PRESEASON TRAINING: Wednesday 29th November 2023

Demonland

10 hours ago, hardtack said:

My point is that the post you were responding to was about McAdam’s fitness issues and you simply provided a history directly from Adelaide’s web page, which has nothing to do with his fitness issues. Also, if you’re going to quote word for word what is on the site, why not provide a credit?

and your point ?

• Facepalm 1

On 29/11/2023 at 13:49, Dee Boys said:

Rivers and Woey have gone to new levels physically. Really excited to see where Rivers can get to this year, he was a real standout while I was there.

We all know Rivers is a star, but I'm really excited to see where Woey can go this season as well. 

Wasn't really expecting him to get a game last year based on the reports comming out of his performances at Casey (i.e. some good stuff, but not setting the World on fire).  But when Woey got his crack at AFL level, he looked the part almost instantly and I thought he did some really classy stuff.

A bit of AFL body size and strength was perhaps all Woey was lacking last season, so he could really make an impact this year if he can work his way into the side.

• Like 4

On 29/11/2023 at 10:58, WalkingCivilWar said:

I actually did tell him exactly that! He appeared outta nowhere (my umbrella means no peripheral vision) and I knee-jerked and yelled out, “CLARRIE!!!” He said “how are ya?” I said, “better now that I’ve seen you here!” Dave, the physio called him to go and as he walked away I yelled out, “We love you Clarry!” He actually responded, “I love you, too.” 😅 Afterwards he came over and we had an awesome chat. It’s the happiest I’ve ever seen him. He told me about his 10 days with Chin and his family. I said, “Kade’s a great kid.” Clarrie says, [censored] oath he is!” That’s so Clarrie.  😁 He reckons he needs to lose five kilos. I said, “where the hell from?” He patted his belly. He ran off with the physio and when he came back to the fence he said, “you’re still here.” I said, “Yep, got a problem with that, fat-guts?” He laughed and said, “you’re a real fan” meaning because of the weather. I said I most definitely am. He pointed to his temple and said, “We remember this.” I mean, we hear things like this from the girls all the time. It’s rare that one of the boys say it.

I’m back again. We just chatted again. He’s so funny. I said I’d better step back from him lest I take his eye out with my umbrella. Dave said, “geez imagine if that happened!” and we laughed. Clarrie says, “it wouldn’t matter, I’ve got two.” Then I said, “seriously Clarrie, you need to know us supporters love you so much, we’ve got your back, we always have and we always will, and we’ll always love you.” He said, “well someone has to” (love him). Before I could say anything he quickly added, “nah, thanks for that.” 

Just to add one more to those saying what a great post this is WCW and how it lifted my spirits Re the mighty Red and Blue.

I also think it's amazing that given all that's gone on with the media, Clarry would be so open and happy to have an exchange like that with you.  Think it say something about both of you.

Clarry does seem to be a pretty simple country lad at heart - just open and straight down the line, no BS.  Think he and the club made the right decision to stick by each other.  Can't wait to see what he and the boys can produce this season with him back to his normal self physically and mentally.

• Like 4

On 29/11/2023 at 10:58, WalkingCivilWar said:

I actually did tell him exactly that! He appeared outta nowhere (my umbrella means no peripheral vision) and I knee-jerked and yelled out, “CLARRIE!!!” He said “how are ya?” I said, “better now that I’ve seen you here!” Dave, the physio called him to go and as he walked away I yelled out, “We love you Clarry!” He actually responded, “I love you, too.” 😅 Afterwards he came over and we had an awesome chat. It’s the happiest I’ve ever seen him. He told me about his 10 days with Chin and his family. I said, “Kade’s a great kid.” Clarrie says, [censored] oath he is!” That’s so Clarrie.  😁 He reckons he needs to lose five kilos. I said, “where the hell from?” He patted his belly. He ran off with the physio and when he came back to the fence he said, “you’re still here.” I said, “Yep, got a problem with that, fat-guts?” He laughed and said, “you’re a real fan” meaning because of the weather. I said I most definitely am. He pointed to his temple and said, “We remember this.” I mean, we hear things like this from the girls all the time. It’s rare that one of the boys say it.

I’m back again. We just chatted again. He’s so funny. I said I’d better step back from him lest I take his eye out with my umbrella. Dave said, “geez imagine if that happened!” and we laughed. Clarrie says, “it wouldn’t matter, I’ve got two.” Then I said, “seriously Clarrie, you need to know us supporters love you so much, we’ve got your back, we always have and we always will, and we’ll always love you.” He said, “well someone has to” (love him). Before I could say anything he quickly added, “nah, thanks for that.” 

Great effort WcW.

Be careful with that umbrella though.

It's ok to have one eyed supporters but not too great for mid fielders.

Edited by leave it to deever
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:

I also think it's amazing that given all that's gone on with the media, Clarry would be so open and happy to have an exchange like that with you. 

Right?! And this is why, given a choice, I definitely wouldn’t have engaged at all… especially during training. But I didn’t have a choice… like I said, he just appeared seemingly out of nowhere and no one was more surprised to hear me yell out his name than me. 😆

I have a son the same age as Clarrie, and I know that Michelle (his mum) was extremely upset with the media pile-on, especially since she had other upheavals with which she was burdened at the time. I spoke to Clarrie exactly how I would’ve spoken to my own son. After all, these boys are people first, footballers second. 

Edited by WalkingCivilWar
  • Like 7
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I have a son the same age as Clarrie, and I know that Michelle (his mum) was extremely upset with the media pile-on, especially since she had other upheavals with which she was burdened at the time. I spoke to Clarrie exactly how I would’ve spoken to my own son. After all, these boys are people first, footballers second. 

Totally agree and this is why as I suspected, the exchange was something of a reflection on you as well WCW.

If only the media would remember the last bit.  So much of the time the seem to be reported on like they are objects, there for our entertainment, the sponsors and media.

Edited by Rodney (Balls) Grinter
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1