Garry Lyon brilliant!

Loved Garry Lyon as a player but over the years I've found that he has gone out of his way to be critical of our club. In recent times I feel that has changed. Started in SEN a few days ago but his impassioned segment on 'On The Couch' was next level. Spoke eloquently and with heart about the Petracca situation and made more sense in 10 minutes than all other pundits combined. Also loved the way he slapped down Clarkson's clip about Viney. If you haven't seen it do yourself a favour. Red and Blue through and through. ❤💙

ADMIN EDIT:

Edited by Demonland
Added the Segment Clip
  • Like 11
  • Clap 6

I actually didn’t think what Clarko said was to bad really. Just that he wants some players of high quality character which he sees Jack as.

But wow, Garry did go full “red and blue” mode on the couch tonight. Was very passionate in his words and didn’t let Bucks or Browny get a word in.

Really was great from someone in the media who realistically should be sitting on the fence when commenting on any club but his love for the dees really showed though here.

Worth a look on Kayo.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Deeko2 said:

I actually didn’t think what Clarko said was to bad really. Just that he wants some players of high quality character which he sees Jack as.

But wow, Garry did go full “red and blue” mode on the couch tonight. Was very passionate in his words and didn’t let Bucks or Browny get a word in.

Really was great from someone in the media who realistically should be sitting on the fence when commenting on any club but his love for the dees really showed though here.

Worth a look on Kayo.

Agree re Clarko but he did backflip in 24 hours. Yes, Garry was a passionate Demon tonight but he actually told the story as it probably is without the sensationalism in which others indulge. Brown and Buckley were basically speechless. Lyon made so much sense that one could not argue against it. You know what? I came away from this thinking it could be a great fork in the road for us. Through injury and other circumstances it has been the season from hell. Succeed on Friday night and its 12 wins. Collingwood,  Carlton and Essendon barely or not as good with a fraction of our issues. Christian no doubt has been through trauma. This will be another evolutionary off season step. Change will occur. Draftees will arrive. Trades will be made. Stars will return.  A host of young players will further develop. Coaches will move on. We'll be back!

• Like 13
  • Clap 3

It wad brilliant. Good on him. The second-proudest I've been of Gary Lyon since he couldn't help himself and gave our boys a subtle fist pump while holding the Premiership cup with Chris Grant during the 2021 grand final pre-game formalities. 

Also an interesting tidbit later re. Clarry exploring a possible overseas training camp in the off-season and being hell-bent on hitting 2025 in ripping fitness.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 3

Garry was brilliant and I loved the fact he said his passion comes from the Melbourne Football Club being his family business. He loves the club. It was both cathartic and confidence building as a Dees supporter.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, Deelectable said:

Sorry, not atm. I'm sure someone will soon! Replay on Kayo atm.

I've watched it on Kayo but that's not available in a sharable format on here. Fox Footy sometimes put segments like this on YouTube or Twitter/Facebook. If it is posted there I can easily share it here.

• Like 1

Just now, Demonland said:

I've watched it on Kayo but that's not available in a sharable format on here. Fox Footy sometimes put segments like this on YouTube or Twitter/Facebook. If it is posted there I can easily share it here.

👍

• Like 1

Someone from the Media upset him on Sunday and i think it was a line in the sand from that nondescript nobody with a stupid question.

• Love 2

I just watched it on Kayo.

It was good, but jeepers, a few of you made it sound like the sermon on the mount. 

If you want a sermon, come to me.

• Like 3
  • Haha 11
  • Clap 1
  • Thinking 1

Just now, Adam The God said:

I just watched it on Kayo.

It was good, but jeepers, a few of you made it sound like the sermon on the mount. 

If you want a sermon, come to me.

Geez one minute you’re someone’s lowly PA. Next minute you’re Martin Luther King. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 9
  • Clap 1

1 hour ago, Gawndy the Great said:

Was a good spiel by Garry. It’s the only show where you listen to what he has to say as a Melbourne supporter. Other shows he does his job as commentator, host which is fair enough. 

And in the segment, The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, Garry’s pick for The Good was HP35. Onya Gaz!

• Like 2
  • Love 3

3 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

And in the segment, The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, Garry’s pick for The Good was HP35. Onya Gaz!

I agree with Gary. Thought it was a mighty shank, then after the swearing subsided, watched it bend its way through. Lovely goal!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Haven't watched it, might not bother ruining the good vibes by even bothering to be honest. It's a difficult job to be impartial in the media and at times I think you have to call out players, officials or the club that you support for their own sake.

But when it's time for unity - and more often than not in footy unity is the right answer - it's nice to have someone dig in and provide a bit of a defence and cover for the club. Good for Gaz.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1