What they are saying at Carrara

Dee Zephyr

2 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Indeed it is

Neil Diamond wrote quite a few of the Monkees' songs. Others were syndicated through the writers of the TV networks producing the MKees series and recordings. In this regard, they were totally controlled. Shame, because they actually had talent!

Just now, Deemania since 56 said:

Neil Diamond wrote quite a few of the Monkees' songs. Others were syndicated through the writers of the TV networks producing the MKees series and recordings. In this regard, they were totally controlled. Shame, because they actually had talent!

Yes. They hadn’t even seen their second album until it was in the shops!

”Head” is an excellent movie in the psychedelic genre 

9 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

And Barry Manilow didn't write the song......"I write the songs......"

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

I also forgot to mention that stupid movie never ending story only went for 102 minutes.

Edited by leave it to deever
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

When i was growing up there were Barry Manilow records in the house. 
it was traumatizing 

My fear was dad playing Herman's Hermits ad nauseam. 

But I do recall addressing the issue when I purchased the Kiss Dynasty album and palmed it off as a father's day present.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, leave it to deever said:

But I do recall addressing the issue when I purchased the Kiss Dynasty album and palmed it off as a father's day present.

Try having an 8 Track Cartridge Player in the Family Car between 1973-78

The selection of artists at the local Sound Lounge was fairly limited 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Try having an 8 Track Cartridge Player in the Family Car between 1973-78

The selection of artists at the local Sound Lounge was fairly limited 

I do recall being held hostage to a selection of various moog music covers all the way from St. kilda to Merimbula.

Eg.

Make it stop.

For the love all things good I dont know why he just didn't drive head on into the closet semi with this playing and us kids whinging.

Edited by leave it to deever
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

When i was growing up there were Barry Manilow records in the house. 
it was traumatizing 

But did you have Polka Party or Smacka Fitzgibbon's Housewarming Party in your collection?? 

We did and I suffered too, like you Sir WYL !! 

Perhaps moreso !

2 minutes ago, pineapple dee said:

But did you have Polka Party or Smacka Fitzgibbon's Housewarming Party in your collection?? 

We did and I suffered too, like you Sir WYL !! 

Perhaps moreso !

My dad knew Smacka

it was a big moment when he was on the “Penthouse Club”

Polka was big in the 70’s

still trying to work out why

Edited by Sir Why You Little
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Deemania since 56 said:

No. They did not have talent, but they were backed by some able songwriters.

6 hours ago, Rab D Nesbitt said:

It has taken 40 years to get a core of around 25k to turn up every second week at the SCG to watch Sydney play. An implant team sprinkled with marquee signings funded in part by the COLA allowance to help keep the turnstiles rotating. 

I don't know whether the talk of grassroots development is true or just AFL hype but from afar GCS look to be no more than a plastic franchise representing an apathetic market in a cultural wasteland. 

Sydney has been getting solid crowds since the mid 90s. Lockett and Barassi set them up. It's no surprise that Gold Coast's membership and crowds became static as soon as Ablett left and they crashed again

Brisbane, Sydney, GWS and GC simply can't afford to bottom out. Brisbane was on the brink a few years ago. Sydney has been very solid for going on almost 30 years since 1995. GC is going to be on life support until they win a flag. And you can bet the AFL will help them just as they did Brisbane.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, leave it to deever said:

♪ Oh, I'm 'Enery the Eight, I am! ♫

3 hours ago, pitmaster said:

No. They did not have talent, but they were backed by some able songwriters.

The singer was actually a drummer. The drummer was actually an actor. The bass guitarist was really a guitarist and better on that instrument than the lead guitarist who was trained on bass, and who really wanted to be a songwriter. Strange band in many ways.

Anyway, back to what they're saying right now at Carrara: "SH*T!!!!"