McGreggor is also out of contract. Probobly not worth a go tho. Ricky Dyson is also out of contract. Charlie Guardner may be an option too for pace. B ut the number one player i would address is James Kelly...someone who is really struggleing for a game but has shown in previous years he has a lot of talant

Playfair :wacko: We've ready got a playa like that. Miller ring any bells.

Isn't Charlie Gardiner a tall forward for Geelong? If it is, he's crap.

Demon Domination , Congrats you hit the nail right on the head. In particular point no 11. If only some of our so called senior players had the attitude of "Casey" Jones and "The Brockster" we would all be applauding the teams efforts and probably be a touch happier. If only?????????????????

Here come 2 other points that i forgot to mention

13. If Pavlich is up for trade. He is worth our no.1 pick. He would solve many of our problems.

14. Create a leadership group of Mclean Jones Bate Bell Neitz Jmac and Robbo. Our most passionate players. good mix of experience and youth.