NON-MFC: Round 10

22 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

There's belief And there's the leading team thinking oh no they're going to run us down like they do every week to the other teams

Self fulfilling a lot of the time And clearly the more they do it the more confident they are

It’s always been both. Luck has a say in most, if not all, close games, whether it’s the bounce of our unpredictable ball or whether the umpire pays/doesn’t pay a free that is/isn’t there. Not everything is in Collingwood’s control and therefore they must rely on luck. 

Their system for closing down games when they hold the lead late is perfection though, as is their ability to feed off the almost-always pro-Collingwood crowd to claw back deficits. 

• Like 3

Interesting last night Ben Dixon showed some examples of Brisbane lions players who ran over 20 metres & didnt get pulled up.

It just would have been interesting to see what could have happened if there was a ball up with 15 seconds to go in the crows forward line 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Winners at last said:

I watched the post match on Kayo, who presumably take the Foxtel coverage.

In the Brisbane rooms ... Darcy, Bolton (Jude) and Jones (Nathan).

Does it really take 3 of them to conduct interviews? Darcy kept looking at the camera while the other 2 were asking questions, mainly Jonesy. It looked ridiculous. 

At least they make the effort to be there live for the games, as opposed to fox who sit in a studio 

1 hour ago, biggestred said:

I mean that is lucky. But winning 11/12 close games is more than luck

Yes it's not al luck, they're obviously well drilled, but winning so many close games is in itself lucky.

12 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Moreover, the Tigers only won two games that season. 

Good word.

Next you'll be using "notwithstanding" and "hereinbefore". Even lawyers have stopped using those words.

FWIW I had a coffee with a woman the other day who kept using the word "happenstance". Now there's a word you don't hear every day. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, titan_uranus said:

It’s always been both. Luck has a say in most, if not all, close games, whether it’s the bounce of our unpredictable ball or whether the umpire pays/doesn’t pay a free that is/isn’t there. Not everything is in Collingwood’s control and therefore they must rely on luck. 

Their system for closing down games when they hold the lead late is perfection though, as is their ability to feed off the almost-always pro-Collingwood crowd to claw back deficits. 

And they kick the clutch goals also. Rarely do they miss a go ahead shot at goal at the end of games. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BDA said:

We've played the Hawks as a sat evening twilight fixture in recent years. She's got to see us beat them regularly, so they are not on her radar at all as a team to dislike.

Don't worry though. If they ever get their act together (hopefully never) i'll be sure to provide another parental history lesson. 

One of the great facets of our game is bringing families together. AFL has been a bonding session for my daughter and I many a time.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 18/05/2024 at 08:32, Smokey said:

When's the last time we lost a game like Carlton did last night? 2019? 

We're not perfect, but at least we never get blown away like that. 

I like to think although we lost to Carlton  we at least softened them up for the Swans to pants them.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Winners at last said:

Good word.

Next you'll be using "notwithstanding" and "hereinbefore". Even lawyers have stopped using those words.

FWIW I had a coffee with a woman the other day who kept using the word "happenstance". Now there's a word you don't hear every day. 

I used the word “hitherto” when speaking with my youngest son. In the same sentence I used the word “totes” and he said he sometimes feels like he’s talking to two people born 200 years apart 😅

• Like 1
  • Clap 1

8 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I used the word “hitherto” when speaking with my youngest son. In the same sentence I used the word “totes” and he said he sometimes feels like he’s talking to two people born 200 years apart 😅

He’s very perceptive your son. I’d pegged you as deranged - but he’s got you as schizo, which explains a lot more. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Neil Crompton said:

He’s very perceptive your son. I’d pegged you as deranged - but he’s got you as schizo, which explains a lot more. 

Dungeons And Dragons Reaction GIF by Hyper RPG

• Haha 1

Geez I hope they don’t keep cutting to the crowd too often… those Essendon ferals are making it difficult for one to keep one’s lunch down. 🤢

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Geez I hope they don’t keep cutting to the crowd too often… those Essendon ferals are making it difficult for one to keep one’s lunch down. 🤢

I am happy for lots of crowd shots if the Kangaroos stay in front. 

• Love 1

C’mon North… don’t gift them anything! 😠

Ugh if they win this they’re second on the ladder. THIS CAN’T HAPPEN. Surely there’s something in the Geneva Convention about this. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, ANG13 said:

Are the Roos missing any defenders through injury?

All their defenders are missing. They’re out on the ground, but they’re missing nonetheless. 😭

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I enjoy your hatred of Essendon and am pleased it extends to their supporters.

• Haha 2