MATCH PREVIEW AND TEAM SELECTION - ROUND 10

Demonland

Why do I have this feeling like we're back to shuffling deck chairs around? 

I like Harmes for Weids, only because Weids needs time in the VFL. I don't know that it'll be much of an upgrade. Kent needed to go, he's got to learn to commit more, he's been really disappointing of late. I know people don't like Melksham but he's solid and brings maturity to the team. 

I've tipped us with zero confidence, that said with GAblett out we should have the midfield dominance and the players should have been given a firecracker up their asses this week after their poor showing v North. This is a must win if we are to have any hope of glimpsing finals footy. 

Edited by Pates

1 minute ago, Wiseblood said:

We've been in every game so far this year.  True, we've lost a couple we should have won, but we are a threat to every team in the comp when we're on.

But to each their own.

Being in games isnt enough Wise.

Finals sides win games they should.

We dont. At least not consistently. We are looking at yet another top 10 pick, maybe even top 5, and I think it's a disgrace for a side whos CEO hinted at finals LAST year.

• Like 5

GAJ's psychologist informed his club that he was having psychotic paranoia outbursts at the prospect of facing Jack Viney again. Too many shadows to jump at. So he can't make it this week. 

Edited by Moonshadow
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, faultydet said:

Being in games isnt enough Wise.

Finals sides win games they should.

We dont. At least not consistently. We are looking at yet another top 10 pick, maybe even top 5, and I think it's a disgrace for a side whos CEO hinted at finals LAST year.

I can't argue that we should have won more games than we should, but we are no pushovers.  If it clicks and we sneak into the finals then I would expect that no side would want to play us.  Our win over Adelaide is proof that when we play well we can beat anyone in the comp.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Biffen said:

This ones in the bank.

A lay down misere.

Fruit for the sideboard.

A mere formality.

I seem to recall you saying similar about the Kangas last week Biffen. I believe the word 'shaft' was used as a verb.

13 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

what? they butcher the ball and make poor decisions?

Come on, DC. Settle down. :P

This first quarter against Geelong is quite similar to our first against Adelaide.

Edited by A F

Who fancies taking up the challenge of finding a named starting forward line in recent history consisting of one player over 190cm and no-one above 193cm?

The cupboards are bare. But if there was something on the top shelf we wouldn't be able to reach up and grab it anyway.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

I can't argue that we should have won more games than we should, but we are no pushovers.  If it clicks and we sneak into the finals then I would expect that no side would want to play us.  Our win over Adelaide is proof that when we play well we can beat anyone in the comp.

While Norf treats us with utter contempt, we wont be bothering anyone in finals.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Skuit said:

Who fancies taking up the challenge of finding a named starting forward line in recent history consisting of one player over 190cm and no-one above 193cm?

The cupboards are bare. But if there was something on the top shelf we wouldn't be able to reach up and grab it anyway.

You've been on fire lately, mate.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

We've been in every game so far this year.  True, we've lost a couple we should have won, but we are a threat to every team in the comp when we're on.

But to each their own.

Im not sure really any team sees us as a threat. An inconsistent stumbling block...yes

We'll win a few as a result of our up/down form but not through any team capitulating in fear :unsure:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, faultydet said:

While Norf treats us with utter contempt, we wont be bothering anyone in finals.

Totally disagree, but I'm wasting my time.

5 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Im not sure really any team sees us as a threat. An inconsistent stumbling block...yes

We'll win a few as a result of our up/down form but not through any team capitulating in fear :unsure:

Ditto for you, too.  We aren't pushovers and can match it with anyone.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, A F said:

I'm looking forward to playing Port. I reckon we both play a very similar style.

From a statistical KPI perspective, we're actually a very close match with Gold Coast - except we have a massive advantage in tackles. Exactly where we need to win this match.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

Totally disagree, but I'm wasting my time.

Ditto for you, too.  We aren't pushovers and can match it with anyone.

Well not really WB....most teams turn up before qtr time :rolleyes:

When we start matching teams mentally for 120 mins ...maybe.

Hasn't happened once this year.

1 minute ago, beelzebub said:

Well not really WB....most teams turn up before qtr time :rolleyes:

When we start matching teams mentally for 120 mins ...maybe.

Hasn't happened once this year.

What team matches another mentally for an entire game, every week, for 120 minutes?  No team is THAT good.  Every team has flat periods in a game, ours have just been a little longer than they should be during some games.

The Adelaide game is proof we can do it, while the North game is an example of that inconsistency.  Every game is also proof that we aren't pushovers and we will be in every contest.

• Like 2

We brought our game to Adelaide for effectively 90 out of 120 mins.

We did very very well as a result.

Most games this year wed be lucky to put more than 70 mins of top effort. Its a big reason we give away starts..a reason we let teams back into games and cant finish off.

We've lost many a game because our opponent when pushed found another gear , starved us of oxygen with their dust.

I dont relish any of this.I doubt the team does. Only they can do anything about it.

Finals bound teams will apply themselves longer than those they plat. Premiership teams...even longer.

26 minutes ago, Little Goffy said:

I'm just watching for the proverbial 157-point win 'statement game' that we never look back from.

I thought Adelaide was our statement win?

• Like 1