Email from Peter Lawrence

Satan

4 minutes ago, Dante said:

I’m not biased at all, yourself?

I’ve seen your previous posts on this matter and I’d say there is great deal of bias on your part. 

No I don't have any bias if proof that the board is being mismanaged I'm all for a full review, I don't go off a friend of a friend or media senerio as fact, show facts and proof that's all is it that hard.

5 minutes ago, Dante said:

Peter is a Melbourne man, first and last. He has never tried to buy his way to a position of influence.

The banning of him from the club was purely spite. He’s a good guy and only wants what’s best for the club. 

You do realise that the club cannot have dealings personally while legal action is being taken don't you?

34 minutes ago, demon3165 said:

Coming from a friend sure there is no bias, and it's not damming at all you have a guy that has an axe to grind, so of course you you cut off communication and it all  goes through lawyers while there is a court case going on, any fool knows that.

I was upfront with my saying I was a friend and also that I advised him against going again.

What about you, what if any connections do you have with the board?

Why would the board deprive the club of any donations and player sponsorships? 

Peter doesn’t have an axe to grind, he was only asking for fair and unbiased elections, which we don’t have. You got that?

• Like 4
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, demon3165 said:

You do realise that the club cannot have dealings personally while legal action is being taken don't you?

You know that for a fact do you? Which part of the club’s constitution says that? 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

This is damning to read.

Thanks Dante.

What part of it is damning?

The closed shop nature of AFL club boards is widely accepted across the competition as being not ideal but better than the alternative. Elections are costly and turn in to popularity contests and destabilase the direction of the club. And there's no guarantees you'll elect good candidates with the right skills mix. Where as if you appoint a candidate selection committee they can vet candidates, pick the best ones and get the right skills.

Again, it's not ideal, but who has any faith in the MFC members being able to elect the right candidates?

As for the player sponsor stuff? You can't sue the club in the Federal court and have them keep taking your money and granting you special sponsors benefits. That's fantasy land stuff. Hopefully now the legal action is resolved they can work on a path towards reconciliation. Or at least they might if he's not calling for wild all of club reviews.

The real shame here is the board and Peter clearly both compromised on a number of points and left the judge only 1 thing to actually rule on. Had Peter just let 1 more thing go they could've avoided the costly and frankly embarrassing for all sides trial. Nothing wrong with wanting some election rules reforms but clearly the judge didn't agree at all that the board couldn't propose rules that restricted elections from turning in to all circuses. 

• Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Dante said:

You know that for a fact do you? Which part of the club’s constitution says that? 

Ok I will try to say this so you understand If you are suing me for something and it becomes legal action would you be talking to me without legal representation being there.

11 minutes ago, Dante said:

I was upfront with my saying I was a friend and also that I advised him against going again.

What about you, what if any connections do you have with the board?

Why would the board deprive the club of any donations and player sponsorships? 

Peter doesn’t have an axe to grind, he was only asking for fair and unbiased elections, which we don’t have. You got that?

I have no connections with the club, I have explained my views about a review did you read it, all I ask is show proof of mismanagement and then I will have no problem having  a review of the board I just don't don't go believing in heresy.

10 minutes ago, demon3165 said:

Ok I will try to say this so you understand If you are suing me for something and it becomes legal action would you be talking to me without legal representation being there.

if I knew what you were saying and what relevance it had to what I asked you, I’d be happy to respond

6 minutes ago, demon3165 said:

• Like 1

Just now, Dante said:

if I knew what you were saying and what relevance it had to what I asked you, I’d be happy to respond

Well if you don't understand I cannot help you you seem to think everything comes from a constitution.

3 minutes ago, demon3165 said:

Where's the proof, surly you have some to share with us?

Why are you so against a review? What do you think it might reveal? 
if there are no problems then at least we will have shown transparency 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, demon3165 said:

Well if you don't understand I cannot help you you seem to think everything comes from a constitution.

Read what you said, it makes no sense, then again it probably does to you. 

1 minute ago, Dante said:

Why are you so against a review? What do you think it might reveal? 
if there are no problems then at least we will have shown transparency 

Jesus did you read my reply at all.

5 minutes ago, demon3165 said:

Jesus did you read my reply at all.

No need to call me Jesus, just Dante will do 

Now where did I mention talking to someone with out legal representation?

You’re just looking for an argument, you do whenever this subject is discussed and you get more strident the longer it continues. Why don’t you just finish your drink and go to bed. 

Edited by Dante

Just a question throughout all this vitriol.

Does the club review it entire operation every year? Does anyone know?

Who can comment on the club processes and their outcome? 

Each department and level at the club has to report to the board. There is ongoing data getting to the board every month to however often they meet. Does anyone here believe that the board is shocked at the season outcome or didn't know there was a problem?

Boards at other clubs are determined by the skillset of the individual and their relevance to their board post. You often get invited to join a board it isn't random or open to just any applicant.

Is our club process adhering to best practice? Do other clubs we could benchmark against fill their board positions the same way?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dante said:

The court ruled that the club had to give him the opportunity to contact the members. If you don’t want him to contact you just delete it and direct any further correspondence to your spam file or unsubcriibe.

That's a cop out. How about he doesn't go to court to get my protected details and he doesn't contact me in the first place.

I am going to be seeking advice of my own today. 

Just unbelievable that my details have been handed to this random.

My biggest gripe with this board and administration, is that they’ve let our brand get so badly damaged. 

Perception is everything in a business with as much public exposure as ours, and the perception around the MFC for a number of years now is that we are a club with a rotten culture and toxic environment.

Now that may well be false, and I  strongly believe that our culture is no better or worse than any other club’s. 

Every club has in fighting, players who party too hard, staff members who are disliked or doing a poor job. But no other club cops as much constant negative attention as ours does. 

Now it is easy to say to fans ignore the outside noise, but the reality is that this negativity surrounding our club impacts everything. It impacts sponsors and advertisers, it impacts supporter and member numbers, and perhaps most importantly, it impacts our ability to attract top end talent from other clubs. 

For a number of years now we’ve failed to get the players we’ve been after from other clubs. Not thru a lack of trying, but because nobody wants to walk into a fire.

Rightly or wrongly, our club’s board and administration is responsible for the narrative that is out there of our club, and despite our relatively positive on field performances over their time in charge, our brand has never been less desirable. 

Why are we constantly being talked about as having poor culture? Why are we constantly battling multiple lawsuits? Why have we not been able to quiet the external noises of failure that consistently follow our club?

This is the failure of the people who run this club and it’s costing us dearly. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Clap 3

1 hour ago, Stretch Johnson said:

That's a cop out. How about he doesn't go to court to get my protected details and he doesn't contact me in the first place.

Jesus have you ever shopped online or used social media? Because let me tell you the amount of personal information that random strangers have of you on the internet should be far more concerning to you. 

Peter doesn’t have your TFN and credit card details. He has your email address, the email address you gave the club when you signed up as a member and which you OPTED IN to receiving communication. 
He is not coming to your house at night to have a chat through your window. 
He sent you an email that you can read, or delete, or block. He did that because while you may not be interested, he knows that many of our members do in fact care about what he’s trying to achieve.

I certainly don’t want my board to be run like a dictatorship. I pay a lot of money to be a member of this club and I want full transparency. It is the least we all deserve. 

• Like 10

lol. It’s an email account with the ability to send unwanted emails directly to the Spam Folder or Trash. 

• Like 2

This is a slight overreaction. There’s no personalisation. Just an email address. This is akin to receiving a flyer in your letterbox back in the day.

I could find out more about you in an hour if I wanted. Just using your Demonland user name as a reference point. Add to that, the enormous amount of information that’s in your Google profile. (You don’t need a Google account to have a profile. They can accurately profile individuals without it)

• Like 3