Last time I ever sit in the members

Yze_Magic

M53

Reserved seating

Biggest bunch of toffs I have ever come across. It was embarrassing to be a Melbourne supporter today. The fools in that section whinge and moan about anything. I almost blew my top when I stood up for 10 seconds to put my jumper on and some guy behind me told me to hurry up sit down. I almost belted him. Absolute loser. If you are reading this, grow some balls you pathetic sliver spoon Brighton toff.

Melbourne supprters - WORST IN THE COMP.

Even though I am a member, I will be sitting in General Admission from now on with the real footy fans.

{Mod Edit: Y_M, you have just returned from suspension. I would watch what I write if I were you!}

you know what YM, I have to agree with you (and I am from Brighton and i am an MFC/MCC member!).

there are some pathetic souls in the mcc - melbourne supporters who complain and moan all the time whether we win, lose or draw. And you can gauratnee these ones will not fork out for their MFC membership. I ask the whingers are they MFC members and if they say no i say well you are not entitled to an opinion so please shut up!

But please YM dont put as all in the same category - i am a 10 year MFC member, I try and remain as positive as possible and despite being from Brighton i am a pleasant enough guy - really!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you know what YM, I have to agree with you (and I am from Brighton and i am an MFC/MCC member!).

there are some pathetic souls in the mcc - melbourne supporters who complain and moan all the time whether we win, lose or draw. And you can gauratnee these ones will not fork out for their MFC membership. I ask the whingers are they MFC members and if they say no i say well you are not entitled to an opinion so please shut up!

But please YM dont put as all in the same category - i am a 10 year MFC member, I try and remain as positive as possible and despite being from Brighton i am a pleasant enough guy - really!

People moan because they are passionate. What is this crap if u arent a member u dont have an opinion what a load of rubbish! What just because I havent paid my $40 special membership fee as I am an MCC member I dont get to have a say? Even though I go to every game. Load of rubbish. You are moaning about people moaning so u cant really talk can u?

On a lighter note, I did see one elderly gentleman going into the MCC members yesterday who was the archetypal Coodabeens Melbourne supporter ... Houndstooth felt hat, check jacket with elbow patches, blue RM Williams shirt with red and blue diagonal striped tie, moleskin pants and brown leather boots. There were others ... my wife thought they were a real hoot.

I'm a big fan of the fact that you are not a supporter unless you're a member. You're a barracker.

Any MCC members who isn't an MFC $40 member this year has to do some explaining to me, because I just can't see why any one of them wouldn't do it.

I'm a big fan of the fact that you are not a supporter unless you're a member. You're a barracker.

Any MCC members who isn't an MFC $40 member this year has to do some explaining to me, because I just can't see why any one of them wouldn't do it.

What a load of rubbish. So my 70 year old grandmother from the country who doesnt have a membership is just a barracker? What a load of rubbish she cant help the fact she cant afford a membership and doesnt qualift to be a "supporter"

I almost blew my top when I stood up for 10 seconds to put my jumper on and some guy behind me told me to hurry up sit down.

Would it have anything to do with the fact that it was a Kangaroos jumper you were putting on?

getting tired of the mcc whinging. it's so over generalized. at least mcc members show up. shouldn't you be questioning those in the outer who don't have to pay $600 a year yet still aren't members?

i for one am an mcc member, who pays for a proper dees membership just so the club gets the money. i'm a uni student saving to go overseas, so i could easily just buy the $40 one or not a membership at all, essentially i'm paying for a scarf, but i do it anyway. but that's just me and i do understand many don't, i just feel frustrated by being painted with the same brush, especially when the club sends me letters saying 'the club needs you to be a member' even though i already am!

getting tired of the mcc whinging. it's so over generalized. at least mcc members show up. shouldn't you be questioning those in the outer who don't have to pay $600 a year yet still aren't members?

i for one am an mcc member, who pays for a proper dees membership just so the club gets the money. i'm a uni student saving to go overseas, so i could easily just buy the $40 one or not a membership at all, essentially i'm paying for a scarf, but i do it anyway. but that's just me and i do understand many don't, i just feel frustrated by being painted with the same brush, especially when the club sends me letters saying 'the club needs you to be a member' even though i already am!

I agree I get sick of being degraded because I am not a paid up member but I am an MCC member. I show up every week, week in week out. I only just finished uni last year and am currently trying to work out where I am going to pull the money for the MCC membership as I now have to pay this let alone a full Melbourne membership. And I havent forked out $40 membership because I am an idiot and superstitious but I intend to get one next week.

I agree I get sick of being degraded because I am not a paid up member but I am an MCC member. I show up every week, week in week out. I only just finished uni last year and am currently trying to work out where I am going to pull the money for the MCC membership as I now have to pay this let alone a full Melbourne membership. And I havent forked out $40 membership because I am an idiot and superstitious but I intend to get one next week.

I don't think MCC members should be degraded, or ridiculed for not buying an MFC membership. I understand financially, it is not accessible to some.

However, if you are not a paid up member, i don't think you have the right to complain about the club. Like Mickrocks said - seperates the barrackers from the supporters

M53

Reserved seating

Biggest bunch of toffs I have ever come across. It was embarrassing to be a Melbourne supporter today. The fools in that section whinge and moan about anything. I almost blew my top when I stood up for 10 seconds to put my jumper on and some guy behind me told me to hurry up sit down. I almost belted him. Absolute loser. If you are reading this, grow some balls you pathetic sliver spoon Brighton toff.

Melbourne supprters - WORST IN THE COMP.

Even though I am a member, I will be sitting in General Admission from now on with the real footy fans.

{Mod Edit: Y_M, you have just returned from suspension. I would watch what I write if I were you!}

HArsh- but there are people who arent TRUE melbourne supporters in the mcc..im an mcc member and get cut too , but when your team 0-9, supporters have evry right to moan and whinge about almost everyone and everything

What a load of rubbish. So my 70 year old grandmother from the country who doesnt have a membership is just a barracker? What a load of rubbish she cant help the fact she cant afford a membership and doesnt qualift to be a "supporter"

Certainly more in reference to MCC members than any other.

If you can afford the $500 MCC membership, you can afford the $40 extra to become an MFC member.

I understand that others can not afford to purchase the $160 membership - there are always extenuating circumstances, however don't give me the crap about not being able to afford $40 on top of the $500 you've forked out. Its about $2 a week for the season.

I stand by the fact that an MCC member who is not an MFC member is not a supporter. They are a barracker.

Certainly more in reference to MCC members than any other.

If you can afford the $500 MCC membership, you can afford the $40 extra to become an MFC member.

I understand that others can not afford to purchase the $160 membership - there are always extenuating circumstances, however don't give me the crap about not being able to afford $40 on top of the $500 you've forked out. Its about $2 a week for the season.

I stand by the fact that an MCC member who is not an MFC member is not a supporter. They are a barracker.

You did not read my post correctly. I can afford the $40 but I have held off as I am stupidly superstitious which I wont go further into but I will get my membership this week. However even if I was a paid up member I still dont condone calling those who arent non-supporters. Whatever u want to call them we need more of them so I wouldnt be labelling them and degrading them. You are not superior just because u choose to pay

I have to agree with YM here. It might not just be Melbourne supporters but there are just some supporters who go to the game as if they are watching it at home. I remember being at the final in 05 against the cats and being in those seats that had barely any leg room, getting up for people to go past and just hitting the seat in front with my knee unintentionally and the guy told me to go easy on the seat! sorry but soft***ks really bug me. Someone I know got told off for clapping too loud!Don't go if you can't put up with it! honestly

I have to agree with YM here. It might not just be Melbourne supporters but there are just some supporters who go to the game as if they are watching it at home. I remember being at the final in 05 against the cats and being in those seats that had barely any leg room, getting up for people to go past and just hitting the seat in front with my knee unintentionally and the guy told me to go easy on the seat! sorry but soft***ks really bug me. Someone I know got told off for clapping too loud!Don't go if you can't put up with it! honestly

Well that sounds fair enough. But its the same with going to anything really, when u go to a concert people tell u off for standing up I mean what is with that? Its just one of the things u have to put up with when going to public events

Would it have anything to do with the fact that it was a Kangaroos jumper you were putting on?

And it was about 60 seconds from full time................?

I sit in the mcc week in, week out. And i like to think i buck the trend when it comes to mcc supporters.

Because a considerable amount are just plain stupid.

I am fed up with supporters moaning and groaning whenever Ward, Bell, Green and to a lesser extent Brown stream out of the backline to have absolutely no options at CHF to kick to. Yesterday, on countless occasions we'd burst out of our defensive 50m and be confronted with Hamish McIntosh and another of the Roos' midfielders across our half-forward line, forcing our rebounding defenders to go short, sideways or backwards. This is greeted with jeers and mumurs of discontent with the un 'football' educated supporters of the mcc and surrounding areas.

'Kick it long!'

'stop mucking around'

Dumb supporters. They've got no option to kick to.

Why kick it a 3 on 1??

I'd rather see us kseep hold of the footy, then kick to the 3 on 1 and watch the defenders have the ball sail over their heads on the rebound.

This is why i like Doggy Brown, he consistently plays on and breaks the lines, kicking it over CHF and thus eradicating this dilema (sp?)

Had we the skill and pace of the Bulldogs, we could afford to play on at all cost, 'run and carry', so to speak. But we don't and thus are compelled to chip it short and wait for a better option.

Rant over.

Look we cannot turn on our own. Not everyone who goes is a footy expert and whether u like certain supporters or not bums on seats is what we need. I sit in the MCC too I love sitting there but at Telstra Dome I sat with the Bulldogs cheer squad and nearly had my head kicked in but I am not going to whinge and go off at the Bulldogs supporters. We need more Melbourne supporters in general paid up or not, just going to games so I do not think we should sit here turning on our own.

Some great posts in this thread

Keep up the good work guys

ps. KILL M53

Ok, obviously not every single person is as I described

But I would say that THE VAST majority of people in the rows surrounding me were as i described

I also think they need to brush up on the rules of the game, and possibly should try and refrain from embarrassing themselves from calling out stupid comments they think are rude and nasty when in fact they are quite lame and outdated

It felt like i was sitting at a game in the 1930's

Never again.

I sit in the mcc week in, week out. And i like to think i buck the trend when it comes to mcc supporters.

Because a considerable amount are just plain stupid.

I am fed up with supporters moaning and groaning whenever Ward, Bell, Green and to a lesser extent Brown stream out of the backline to have absolutely no options at CHF to kick to. Yesterday, on countless occasions we'd burst out of our defensive 50m and be confronted with Hamish McIntosh and another of the Roos' midfielders across our half-forward line, forcing our rebounding defenders to go short, sideways or backwards. This is greeted with jeers and mumurs of discontent with the un 'football' educated supporters of the mcc and surrounding areas.

'Kick it long!'

'stop mucking around'

Dumb supporters. They've got no option to kick to.

Why kick it a 3 on 1??

I'd rather see us kseep hold of the footy, then kick to the 3 on 1 and watch the defenders have the ball sail over their heads on the rebound.

This is why i like Doggy Brown, he consistently plays on and breaks the lines, kicking it over CHF and thus eradicating this dilema (sp?)

Had we the skill and pace of the Bulldogs, we could afford to play on at all cost, 'run and carry', so to speak. But we don't and thus are compelled to chip it short and wait for a better option.

Rant over.

So many around me like this also.....but I let them know and yell....."Who would you like them to kick too??"