Where's rpfc?

John Crow Batty

I rarely post here, but there's a few posters whose takes on the footy I always appreciate reading. Nasher, Mach5 and P-Man and a few others. rjay seems like the nicest dude.

Most of the time I'm just drunk posting after a match and forget who everyone is and how I got here.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jesus Hoganshaw said:

I rarely post here, but there's a few posters whose takes on the footy I always appreciate reading. Nasher, Mach5 and P-Man and a few others. rjay seems like the nicest dude.

Most of the time I'm just drunk posting after a match and forget who everyone is and how I got here.

Perfect

34 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

hopefully something unfortunate

Dr Who was back here in another guise for a while ... got into another argument (with an unlikely aide on his side) and then promptly left again.

Most here tend to agree most of the time (but it's often not really visible) and might disagree 10% - 15% of the time (which is often clearly visible)  There wouldn't be too many that are diametrically opposed on most issues. 

Armed with that information,  we shouldn't ever hold grudges.  The strike rate here with regards to being on the same page is a lot higher than many might realise. 

It's all related to the winning & losing or whether a person likes and/or supports a player (or players) or not (or the board, admin or coaches).  Some handle losing better than others - getting involved at local level (whether you're a player or not) teaches you how to win and handle winning and you also learn how to deal with defeat.  That's what it taught me anyway.

As spectators, members & supporters of the MFC, we influence virtually nothing.  It's out of our hands.  Think it was 'faulty det' who said that we're like barking dogs behind fences.  So true.

9 minutes ago, Macca said:

Dr Who was back here in another guise for a while ... got into another argument (with an unlikely aide on his side) and then promptly left again.

Most here tend to agree most of the time (but it's often not really visible) and might disagree 10% - 15% of the time (which is often clearly visible)  There wouldn't be too many that are diametrically opposed on most issues. 

Armed with that information,  we shouldn't ever hold grudges.  The strike rate here with regards to being on the same page is a lot higher than many might realise. 

It's all related to the winning & losing or whether a person likes and/or supports a player (or players) or not (or the board, admin or coaches).  Some handle losing better than others - getting involved at local level (whether you're a player or not) teaches you how to win and handle winning and you also learn how to deal with defeat.  That's what it taught me anyway.

As spectators, members & supporters of the MFC, we influence virtually nothing.  It's out of our hands.  Think it was 'faulty det' who said that we're like barking dogs behind fences.  So true.

You can't put that, it will bring some posters back to a crashing reality

15 minutes ago, Macca said:

The first half of this thread compared tn the second half is as diametrically opposed as you can get.

• Like 2

Just now, Satyriconhome said:

You can't put that, it will bring some posters back to a crashing reality

Well, maybe.  I reckon deep down, most know we're just merely onlookers. 

I've gotten into serious discussions with people here after making what I felt was a flippant comment ... some might read into it the wrong way and hey presto - it's on.  You can end up defending something that you don't really believe in.  The internet is weird.

A hint for others - if in doubt, add the smiley face emoticon :mellow:

Just now, McQueen said:

The first half of this thread compared tn the second half is as diametrically opposed as you can get.

The first half at least lets him know his absence is being noted.

The second half is a healthy reminder for why he would stay away.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, McQueen said:

I expected you to take the debate over the top with something extreme like this.

You have NFI mate.

Just like i expected you to go for the insults rather than actually understanding the point about societal progress.

Classic 'Land.

2 hours ago, Mach5 said:

I think the fact he slowed up, had a time away, came back briefly and liked some posts, then slipped away again... Would indicate this is of his own will, not imposed upon him by health issues or such.

In fact, I'm bailed up in hospital at the moment, which is the only reason I've had so much time to post lately. I think if it were illness he be more likely to show up.

Hope you're on the mend. 

I'm feeling the love today.

Look at me go.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, stuie said:

Just like i expected you to go for the insults rather than actually understanding the point about societal progress.

Classic 'Land.

I haven't insulted you, Stuart.

Let's just give it a rest okay. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, america de cali said:

The Mach5 lineage has matured and mellowed somewhat. The Prodee line remains annoying for annoyance's sake.

I'd say PD has mellowed as well.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Satyriconhome said:

if you are going to use Ladies as a derogatory term towards men, you need to put the z on the end Ladiez, Precious is a good one as well, I think with the age rise in men still living at home with Mum and Dad, skin has become a lot thinner

You really are a [censored] stirrer aren't you?

3 minutes ago, A F said:

You really are a [censored] stirrer aren't you?

I try.......if you come onto a public board and start handing it out, you have to take it as well, in a manner of speaking of course, some of the 'boys' on here are good at the former but not receptive to the latter....I spent 15 years in the military, where I was insulted and bullied by true professionals, I can handle any nonesense thrown my way

Edited by Satyriconhome

4 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

I try.......if you come onto a public board and start handing it out, you have to take it as well, in a manner of speaking of course, some of the 'boys' on here are good at the former but not receptive to the latter....I spent 15 years in the military, where I was insulted and bullied by true professionals, I can handle any nonesense thrown my way

Ah, so psychologically scarred from years in the military? That makes sense. I hear they're pretty progressive with their gender politics as well.

• Like 1