CASEY: Rd 01 vs Box Hill

54 minutes ago, Dee-licious said:

And again - Id love to see him just go for the snap inside 50. 

I'm one of the rare people who love Kozzie flying for hangers and i would have loved Oliver to kick the goal against the bulldogs instead of passing to JVR but you need to know your place and function.

I don't think Kolt lacks confidence or instinct but he needs to learn his role to earn a spot in the side and get a liscence 

4 minutes ago, deejammin' said:

Bailey Laurie is NOT a mid. That clearance was the prime example, fumbles the ball to Hawthorns 50, misses a tackle clearance Hawthorn. He has some crafty things for a HF or small forward but he’s not a mid, this needs to end.

Yep. I want us to keep trying things with him this year. I wonder if small defender next? 

• Like 2

Just now, deejammin' said:

This might be the worst Casey performance for a long time. Losing Smith and Brayshaw from the list, plus the injuries to Turner, Sestan and Melksham have spread us too thin. 

Lose to Coburg who went 0-18 last year and you kind of know we weren't going well

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

You’re kidding 

I’m actually not. Haven’t seen anything that impresses in either his brief pre season showings or this Casey game. Looks unsure with the ball and fumbly. I’d be very happy to be wrong, but not seeing signs that he was worth pick 13. It was a surprise that he bolted in the draft. As I said, very much hope he stars and he has plenty of time to improve. 

7 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

Lose to Coburg who went 0-18 last year and you kind of know we weren't going well

I was hoping we were just trying some things and bringing underdone players in that game, alas it looks like we’ve fallen off the cliff.

The shocking thing is there is a spot right there for a Tomlinson or an Adams and they’ve both been so poor. Disappointing. 

Edited by deejammin'

Okay, so aside from giving away the first ten scoring shots of the game, it has been a relatively even contest on the scoreboard.

Key ball winners missing and a couple of talls playing in unfamiliar roles doesn't help, but there's been a lot of 'unreliability' that is not any kind of external factor.

3rd quarter. Urgh. 
there was a thread at some point called “it’s the midfield stupid” and that’s what it looks like. Glad we got Hustwaite because I don’t know who else would be going through there. We are being beaten at the contest and it’s not clear who is going to step up in there. 

Defence: Much better quarter by Jefferson and Adams but that’s because they are getting so many opportunities. I’m not sure what Tomlinson was doing that quarter, but he did himself no favours. The rucks aren’t helping back there, nor the mids. AMW and Woey went missing so there was nothing coming off the half back. 

Mids: Kolt looks a player, Laurie is trying. That’s all I’ve got. They are in there for every CB and they are not defending the front of the contest. 

Rucks: we get more around the ground with Fullerton but he’s being beaten in the air. Verrell developing, but getting a lesson from a much stronger opponent. 

forwards: K Brown grabbing and running but no one to send it to. Schache is doing well with no opportunities. But helped if he kicked straight. 

Edited by Dee-licious
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Little Goffy said:

Okay, so aside from giving away the first ten scoring shots of the game, it has been a relatively even contest on the scoreboard.

Key ball winners missing and a couple of talls playing in unfamiliar roles doesn't help, but there's been a lot of 'unreliability' that is not any kind of external factor.

It’s 23 scoring shots to 10. It’s been a domination. There has been barely any clean play from Casey. The ball use off half back and lack of midfield presence is alarming 

• Like 2

Just now, Deecisive said:

well Casey does seem to be following the melbourne play book pretty well, very few if any are manning up.

You mean the number 1 defensive AFL team of the past four years?! Pull the other one!

Edited by deejammin'
  • Like 4