18 injuries at the Crows

the stig

They have 18 injuries yet are still playing good footy and winning

We on the other hand have 8 injuries have the deepest list out of the victorian teams apparentley.

They are playing with heart we are not

They are playing for each other and the coach we are not

They are playing for the jumper we are not

They have heeps of leaders we have none

WE hve NO passion or pride at Melbourne

They have 18 injuries yet are still playing good footy and winning

We on the other hand have 8 injuries have the deepest list out of the victorian teams apparentley.

WE hve NO passion or pride at Melbourne

No, we just don't have depth.

No, we just don't have depth.

Haha what happend about people that say "the media think hawthorn have the best list...i think not". HAHA

The problem with our injuries is that they include 6 of the hardest players we have - all with talent as well. Neita, Brock, Robbo, Byron, Bartram and Sylvia. Add Rivers to that list and we are really missing 50% of our team.

We are left with one hard and talented player (Wheels), several telented but not so hard types (Bruce, Green, Junior, Trapper, Flash, Yze), one hard nut with limited talent (Carrol), a few triers with limited ability (Ward, Holland, Godders and Brown) and several others that are only fringe players with no influence on any game (wheatley, bell, Miller etc).

This makes it tough and we will struggle to win any games until we get back some of the 6 listed above. Young guns like Dunn and Bate back and in-form will also help.

Just noticed that Byron and Rivers are back this week - should help but our forward line still lacks goal scoring options without Neita and Robbo.

But even players with limited talent can apply pressure, and attack the ball. I will be happy if Melbourne do that week in, week out, even if they lose. (Of course I'd prefer if they win !). Look at Sydney, not the most alented bunch of players around, but don't they have a go. I just wish Melbourne had that attitude.

But even players with limited talent can apply pressure, and attack the ball. I will be happy if Melbourne do that week in, week out, even if they lose. (Of course I'd prefer if they win !). Look at Sydney, not the most alented bunch of players around, but don't they have a go. I just wish Melbourne had that attitude.

Good point DemonDoug and I wish we had that attitude too. After 3 losses, however, I have become pessimistic about our ability to play that way because our several talented but not so hard players have been around for some years and are unlikely to ever become real hard nuts. Sydney have hardness throughout their team.

Like last year, I hope the boys can once again prove my pessimism wrong!!!!!

They might have 18 injuries, but how good are those players? I doubt those 18 players would all be guaranteed a start, like at least 7 of our injuries would. It's a big mistrial.

Rhett Biglands

Biglands played 23 of the 24 games for Adelaide in 2006, and topped the Crows’ hit-outs with 331

Trent Hentschel

A 2006 season that had produced 42 goals – including a haul of eight against Essendon – went horribly wrong when Hentschel wrecked his right knee against Port Adelaide in round 21.

Graham Johncock

Enhanced his reputation as one of the elite small defenders in the AFL in 2006, and was unlucky to miss All-Australian selection. Led the Crows in rebounds from 50. He played every game and finished third in the club champion voting, only failing to poll votes in the round 17 loss to West Coast at Subiaco.

Kris Massie

After struggling in 2005, the former first-round draft pick for Carlton enjoyed a much more consistent 2006 season. Picked at No. 7 in the same year as TJ, Ottens, Croad, Power etc...

Ben Rutten

Following his All-Australian selection and promotion to the leadership group in 2005, the unflappable full back produced another fine season last year, playing every game. His shutdown jobs on the game’s best key forwards are a key to Adelaide’s miserly defence.

Jason Porplyzia

The winner of the club’s emerging talent award in 2006, Porplyzia proved a difficult match-up as a small forward but also showed some promising signs in midfield bursts. His best game was a 25-possession effort against Melbourne in round 22.

Robert Shirley

His willingness to embrace a role as a tagger revived his AFL career and he continues to push his game to new levels. Although he has continued to take on some of the best midfielders in the AFL, he managed to still average 16 possessions per game. Shirley led Adelaide’s hard-ball gets with 75 and finished third in the club tackle count (85)

Mark Ricciuto

Best and fairest 1998, 2003, 2004; 3rd best and fairest 1994, 1997, 2000; Best Team Man 1994, 2003; All-Australian 1994, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004 (captain), 2005 (captain); International Rules Series 1998, 2000; AFL Rising Star nominee 1993; Premiership player 1998; Brownlow Medallist 2003; Pre-season premiership player 2003; Runner up Brownlow Medal 2004; AFLPA Best Captain 2005, 2006; Club captain since 2001.

We whinge and moan about our injuries but if we had the depth of Adelaide then all would be ok.... They are playing hard, exciting footy and winning games with these guys and more out of the side.... I am not saying we have nothing to whinge about, we do, but depth is important!!

I would gladly play any of these guys in our starting 22!!

Well Rutten has played every week this year, and Porplyzia played last week.

I am merely trying to prove that the players the crows have out are players that would walk straight into our 22....

For the record lets replace Ben Rutten on the above list with say.... Ken McGregor

and lets replace Porplyzia with say..... Matthew Bode

Either way you look at it, they have depth.... We don't!

Adelaide got flogged at home by the Bombers in Rnd 1 but they had the group that would not take that sort of crap again.... We got flogged in Rnd 1 and came out and got flogged again in Rnd 2 (losing key players in the process)

There is a difference in the 2 clubs obviously....

I don't know - I certainly didn't say that.

A year ago that was one of the members slogan at the bottom of their post

A year ago that was one of the members slogan at the bottom of their post

Ah yeah, I do remember that.

I thought it was the best young list though, and mentioned guys like Moloney, McLean, Sylvia, Bell, Bate, CJ, etc.

Haha what happend about people that say "the media think hawthorn have the best list...i think not". HAHA

That was me

And it was the Western Bulldogs

get it right

That was me

And it was the Western Bulldogs

get it right

not the point. the point was that u thought we had the best list yet its exploded on this forum discussing that we obviously dont

not the point. the point was that u thought we had the best list yet its exploded on this forum discussing that we obviously dont

We have the 2 best young midfielders in the comp

McLean and Sylvia

If they ever get their bodys right, they will lead us to the flag

We have the 2 best young midfielders in the comp

McLean and Sylvia

If they ever get their bodys right, they will lead us to the flag

Very correct YM- So please boys mclean and slyvia get your bodies right and you will win us the flag and be champions, especially you Slyvia. :)

Another couple of sterling posts from Yze Not So Magic. Always good entertainment on a Saturday night after a good curry out.

'We have the two best young midfielders in the comp'. Simple question. Where's the evidence to date?

'The best young list'. I don't think so by any stretch. Again, where's your evidence? Currently the Lions, Hawks and Dogs, even the Dons, look better placed than us in this regard.

I appreciate your blind optimism but a little reality check wouldn't go astray.