Monday's Sandringham Teams

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Half forwards Poyas Miller Crowe

Forwards M Newton Sautner Dunn

if dunn and juice have a better output than milsy then he is in trouble.

good point. but it will be interesting to see how they actually line up and play together. a lot of the talk on demonland has suggested miller and dunn cant both play in the same forward line, particularly when neita is at full forward. swap neita for sauntner and add newton to the mix (perhaps the equivalent of having a robbo in there...)

fwiw it will be interesting to see how mark williams utilises miller. given that we know that sandy play to win, not to develop mfc players, and newton, sautner and dunn are the in form forwards you would think miller would be second choice...

fwiw it will be interesting to see how mark williams utilises miller.

Given Coburg's strength up forward, it wouldn't surprise me to see him line up in defence. Maybe on Kingsley.

Haha, Kingsley... what an inspired move by Terry 'The Tan' Wallace. A complete dud, whos annual Demon demolition prolonged his AFL career :rolleyes: :angry:

miller playing in defence wont help him get back into the dees side. frawley has first dibs on that position, and rightfully so. holland is the clear choice for the gorillas, and i dont think miller would play them that well anyway...

miller playing in defence wont help him get back into the dees side. frawley has first dibs on that position, and rightfully so. holland is the clear choice for the gorillas, and i dont think miller would play them that well anyway...

It has taken me a while, but I've finally conceeded that the only way Miller is ever going to be a regular senior player for Melbourne, is if he becomes a full-time defender.

Holland has a year left, probably less.

Frawley is more suited to agile, quick forwards, while Rivers is a CHB.

A backline of: Carroll, Rivers, Frawley, Miller, Bartram and Bell looks quite good on paper. You got 3 players with good pace who can create run, a genius reader of the play, and 2 big "don't mess with me" players.

Of course, this means that Miller will need to do a pre-season with the defenders and really learn that side of the game.

He has shown his ability to defend, and he can punch the ball better than he can mark or kick it.

It is the only way he'll stay a footballer at the MFC. The competition for spots up forward is far greater than it is down back... especially given Miller's lack of natural forward instinct.

Have we got the confirmed final Reserves and Senior Sandringham sides? Due to circumstances beyond my control, I'll be at these games rather than the 'G tomorrow. At least I'll get to watch SOME Demons running around at the very least.

how does wheels not walk into the senior team? what in the world? surely you give him the day off and a week break in between before the next game. if he plays i will be eternally bewildered.

With all due respect, Wrecker when fit has had a bad year, and when brought back from injury, was a liability. Yes he's a champion of the club, but at some point you have to allow for him to be regarded as the kind of player that may need a week in the magoos. It's happened to ooze, it'll happen to Neitz if he relinquishes the captaincy and uns into bad form. It's a bit early for Wheels to fall back to the packin terms of quality, and I'm sure he'll come back better than ever in the next 12 months, but for now...

Also, it doesn't help when you've got Petterd and Bell looking magnificent on the two flanks.

i remember this site went in raptures when we landed Jace Bode! things change....

It did? I think I remember one, maybe two people say he could have gone in the proper draft. Hardly went into raptures though.

Have we got the confirmed final Reserves and Senior Sandringham sides? Due to circumstances beyond my control, I'll be at these games rather than the 'G tomorrow. At least I'll get to watch SOME Demons running around at the very least.

G'day Mick - enjoy Coburg.

These are not confirmed but based on my guesswork form selected teams, here are my suggested lists of the players for tomorrow:-

Sandringham Seniors

7. Shane Valenti

8. Rod Crowe

10. Peter Summers

11. Nick Sautner

12. Ezra Poyas

13. Stefan Martin

16. Andy Biddlecombe

17. David Gallagher

20. Chris Lamb

27. Chris Johnson

29. Michael Newton

33. Chad Liddell

34. Simon Buckley

36. Brad Miller

37. Matthew Warnock

39. Ben Holland

41. Lynden Dunn

44. Colin Garland

49. Shane Neaves

73. Byron Pickett

75. Nathan Brown

79. Matthew Whelan

Sandringam Reserves

1. Rennie Gilchrist

2. Tom Paterakis

3. Guy Martyn

5. Sam Monaghan

6. Stephen Ott

14. Marc Johnston

15. Tomi Johnston

22. Ewen McKenzie

23. Peter McGettigan

24. Mark Gibb

25. Brett Liddell

26. Heath Neville

28. Isaac Weetra

46. Dominic Dunn

47. Daniel Hayes

48. Jace Bode

50. Thomas Dean

51. Daniel Turcarelli

52. Thomas Paule

56. Daniel Gribbin

57. Shane Tregear

62. Daniel Collyer

65. Nicholas Henry

66. Phillip Zarra

67. Adrian Gileno

Look forward to a comprehensive report Mick!

G'day Mick - enjoy Coburg.

These are not confirmed but based on my guesswork form selected teams, here are my suggested lists of the players for tomorrow:-

Sandringham Seniors

7. Shane Valenti 8. Rod Crowe 10. Peter Summers 11. Nick Sautner 12. Ezra Poyas 13. Stefan Martin 16. Andy Biddlecombe 17. David Gallagher 20. Chris Lamb 27. Chris Johnson 29. Michael Newton 33. Chad Liddell 34. Simon Buckley 36. Brad Miller 37. Matthew Warnock 39. Ben Holland 41. Lynden Dunn 44. Colin Garland 49. Shane Neaves 73. Byron Pickett 75. Nathan Brown 79. Matthew Whelan

If WJ's right then the changes from last week's losing team v North Ballarat are as follows -

IN: Nathan Brown Ben Holland Brad Miller Matthew Whelan Chris Lamb Ezra Poyas Shane Valenti

OUT: Jace Bode Heath Neville Rennie Gilchrist Marc Johnston Tomi Johnston Peter McGettigan Tom Paterakis (all omitted)

Six of the seven "ins" have a wealth of AFL experience, four are on the current MFC list and Valenti is a good chance to be rookied at the end of the year.

FB Wheelan ... brown

HB CJ Holland Warnock

C ... ... ...

HF Pickett Newton Dunn

F Miller ... ...

R ... ... ...

Apart from newton they have all player a few games for the dees this year...add neaves, buckly and garland to that mix and it looks like a melbourne side...the back line looks like it will be pretty good...

can you bet on sandy games?

SCORE UPDATE

Early Stages 3rd Quarter

Sandringham 11.2.68

Coburg Tigers 6.4.40

Streamed Live online at www.radio1611.com.au

The above score should have read 11.8 to 6.4

ANYWAY, late stages final quarter...

Sandringham 15.15.105

Coburg Tigers 11.6.72

Sandy won by about 5 goals...

Miller kicked 6 and should have been more - took some ripper marks.

Newton kicked 2 or 3, also should have been more. He took one really really good mark, and a did a few other decent things before disappearing after half time

Brown was very good down back - Whelan showed his good judgement.

Gallagher is a brilliant footballer.

Sandringham 5.1.31 9.8.62 12.10.82 15.17.107

Coburg Tigers 4.3.27 6.3.39 9.5.59 12.6.78

Goals

Sandringham Miller 6 Gallagher 3 Newton 2 Dunn Garland Poyas Summers

Coburg Tigers Schulz 3 Brown Krakouer Riewoldt 2 F Caruso N Caruso Moore

Best

Sandringham Gallagher Miller Brown Warnock Dunn Buckley

Coburg Tigers Horne Shelton Silvester Krakouer Hartigan Caruso

Reserves

Sandringham 1.5.11 3.6.24 7.8.50 10.10.70

Coburg Tigers 3.2.20 8.3.51 13.9.81 16.15.111

Goals

Sandringham Gileno Martyn Monaghan 2 Dunne Gilchrist Hayes McKenzie

Coburg Tigers Mullins 4 Currie 4 Robertson 2 Liddle Gazzo Hill Krojs Carrick Dagher

Best

Sandringham Monaghan Gilchrist McGettigan Hayes Neville Turcarelli

Coburg Tigers Dowd Vasilevski Mullins Robertson Hill Clingan